FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
itisasitis

New UA - how does it really work?

Hi all,

I have a bit of a hard time interpreting the Unstable Affliction buff:

Unstable Affliction now afflicts a target with up to 5 Unstable Afflictions at once.

Is it 100% random? Is there actually a way to see how many stacks are applied?

I am not maining a warlock anymore but from what I understand they changed it from being one dot that gets bigger with more applications to you just being able to have multiple applications of the dot on a single target.

46 minutes ago, Drkdragon said:

I am not maining a warlock anymore but from what I understand they changed it from being one dot that gets bigger with more applications to you just being able to have multiple applications of the dot on a single target.

Ya, what he said.

This means that EACH application of the dot can proc Compounding Horror and if the target dies while the UAs are applied, each of them returns a Soul Shard instead of just getting the one.

1 hour ago, Lockybalboa said:

Ya, what he said.

This means that EACH application of the dot can proc Compounding Horror and if the target dies while the UAs are applied, each of them returns a Soul Shard instead of just getting the one.

Except the it still only returns 1, no matter how many are on them from what ive noticed.

If so that bites, from what I heard it was working on PTR. I haven't really looked on live much since I only play aff as a joke spec and really never UA anything that is about to die anyways.