FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dantron

Lei Shen help, Resto

Howdy everyone.

I was just in a Lei Shen fight and it did not go well for me. During transition phases I was sent to a corner with a Dk and elemental shaman. Unless we got lucky with having mostly bolts thrown at us I could not keep the three of us up, think back to back static shock or diffusion. We were taking lots of damage which I was unsure how to handle. I'm new to healing, but it seems to me that druids are not great at direct healing large chunks like was required on transition.

So my question is what should I do if several people need lots of health back fast?

Also, here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Dansdog/advanced

I was thinking I could just need better gear, though I hate to blame gear for failure. I don't have logs sorry.

Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks

Druids aren't reactive healers, they are proactive. You need your HoTs up, have mushrooms planted and ready, and have that Healing Touch ready for when the spike hits. Everyone needs to be topped off for every Shock. If you haven't done anything by the time the damage comes, it's already too late for you. You don't have "get out of jail free" cards.

Tranquilty helps in that phase as well.

Also, do you have a hunter or mage in that group? If you cast Symbiosis on one of them, you can solo soak the static shocks with Ice Block or Deterrence.

as well as mushrooms i keep lifebloom on myself so can focus on topping the rest of the platform section up, swiftmend, wildgrowth then use direct heals if needed but that usually will have every1 topped. rejuvs are a given if you watch your timers or are simply watching for the telltales of abilities.

Thanks for the replies and tips. Certainly some things I hadn't considered. I'm looking forward to trying them. I am running with both a mage and a hunter so I will try that, I put my symbio on a shaman for running tranq during the last phase, we didn't get there though so it was a moot point. Also I was wondering what you thought about Natures vigil and incarnation? Would that be excessive? It was my first night with this guild and they were still looking for the first kill, felt bad to hold them up.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies and tips. Certainly some things I hadn't considered. I'm looking forward to trying them. I am running with both a mage and a hunter so I will try that, I put my symbio on a shaman for running tranq during the last phase, we didn't get there though so it was a moot point. Also I was wondering what you thought about Natures vigil and incarnation? Would that be excessive? It was my first night with this guild and they were still looking for the first kill, felt bad to hold them up.

Thanks again.

Definitely don't be afraid to use cooldowns during the intermissions, because this is where most of your wipes will always happen. The main thing is to be topped up. Our Resto had trouble with getting one-shot; besides the immunities you can get through Symbiosis, the temporary extra stamina granted by Might of Ursoc and Bear Form is also useful. We even had one of our members run with a Stamina flask to survive to the end.

Edited by Tarazet

I know someone mentioned using Healing Touch -- I would absolutely stay away from using Healing Touch, especially since you're using the Regrowth glyph. The glyph makes Regrowth a more powerful, quicker direct heal than Healing Touch. My Regrowths are on-par with the amount of healing my HT does. If you're concerned about mana with a quicker direct heal, you can use your clearcasting procs on Regrowths.

Another thing to mention if you're having trouble staying alive during intermission -- I had trouble at first when I was paired with one other person. The others already mentioned HoTs, mushrooms, Swiftmend, and Lifebloom on yourself. Also make sure you're popping Barkskin often and don't be afraid to use Ironbark on yourself. I think you'll find that once you use your HoTs & Swiftmend on CD, use your mushrooms, use your defensives, etc., you'll be just fine.

You asked about Incarnation & Nature's Vigil. I run Incarnation most of the time as I treat it as a raid CD much like Tranq. You could definitely pop Incarnation during Intermission; Lifebloom on your group and use instant-cast Regrowth for those that get low. I don't use Nature's Vigil much as I prefer Heart of the Wild for the perma 6% int & the boost to dps if it's needed somewhere in the fight.

Good luck!

I know someone mentioned using Healing Touch -- I would absolutely stay away from using Healing Touch, especially since you're using the Regrowth glyph. The glyph makes Regrowth a more powerful, quicker direct heal than Healing Touch. My Regrowths are on-par with the amount of healing my HT does. If you're concerned about mana with a quicker direct heal, you can use your clearcasting procs on Regrowths.

Some of Regrowth's healing is folded into the guaranteed Living Seed, which doesn't activate until the next hit. If the priority is topping people up, I'll maintain that Healing Touch is better. I believe it is also better with higher Haste levels.

Edited by Tarazet

I've killed lei shen quite a few times and I've honestly never hard casted healing touch once..

Mushroom bloom during the transition phase is HUGE. As soon as someone in your corner gets static shock and people stack, plant down some shrooms and build up the charges with a few rejuvs. Once it hits, pop shroom bloom and swiftmend and then wild growth if needed. The damage from static shock is definitely the worst so if everyone isn't topped off before that lands, they will most likely die. Also, nature's swiftness + healing touch should be used a lot. 400k crit heals are win.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Drooden/simple <~~~~ my armory if you want to take a look.

Incarnation: Tree of Life the transitions...100%. Pop it like 5 seconds after the phase starts it and it will last the whole phase. It increases your armor value and being able to keep LifeBloom up on everyone in your quadrant + the instant Regrowth's should do the trick. Also don't be afraid to use barkskin and/or Ironbark on you or someone else for the static shocks. That should be more than enough to keep everyone up.