FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Antipater

Outlaw to Sin

Hi, 

Posted recently about issues i had with outlaw spec and gave a recent raid a go and after decided to go Sin. Even though i improved i didnt hit the numbers i wanted. 

Ive no recent logs but wanted help as ive went for the AP build, due to my stats currently being:

Crit - 33

Haste - 13

Mastery - 113

Vers - 8

I've been on a dummy and trying the rotation and im still only bursting to around 350 and settling at 250.

Ive seen other rogues in pugs etc smashing out consistent 35-400k dps after a 800 burst, with an ilvl similar to my own.

Im either being fucking useless or just cant figure something out. Id appreciate any insight you can into my issues, with a possible rotation breakdown?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Aphastion/advanced

Thanks

The Icy Veins rotation guide is a pretty good start, I would also look into asking those other sin rogues in the future in regards to tips on doing better. You said you switched from outlaw to sin, how many artifact traits do you have in your kingslayers because a lack of traits, especially golden ones will definitely drop your DPS but quite a decent amount. Posting logs will allows us to analyse your rotation and suggest more tailored information.

yeah next raid will be logged and posted, ive been piling AP and just got my 3rd golden trait there. definitely know that will hinder dps until i rank it further. what i just dont understand is the massive burst i see sin rogues doing. on a dummy with the icy veins rotation, along with loads of other rotations, i burst to 330 max then drop to 220 again as consistet, i feel like im being a complete idiot here but i cant get any improvement. 

Having 3 golden traits is great, you shouldn't be too hampered in terms of dps. In terms of burst damage, are those other sin rogues running AP build?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NmhdtaA6YK7VgTQn/#type=damage-done&source=1

Log from target dummy. This was with high mastery and AP. 72% EP uptime could improve. Still cant figure out the low burst though lol.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TCxAckbpGwP9qnQ3/#type=damage-done&source=1

This is dummy again with Ex instead of AP and less mastery higher crit. Similar numbers. 

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Aphastion said:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yq8HFMKnrJ4Cpjvf/#type=auras&source=1

EN normal raid. Any ideas? I think at this stage i just need to up my crit. 

Looks ok to me. Rupture uptime is pretty good, but your Garrote could use some work.

A couple times you used Rupture then used it again immediately afterwards - that's no good at all, you're completely wasting CPs.

Have you tried Agonizing Poison? Your ilevel should be high enough for it.

Really just looks like you need to practice the spec more though. Get some Weakauras or something set up to help you with your maintenance stuff and cooldown tracking, and just practice

• Like 1

Thanks man. Yeah I agree. I think my multiple ruptures were situational and possible panic presses, soon as I learn the play style more it will improve. Yeah I have, and change my gear to have 113% mastery and 31 crit. I find the burst is much lower and the dps doesn't peak as high. Previous logs was my first raid as Sin, so I'll change it up and do one with AP and see how that goes. Thanks! 

14 hours ago, Carrn said:

Looks ok to me. Rupture uptime is pretty good, but your Garrote could use some work.

A couple times you used Rupture then used it again immediately afterwards - that's no good at all, you're completely wasting CPs.

Really just looks like you need to practice the spec more though. Get some Weakauras or something set up to help you with your maintenance stuff and cooldown tracking, and just practice

Sorry to be picking this up again, but in all my fights im below 20% for ilvl. Any ideas on why this is, or do you think its just down to my learning playstyle?

On 10/28/2016 at 10:31 AM, Carrn said:

Hello and sorry for jumping in here like this. I am reading posts everyday to improve my dps as assasination and i often read ppl talk about garrote uptime. I am just curious how can i improve my garrote uptime if i am supposed to vanish + max cp rupture. Basicly there will be only 1 (opener) garrote during whole boss fight. I am probably missing something here so any help would be really apreciated. Thanks in advance. Cheers

Edited by Beli

On 30/10/2016 at 8:41 AM, Beli said:

Hello and sorry for jumping in here like this. I am reading posts everyday to improve my dps as assasination and i often read ppl talk about garrote uptime. I am just curious how can i improve my garrote uptime if i am supposed to vanish + max cp rupture. Basicly there will be only 1 (opener) garrote during whole boss fight. I am probably missing something here so any help would be really apreciated. Thanks in advance. Cheers

You can use Garrote out of stealth

• Like 3

On 10/31/2016 at 10:45 AM, Carrn said:

You can use Garrote out of stealth

Wow... Thanks a lot man and sorry for stupid question. On the other hand, just by reading things you guys talk about here at Icy-veins i improved my dps a lot. After finding out i can do garrote out of stealth i am easily pulling 350k dps on Ursoc HC and i am still only 860ilvl. Great site, great forum. Thanks for everyhting.

Cheers :)

Edit: Just killed Ursoc tonight and pulled 385k dps :)) 

Edited by Beli