FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

Any other WoW players dipping their toes into the world of Final Fantasy? I've been an FF junkie since I knew what video games were, so I'm getting pretty stoked about this. Already paid for the digital collector's edition and plan on playing a Summoner. Going to finally touch the beta this weekend, so I'm getting pretty excited...not sure as to my live plans, but I'm hoping to build a guild-like equivalent somewhere...who else is gonna be checking it out?

Oh my.... New FF.. I lost my count after XII, but gotta say to this topic FFX is the best game EVAH!! (VII close behind. Pure awesome!) Oh my god, gotta play it through someday and kill penance again.. So many playing hours on it..

Now back to the topic. Would like to buy it, now I'm straight going to examine what does it include. MAAN I WANNA GET INSIDE FF's again! I haven't thought about FF's for so long... I feel like doing sin. We will see if I buy it ;)

Ohh btw, can you zagam cover some things you see in beta! I would be really interested! :)

Zagam, I played FFXI from NA launch until about a year ago. I also played the first version of FFXIV, so I'm a legacy player for ARR. That being said, I'll be joining in this whole mess as a dragoon.

I got a Conjurist to lvl 10. Not a big fan of ever playing a healer. Still waiting for my Arcanist/Summoner. Bring on the open beta!

I'm a huge FF nut and so is my girl, so we are picking the game up together to play when I'm not raiding in WoW.

i played FF11 till WoW release. and tried FF14 1.0 and now I am trying to participate in the FF14 RR since alpha.

All i can say is that its getting a lot like WoW. and a lot better than the version 1.0

Yeah it's pretty awesome. Got my girl in. I think she played an Archer for a bit...she was very happy with it. It'll be a nice 'off-game' for me to play. I can't imagine the end-game will be super deep, but it should be quite fun to play on and off.

Seems Yoshi-P is a WoW fan, or so I heard, maybe we'll get some end-game complexity after all.

I'm a bit sad with WoW right now, so I'm putting my hopes on this one.

im also in the beta and will be playing on live servers when not raiding if you post the server your on come live keep an eye out for me. Posted Image

Been playing since P4 beta. The launch week was really rough, with frequent maintenance and server load problems. Some people were hammering their keyboards for hours trying to get into a login queue.

Fortunately, they did server upgrades this week and the situation seems much more stable. The leveling process, relative to other MMO's, is fun, painless and open-ended. Your job skills are unlocked by quests, but almost everything else is optional, so you can level up doing nothing but open-world group encounters or dungeons. The story quest can only be done once per character, but in classic FF fashion, you level up each job separately, so if you want to explore that, you'll be using those alternative methods a lot, as well as getting intimately familiar with all of the crafting and gathering classes.

The gameplay itself is slower than other MMO's, with a relaxed 2.5s GCD and rotations that are easy to macro by using /wait to queue a series of abilities. You can even interject other abilities in the middle manually without disrupting the sequence. But don't take this to mean it is easy; I've been playing a Warrior and found tanking to be quite a satisfying challenge that rewards skillful play with amazing animations and a satisfying amount of damage output.

So far, now that the server issues are largely dealt with, I'm loving everything about this game.

I got my Warrior to 50, hated the end-game design and cancelled my sub about two weeks after the trial period ended. Crafting sustained my interest for a while but the PvE got old really fast.

It's actually a nice challenge to heal and stance dance. The only thing that infuriates me is crafting/gathering and that's what alcohol is for.