FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
reso

Pawn issue

Hi fellows hunters,

I have some trouble with my Pawn; when i got a new piece with more mastery than haste vs my current,pawn tell me the piece with haste is better.

I use Azort' Pawn strings for my current spec (BM) ,with mastery value>haste value...

Any idea to solve this?

Thx

Edited by reso

I mean. It's not wrong. Mastery is not the only stat that gives a DPS increase. More haste does not mean bad. Stats other than mastery have value as well you know. So 1000 haste is better than 750 mastery as an example. Just because more stats is good in this case.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2016 at 0:36 AM, reso said:

I use Azort' Pawn strings for my current spec (BM) ,with mastery value>haste value...

You should compute your own pawn string through simulationcraft. And update it each time you change a piece. Because equipment is different from a character to another, what Azort need to improve its DPS may not be what you need.

12 minutes ago, Boogyness said:

You should compute your own pawn string through simulationcraft. And update it each time you change a piece. Because equipment is different from a character to another, what Azort need to improve its DPS may not be what you need.

I would expect Azor to account for this, and post a generic, public-friendly pawn string. 

But yes, simcrafting your own setup is always better.

Edited by Iridar

Ok, it was my bad, I didnt see the socket value in my items. Sorry.

I dont know how simcraft work... Is it worth for me to use pawn (or  this pawn strings)?thx

PS: sorry for my poor english =p

15 minutes ago, reso said:

Ok, it was my bad, I didnt see the socket value in my items. Sorry.

I dont know how simcraft work... Is it worth for me to use pawn (or  this pawn strings)?thx

PS: sorry for my poor english =p

Check out my basic simcraft guide: http://iridar.net/basic-simulationcraft-guide/

It's probably not worth getting into, unless you want to 100% optimize your character instead of 95% optimized. Not a big deal, really.

Edited by Iridar

Hello Iridar,

I've decided to start using the Simcraft Pawn string instead of the default one suggested by Azor. However what Fight style should I be choosing ? For example; on single target fights i'm simming Haste as the least preferred stat while on multi target fights it's the second best. Your advice here would be greatly helpful.

37 minutes ago, Cupid said:

Hello Iridar,

I've decided to start using the Simcraft Pawn string instead of the default one suggested by Azor. However what Fight style should I be choosing ? For example; on single target fights i'm simming Haste as the least preferred stat while on multi target fights it's the second best. Your advice here would be greatly helpful.

Emerald Nightmare doesn't really have any fights with sustained AoE. Fights are either single target or spawn small adds that die very quickly, so there is no reason to optimize around AoE. 

Additionally, in the future, if there is a fight that requires sustained AoE, you can import both Pawn strings and swap out gear pieces based on situation.

Or you can just take the two strings, average them out, and use one general purpose string for all situations.

Edited by Iridar

Hi Iridar, could you by any chance share your Action Priority List for simcraft? I've been simming every time i get a new piece, only taking upgrades for pawn but my dps is not raising accordingly (gained 10 item levels). From when i started simming there have been 2 significant nerfs to the class, 20% barrage and 5% aimed shot. I know this could have something to do with having lower numbers. I want to ask, what do you think about MM single target now? He's in the last positions for boss damage on eg Xavius

Edited by Everth

40 minutes ago, Everth said:

Hi Iridar, could you by any chance share your Action Priority List for simcraft? I've been simming every time i get a new piece, only taking upgrades for pawn but my dps is not raising accordingly (gained 10 item levels). From when i started simming there have been 2 significant nerfs to the class, 20% barrage and 5% aimed shot. I know this could have something to do with having lower numbers. I want to ask, what do you think about MM single target now? He's in the last positions for boss damage on eg Xavius

Sure:

It's probably not the best APL one could come up with, but it reflects my in-game playstyle and gives me realistic results.

hunter="Sidewinders ST"
level=110
race=human
region=eu
server=
role=attack
professions=leatherworking=747/engineering=711
talents=1113111
spec=marksmanship
artifact=55:0:0:0:0:307:1:308:1:309:1:310:1:311:1:312:3:313:3:314:3:315:3:318:3:319:3:320:3:321:1:322:1:1337:1

head=,id=139214,bonus_id=1806/1507/3336
neck=,id=137311,enchant_id=5439,bonus_id=3416/1522/3336
shoulder=,id=139218,enchant_id=5443,bonus_id=1805/1487
back=,id=134405,bonus_id=3415/1512/3336
chest=,id=134462,bonus_id=3414/1532/3337
shirt=,id=11840
wrist=,id=137405,bonus_id=3414/1507/1813
hands=,id=138214,bonus_id=1806/1502
waist=,id=139212,bonus_id=1806/43/1502
legs=,id=142135,bonus_id=3453/1472
feet=,id=139219,bonus_id=1806/1502
finger1=,id=137055,enchant_id=5429,bonus_id=3459/3458,gem_id=130247
finger2=,id=142173,enchant_id=5425,bonus_id=3453/1472
trinket1=,id=134291,bonus_id=3397/1808/603/1512/3337,gem_id=130218
trinket2=,id=134203,bonus_id=3397/605/1497/3336
main_hand=,id=128826,bonus_id=727,relic_id=1805:1492:3336/3414:1522:3337/1806:1502,gem_id=139262/133687/139249/0

### ACTION PRIORITY LIST

# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.
actions.precombat+=/summon_pet
actions+=/volley
actions.precombat=flask,type=flask_of_the_seventh_demon
actions.precombat+=/food,type=Nightborne_Delicacy_Platter
actions.precombat+=/augmentation,type=defiled
actions.precombat+=/potion,name=deadly_grace
actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
actions.precombat+=/windburst

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=auto_shot
actions+=/auto_shot
actions+=/use_item,name=ring_of_collapsing_futures,if=buff.temptation.down
actions+=/a_murder_of_crows
actions+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns
actions+=/barrage
actions+=/windburst
actions+=/aimed_shot,if=debuff.hunters_mark.up&debuff.vulnerability.remains>cast_time
actions+=/marked_shot
actions+=/aimed_shot,if=debuff.vulnerability.remains>cast_time
actions+=/sidewinders,if=buff.marking_targets.up|cooldown.sidewinders.charges_fractional>=1.8

actions.cooldowns=potion,name=deadly_grace,if=(buff.trueshot.react&buff.bloodlust.react)|buff.bullseye.react>=23
actions.cooldowns+=/trueshot,if=(buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct>20+(cooldown.trueshot.remains+15))|buff.bullseye.react>25

summon_pet=cat

Pure single target MM seems more or less fine to me. It seems that in this expansion the strength of MM is not in pure single target damage, but in the ability to cleave an unlimited number of targets in a large cone without sacrificing any DPS on the primary target. 

Edited by Iridar
  • Like 1