FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ferreta

Guardian Artifact Question

Can someone explain how having 3 relics that boost survival instincts damage reduction by 10% works? Currently sits at 60% damage reduction up from the typical 50% right? Obviously it's not going to be 80% reduction, but I can't figure where the number came from.

You may need to rephrase your question, not really sure what your'e talking about with 80%.

its an Additive bonus, so its plain and simple 60% damage reduction when you use it.

Does having three relics that have the same effect not stack? My Life, Blood, and Fire artifact all give + 10% dmg reduction from survival instincts. I'm confusing myself so wording this question is hard haha.

Ok I understand now your confusion, I thought this as well with my Ironbark, but its more like a 2% increase per relic, but for somewhere it doesn't state that, it just shows the current total increase with everything.

Surival Instincts is still 50% damage reduction, but with the trait you can get it to 60% (+3%/+6%/+10%). When you have relics it will show the current plus damage reduction which is 10% but it will still give you only +3% which is one trait worth of plus reduction. If you use one relic it will show 13% (not sure of exact number) and when you use another one it will show 16%. So it does not show how much it will give to you (because it will always give you the same amount of a trait) but it will show your current bonus.

Relic tooltip shows the status of the trait after the relics have been applied. They all work that way.

Edited by xernon