FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
pajacas

Roaring Blaze vs Backdraft

Hey guys, im wondering what would be the best for a haste/mastery orianted destro warlock, i feel i get more dps with the roaring blaze up than backdraft.

Ive heard alot of people telling me to go Roaring blaze, this is what i got at xavius LFR with Backdraft

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Vvz7hQKaAXZ6B1yn#fight=3&type=damage-done&source=57

just wondered if anyone has been running alot with both and can give som input

Mostly comes down to play style, arguments can be made for both talents both pro and con. Sims show that if used well Roaring Blaze is better, but if you look at live WCL ranks you can quickly see that both talents are used about equally across almost all fights with both doing about as well.

Personally, I've played the Backdraft style for so many tiers that for the couple of fights that I use destro on, I wouldn't even think of using Roaring since I don't want to retain my fingers.

• Like 1

Most people (at least on the lock discord) seem to recommend Roaring Blaze (especially for cleave). However, the actual logs of what the top parsing people take is usually in favour of BD.  

Well if you feel you get more DPS with RB, why not play it? If you don't like the play style then the question is whether that amount of DPS increase is worth that amount of loss of enjoyment?

It's like Mana Tap I will never play that until it is a LOT better as I really dislike the talent.  

Personally I have chosen to stick with BD for now however I do have the legendary belt and sims show the results so close on most things (for some reason hectic add cleave is the main thing there is a gap on). I did try to change at one point but my muscle memory is firmly ingrained and it would have taken me weeks to swap but by then I got Feretory. 

Edited by spikeysquad

Mostly just by way of affirming what has already been written, from another lock, though I guess slightly different take.

I started with BD. I now play with RB. I personally don't find it difficult to use optimally; it flows very well, creating a nice rhythm to the spec. That's not necessarily what you should do, just what I did.

But really, you can't go wrong. Picking one over the other isn't going to change your world or suddenly have you moving up slots on dps. I think the fact that top tier (and second, and so on) parsers use both is indicative of how much it doesn't really matter. Your mastery swings will probably play a bigger role given you're stacking it, rather than picking between these two talents.

Flip a coin or go with the style you like more.