FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Raiza

Assassin DPS Advice

Hello folks,

Just ran some heroic bosses and am looking for feedback. I am iLvl 866 with the Ravenholdt legendary ring. I have 36% critical strike and 87% mastery, running the Agonizing Poison build with Elaborate Planning. 

Yes, my stats are awful. I keep getting haste and versatility gear (versatility gear leftover from when I was running Outlaw). You can revel in my gear here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-underbog/Percacet/simple

Despite the awful gear, I can usually top DPS charts. I did 330k DPS on Heroic Ursoc, which you can check here:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9GCBrZWc86MbTD4f/#type=damage-done

I know my gear is far from optimal, so looking for advice on rotation and maximizing DPS with what I have. Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, Raiza said:

Hello folks,

Just ran some heroic bosses and am looking for feedback. I am iLvl 866 with the Ravenholdt legendary ring. I have 36% critical strike and 87% mastery, running the Agonizing Poison build with Elaborate Planning. 

Yes, my stats are awful. I keep getting haste and versatility gear (versatility gear leftover from when I was running Outlaw). You can revel in my gear here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-underbog/Percacet/simple

Despite the awful gear, I can usually top DPS charts. I did 330k DPS on Heroic Ursoc, which you can check here:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9GCBrZWc86MbTD4f/#type=damage-done

I know my gear is far from optimal, so looking for advice on rotation and maximizing DPS with what I have. Thanks in advance!

The fight was logged without advanced logging turned on, so I can't see how you're using your Energy etc.

What I do see, however, looks good. Bleed uptimes are good and you have great uptime on Elaborate Planning

You seem to be doing fine, mechanics and other rng can cause your dps to not to be so great. Besides the fact most of the top parsing rogues have 2 legendaries and far better gear stat wise even at the same ilvl. But on your side you did get the best legendary you could have gotten. 

-I personally believe you should only use Agonizing Poison when you have around ~104-110% mastery. Otherwise stick to ensang, it's still just as good because of deadly poison and the buff to deadly poison, you probably would have parsed higher. It's also a shorter fight and you lust at 30%. You could also try and grab vendetta CD reduc artifacts for your weapon, and if you had leg boots you can drop it down to 45s cd to match up with kingsbane/esang. 

-For your gear you should drop appendages for something with agility and a better ability, like dominion the card deck, or momento from maw of souls, or hunger of the pack from halls, and or any of the 2 agility trinks from karazahn, and try to get a better agility trink with a better on use or equip than serpentrix. Just gotta do that mythic+ grind for crit mastery gear, and a lot of it drops from Maw of souls for us, halls of valor, and random select places for specific pieces, a decent amount from arcway. 

Thanks for the wonderful replies. I've since picked up a few pieces of crit/mastery gear. I'm over 100% mastery now unbuffed. I've tried the exsang build before, but found that I can put out more DPS with the AP build despite having pretty bad stats. I think the simplicity of the AP build lets me focus on uptimes for rupture, garrote, and elaborate planning.

I'll likely run Kara for the first time tomorrow so hopefully I can pick up one of those trinkets you're talking about! Thanks again.