FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sl1ck731

Sin DPS Help

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some tips on what I may be doing wrong. I'm currently specced to exsang/EP and managed to get above 300k on this Ursoc fight:

(Haestik)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/d63WJCckQDHtx2TF/#type=summary&fight=9

I was pretty excited about hitting 300, its enough for me to be comfortable. What concerns me though is only hitting 69% compared to others of my ilvl, so I was hoping someone might be able to point out anything I'm doing blatantly wrong.

My usual rotation is:

Stealth > Pot > garrote > rupture > mut/kingsbane(if I need the last CP) > vend >vanish > rupture and then proceed to envenom at => 2 CP to keep EP up. I usually just take cooldowns if they come but I will say preparing for them I'm not so good at. Perhaps that's where I'm losing all my DPS but I'm not positive.

I was sitting at these stats for the fight:

Agility: 26,454Stamina: 33,163Crit: 6,062Haste: 2,741Mastery: 5,480Versatility: 3,287

I usually follow simcraft stat weights which I currently have:

Agi 11.56   Crit 8.08   Vers 7.48   Mastery 6.68   Haste 3.87

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/haestik/simple 

I see a lot of people recommend the other builds at certain stats but haven't found a definitive answer to switch to something like AP. One thing I did notice when comparing myself to other rogues is they have a lower EP uptime (60% compared to 80 something) and a lot fewer envenom casts than myself. I'm wondering if I'm sacrificing too much to keep EP up via 2-3 CP envenoms?

Last question, on Ilg and Cenarius I did aweful the first couple attempts as 'sin. So much that I had to switch to Outlaw to get a reasonable (still a little low) DPS in those 2 fights. Is that the only way I can be useful during those fights as they usually involve switching to a lot of quickly killed adds? 

I noticed garrote as well, I'll have to work on that. I haven'y played since WoTLK and don't entirely understand "pandemic". Is there a penalty to refreshing with about ~4/3 sec left? I understand the time rolls over but I'm not sure if a tick is lost or something making it "ok" to refresh early but not ideal. Yes I use FoK when I need the final CP and Kingsbane is on CD.

10 hours ago, sl1ck731 said:

Last question, on Ilg and Cenarius I did aweful the first couple attempts as 'sin. So much that I had to switch to Outlaw to get a reasonable (still a little low) DPS in those 2 fights. Is that the only way I can be useful during those fights as they usually involve switching to a lot of quickly killed adds? 

I can't help much with Ilg since I had same issue (I'm running AP though so I swapped to DP for that fight but still did pretty terrible, about 30k less than my outlaw attempts however. However I would like to point out that I did much more damage to the actual heart than I did with outlaw which is probably the case with you as well). However I did just fine on Cenarius, just make sure you leave your bleeds on him before you go to adds, or maybe save Exsang for when adds come up that way you can get the bleed burst and get a full rupture timer before they get melted.

15 hours ago, multivitamin said:

Simply put: A 6 CP rupture is safely refreshable at around 8 seconds. Pandemic adds a portion of the 1st ruptures remaining time onto the second rupture. 

Safer to go under 7. I think it's 7.2 or something, I can't remember atm, but I believe you'll clip a tick of damage if you do under 8

On 27/10/2016 at 6:12 AM, sl1ck731 said:

I see a lot of people recommend the other builds at certain stats but haven't found a definitive answer to switch to something like AP. One thing I did notice when comparing myself to other rogues is they have a lower EP uptime (60% compared to 80 something) and a lot fewer envenom casts than myself. I'm wondering if I'm sacrificing too much to keep EP up via 2-3 CP envenoms?

Yeah don't use 2-3CP finishers. Always 5+ if you can manage, although if for some reason you mess up and need a shorter Rupture just to maintain

On 27/10/2016 at 6:12 AM, sl1ck731 said:

I was pretty excited about hitting 300, its enough for me to be comfortable. What concerns me though is only hitting 69% compared to others of my ilvl, so I was hoping someone might be able to point out anything I'm doing blatantly wrong.

Just to point out, sitting at 70th percentile for your item level is generally pretty good. Once you start getting into the 80+ mark, you're looking at people with crazy short fights or who are otherwise cheesing the fight solely to boost numbers - ignoring mechanics etc. Don't worry too much about it.

Have you looked at running Agonizing Poison?

10 hours ago, Carrn said:

I can safely say this is a huge boost as just recently, I was troubled how much the AP/EP build was going to really have an impact, thinking I was relegated to maxing at around 250k and would just deal with it.  A week ago was running a decent performance throughout normal EN as Hem/Exs and just figured I'd switch out some gear to put my mastery up over the 100% mark (at 108 now - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Lórienawk/simple).

We're progressing slowly through roic, so those fights are still a bit heavy footed (using far more than necessary energy on Feint, getting some muscle memory down, etc.), but a comparison on Normal Em Dragons from last week:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XdfbCjWYhNKPD4ra#fight=12

to this week:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZbQjhKpVGrw3qXCg#type=summary&fight=12

Not a substantial iLvl difference at all.  If you have the mastery to back it up, the AP/EP build it makes it worthwhile and since your EP uptime is far more than mine I'd assume you'd see a positive impact.

12 hours ago, Carrn said:

Thanks for the input, I'll try again with  >5cp finishers and see how it goes.

Wrt to AP, I'm not sure if my stats are there yet? I see some crazy high mastery before people are switching (I really like the idea of less buttons to push though). Currently sitting at 69% (3200ish) mastery but I might be able to shuffle gear around to get it a little higher.

After shuffling around some gear I can get to:

Crit 30%

Haste 12%

Mastery 111%

Vers 4%

But I think my crit is too low at that point? There are a couple gems I can reslot though.

Edited by sl1ck731

Honestly wouldn't worry about damage meters on Ilg. It's tough as an assassination rogue to get big numbers when hunters and demon hunters are farming damage on the slimes. That's just not what we do.

6 minutes ago, Raiza said:

Honestly wouldn't worry about damage meters on Ilg. It's tough as an assassination rogue to get big numbers when hunters and demon hunters are farming damage on the slimes. That's just not what we do.

Couldn't agree more!  I'm usually cast as a utility to interrupt Mind Flay while corrupters are going down which ends up taking a bit of time.  If you can burst appropriately when you're inside the eye, you're just as much up there as anyone else.  The overall fight meters are skewed greatly on this fight.