FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Araham

Please help critique my rotation/build

Hi Araham,

Only a quick look so far but Wreck Havoc really hurt you. You would have got probably 7-10 more CBs. Less CBs also means less returns from Soul Snatcher (so again less CBs) and a lower Eradication uptime.

When you do get capped on shards (try to avoid but it will happen) you seem to spend a little too long capped as well though this was mostly at the end and Ursoc can be quite a lot of movement then during roars.

Overall, so less damage from your hardest hitting spell (CBs) but do you also see how it all fits together and suddenly becomes a very big deal?

Your Rift use seems a little weird. What makes you decide to cast them?

Why 2 different pots?

One missed use of Doomguard.

Are you staggering your movement on each Conflag and Rift? One gap in casting of 7 seconds but overall this is actually ok. 

What race are you? Just to check that you are not missing some kind of racial. 

Was your regular Imp out and casting? I had another log that I was helping someone with recently where I couldn't see the damage there either but every log I compared to them and to you I could. So I could be wrong but I checked your other fights and there was the Imp damage. So if it was an oversight there's 8% DPS right here.

Otherwise seems pretty decent and more points in your weapon will help. Oh and you're missing a neck enchant but have done the rest so maybe it was new.

Disclaimer: Always may be errors.

Edited by spikeysquad
To add something
  • Like 1

Hi Spikey,

Thanks much for the feedback!

For wreak havok, I was stuck using that for the fight as the AH had no tomes and no one in the raid could make any. I had wreak havok talented for il'gynoth. I realize that Soul Conduit would have been a much more ideal choice for this fight.

I will do a better job watching out that I don't stay capped on shards. Thanks for pointing this out. 

So, for rift use, I was sure that I read somewhere to not let them cap but I thought I also read to wait until at least two were banked before casting. This could be totally wrong and I may not have been doing a good job at that either. Please let me know what your thoughts are on rift use.

The pots thing was purely a mistake. Someone brought the new potions from 7.1 to the raid and I hadn't set up my macros appropriately yet. I'm pretty sure I should stick with Deadly Grace.

I do try to save conflag and rift casts for when having to reposition due to miasma but I'll pay more attention to this as well.

I play as Human so only have Every Man for Himself talent

I did have my Imp out while using GoServ.

I haven't done the neck enchant yet due to the cost of it on the AH on my realm =( Last I checked, it was up there for about 20K.

Thanks again for taking a look. My raid leader is really hoping that I can improve as he looks at warcraft logs a lot and sees other warlocks at my gear level on the same fight pulling ~300K dps

- Araham

You're welcome Araham.

To be honest I think that you should have got more DPS on that fight too. The main thing was the lack of CBs and it's not like you were capped much at all so that isn't your fault (except for the talent choice). Otherwise you really did play decently in my opinion and the usual misplays and red flags aren't there. There is RNG but I always find that bit of a cop out for a reason so I don't normally look at shard regen much, crits or say trinket uptimes.

Locky, or anyone else, what am I missing? Is Belrot (the constant imp) out?  

Competing with locks who have 2 legendaries, let alone the best ones, is not going to happen. However, yes I so believe you should be able to get a much better result than what you did. There are some players who will not have to move as much depending on how the guild handles the fight which will have an impact as well.

Gotta run but I'll come back to the rift and pot stuff if no one else has commented.

• Like 1

Can confirm that you did not have an Imp or any other pet out. You used GOServ imp, but you didn't have your normal Imp out.

1 hour ago, spikeysquad said:

Locky, or anyone else, what am I missing? Is Belrot (the constant imp) out?

I'm guessing Betrot is the name of *your* Imp? The standard Imp shows up in logs under whatever the Imp's name is as part of your DPS, so for me it is Biztik.

• Like 1

Wow you guys are right about me not having my Imp, Belrot, out. I may have to make a weak aura or something to remind me next time. 

I have also been doing as much as I possibly can to increase my chances of getting a legendary but I must have upset the RNG gods at some point. Oh well, I'll keep pressing on.

Anyway, thanks again to both of you guys for pointing these things out. Locky, I've noticed in other threads that you seem to prefer Demo as your main raid spec. I have done work on my Demo weapon to the point where it has several traits filled. Which fights are better to play as Demo over Destro? I would actually like to switch back and forth depending on the need as this would keep things interesting in the long run.

Araham,

Rifts. There is no need to get to 2 before you cast them. You have yet to get the Ripper trait (I think) but then you want to stay on 1 as otherwise you will cap when you get an extra. Rifts are like pets. They are effected by haste, crit etc so if you have a proc trinky that's good to use them. Same with BL/Hero (except if you get the one bolt one I guess). Otherwise keep for movement and if its's planned like Ursoc stagger like you say you have been :)

Pots: Ok this is over on the lock Discord from Not one of the moderators (and top Demo locks). 

SNe3yhg.png

Be aware that is also ST and patchwerk and so if there is 2 targets then you gain more from Prolonged Power. If you have to move during the Deadly Grace period then I also think you are losing more DPS. As it's a bigger loss percentage during the 30 seconds (or is it 25?) than in 1 minute (assuming you don't have to move again in the 1 minute one).

Read this http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2099644-Potion-of-deadly-Grace-or-the-new-Mainstat-Potion too as it covers Destro as well but whatever I said above I believe will apply the same though yes I may be wrong. 

Now where Deadly Grace clearly does win out is when you need to burst a priority target down.

So all in all the results are so close and yet the PoPP is just so much easier/cheaper to make I think I will be sticking with them (unless yes we really need a bit more DPS on something).   

Edited by spikeysquad
  • Like 1

Sorry, was away most of the weekend. Wanted to reply quick to say thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback. It's much appreciated.

Just a few tips: You can always drop a summoning portal, HS back and have them resumm you, takes less than 1 minute. If you had just killed eye, why would you have gServ? Sac is always better for multiple targets, Serv only pulls slightly ahead for pure ST, so you should never go Serv with Havoc. Either Soulconduit+Serv, or Havoc+Sac, with only a very few exceptions.