FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gravyspasm

so uh....can demo OT trash in ToT?

i never touch the spec, so i'm curious if such a thing is possible.

what do i need, how to i spec, rotation?

lay it out for me.

Pop Metamorphosis. Use Sacrificial Pact. Follow it with Unending Resolve. Flip on Immolation Aura, Shadowfury to stun adds, Carrion Swarm to interrupt, and Void Ray spam to kill them before your cooldowns wear off.

Assuming your job is to tank them and not be solely responsible for damage, I would stack the fuck out of mastery. Pick up the Dark Apotheosis glyph and use your general survival CD's. Even with all that, your healers will be busy, but I believe it's probably do-able. Immolation aura and Hand of Gul'Dan will be your go to AoE threat generators along with Demonic Slash (which replaces Shadowbolt) for single-target.

Your Soulshatter turns into a taunt

Your Shadow Ward turns into a straight up damage absorption with charges. Use it as much as possible.

Get Corruption up on everything as soon as you've got initial threat to gain HP back from the Siphon Life glyph.

I haven't thought much about it, but I'd definitely try to use Grimoire of Service, pulling out a 2nd Voidwalker to help reduce damage to yourself.

As Zagam said, use Void Ray for filler and to maintain Corruption on your targets.

If nobody else is providing damage reduction debuffs on the enemies, while in DA form your curses still turn into auras. So feel free to pop Curse of Enfeeblement after you enter DA (which doesn't consume DF every second) so that everything is debuffed.

Without DA, you will get stomped extremely fast without massive heals, depending on how many mobs you're tanking.

Edited by Omaric
  • Like 1

I mean, why are you legitimately trying to tank? I was talking about pseudo tanking until a tank was bres'd or quit being dumb. Tanking LFR and 5 man's is doable, but you still get your ass beaten.

I mean, why are you legitimately trying to tank? I was talking about pseudo tanking until a tank was bres'd or quit being dumb. Tanking LFR and 5 man's is doable, but you still get your ass beaten.

oh, i can tank until a res goes off now as destro. what shield i'd have built up from leech along with pact is more than enough.

but i am just seeing what is do-able for the trash is all.

that second trash pull, where it's the one big hopping guy and then the handful of little guys...i imagine that would suck.

but that first pull, i dunno. just curious i guess.