FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gundblaker

Fury - Talenting for the Right Instance

I've read and re-read the guide for Fury Warrior talents here on Icy Veins, and I have some additional questions, focusing more on Mythic+:

General: Is it worth stocking up on Tomes?  Is it worth switching talents between bosses in a Mythic+ setting?

Personally, I have topped the overall DPS as Fury using more AoE talents such as Wrecking Ball, Carnage, Shockwave, etc. in 5 mans, but obviously the DPS suffers during single target encounters such as bosses, minibosses, and particularly tough mobs like the Vile Shard Hulks.  Are there instances where it is better to have a single target setup, or is it better to be talented to maximize utility/AoE damage?  Does it depend more on the instance or how much trash that the tank can handle?

Tier 1: Is there an instance where War Machine is the better choice than Endless Rage?  I know there are a few packs here and there such as in VotW or NL that have some enemies that go down pretty quick, but is it ever worth taking over ER?

Tier 2: Shockwave is definitely great for 5 man content, especially with enrage/bolstering, but is Storm Bolt the correct choice?  I haven't seen an opportunity yet where I thought it would be the better choice than Shockwave, but I want to know if there are situations where it should be talented.

Tier 3: I've been using Wrecking Ball for 5 mans and Whirlwind is consistently a high portion of my damage, as it procs quite frequently and is smoothly incorporated into the rotation to generate Meat Cleaver.  However, would Avatar paired with other steroids and Odyn's Fury outclass it? It seems that the cooldown for Avatar is just too long in dungeons to effectively clear trash.

Tier 4: Even with the reduced damage taken during Enrage, is it ever worth not taking Warpaint?

Tier 5: This goes with what I said above, Massacre is definitely stronger in single target situations.  I usually take Carnage into 5 mans because the cleave with Whirlwind is strong.  Is Massacre the better choice?

Tier 6:  I have become so accustomed to Inner Rage that I'm a little anxious to swap it out for anything, and it is a large portion of my damage.  However, Bloodbath looks like it could be strong in Mythic+, though the mobs have to last for a while to be worth using.  Should I talent Bloodbath for Mythic+?

Tier 7:  I have been using Dragon Roar for Mythic+ to pair with Odyn's Fury, although I have used Bladestorm previously and it does so much damage...with such a long cooldown.  The guide mentions that it can be used with predictable periods of high burst AoE, could someone point out when it should be used?  Does Odyn's Champion reduce the cooldown enough that it worth it?

Dicussion and feedback appreciated!

This is my opinion on talents for myth+ (just personal experience)

T1: War machine seems great since you try to pull asap after finishing a trash pack. On the downside, trash mobs usually die all at the same time and not one after another so buff uptime might be lost between two packs and of course if bossfights don't contain adds you lose out on single target dps.

I see this working in maybe neltharion's lair or VoW but i would never use it with necrotic affix since you will wait between trash pulls.

T2: Stormbolt has a lower cd if you only hit less than 4 mobs with Shockwave. So it's better for long lasting single target fights with a stunnable target... I guess never in the current content.

T3: Wrecking Ball should be the go to talent for at least myth+ 2-9, at 10 with tyrannic affix Avatar might be better since bossfights last way longer.

T4: A big Problem in higher mythics is the damage on some boss abilities, so i feel safer to not get oneshot with 5% reduced damage than with a somewhat hard to perform heal.

T5: Never thought about it but yeah, Carnage vs. Massacre should be the same argument as Wrecking Ball vs. Avatar.

T6: Bloodbath might be tempting but i for myself don't feel good about changing my rota just to try it out.

T7: I use Dragonsroar since it works for both single target and multi target dps. I tryed out BS but didn't really like it, on arms its really strong since you use it with the full BC uptime. With fury you usually BC, procc Enrage, cast Odyn's fury and then cast Bladestorm so it doesn't do just as much. Especially since 20% on Odyn's Fury makes alot as well and you can use it twice till Bladestorm comes of cd.

Thats it from me, but i would really like to hear some more opinions :)

Búghosh

Edited by Bughosh

1 hour ago, Bughosh said:

This is my opinion on talents for myth+ (just personal experience)

T1: War machine seems great since you try to pull asap after finishing a trash pack. On the downside, trash mobs usually die all at the same time and not one after another so buff uptime might be lost between two packs and of course if bossfights don't contain adds you lose out on single target dps.

I see this working in maybe neltharion's lair or VoW but i would never use it with necrotic affix since you will wait between trash pulls.

T2: Stormbolt has a lower cd if you only hit less than 4 mobs with Shockwave. So it's better for long lasting single target fights with a stunnable target... I guess never in the current content.

T3: Wrecking Ball should be the go to talent for at least myth+ 2-9, at 10 with tyrannic affix Avatar might be better since bossfights last way longer.

T4: A big Problem in higher mythics is the damage on some boss abilities, so i feel safer to not get oneshot with 5% reduced damage than with a somewhat hard to perform heal.

T5: Never thought about it but yeah, Carnage vs. Massacre should be the same argument as Wrecking Ball vs. Avatar.

T6: Bloodbath might be tempting but i for myself don't feel good about changing my rota just to try it out.

T7: I use Dragonsroar since it works for both single target and multi target dps. I tryed out BS but didn't really like it, on arms its really strong since you use it with the full BC uptime. With fury you usually BC, procc Enrage, cast Odyn's fury and then cast Bladestorm so it doesn't do just as much. Especially since 20% on Odyn's Fury makes alot as well and you can use it twice till Bladestorm comes of cd.

Thats it from me, but i would really like to hear some more opinions :)

Búghosh

Oh... well it seems I misread the rotation guide because I've been using Rampage to Enrage and then popping Dragon Roar then BC and Odyn's Fury... probably need to work on that.  However, I do agree with you, Odyn's Fury has higher priority and stacking it with Dragon Roar is generally just better I think.  Battlecry would need to be a longer duration...possible with a ton of haste?

The guide doesn't seem to focus on multi target situtions to much. Whats not to irritating since it's mainly for raiding.

However i use the opener as stated in 1.2 with some small changes:

1. Cast Heroic Leap
2. Cast Whirlwind to activate Meat Cleaver
3. Cast Avatar and Dragon Roar
4. Cast Battlecry and Bloodthirst
5. Continue with Multiple-Target rotation

For some reason Odyn's Fury isn't mentioned in the Multiple-Target rotation so you might want to add

4,5. Cast Odyn's Fury

just to be correct ;)

I was under the impression you can't use tomes in Mythic+. Did they change that?

As for talents for mythic+ I prefer a more AOE oriented build. Trash is more important to clear fast, especially at higher mythic+

Edited by Khula