FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
guzacon

Obliteration and Pillar or frost

Hi all,

I was wondering whether I should postpone PoF to stack it with Obliteration, or if I should use them independently after the initial pull.

At the moment on pull I HB x2, Obliterate x2, then hit Sindy macro (PoF + Orc racial + Sindy). I'm then a bit lost on when to pop Obliteration, I usually do that immediately because there is a very high chance that the first FS will give me back a rune for KM OB.

Should I simply select Icecap and pair every other PoF with Obliteration? Thanks.

Edited by guzacon

5 hours ago, guzacon said:

Hi all,

I was wondering whether I should postpone PoF to stack it with Obliteration, or if I should use them independently after the initial pull.

At the moment on pull I HB x2, Obliterate x2, then hit Sindy macro (PoF + Orc racial + Sindy). I'm then a bit lost on when to pop Obliteration, I usually do that immediately because there is a very high chance that the first FS will give me back a rune for KM OB.

Should I simply select Icecap and pair every other PoF with Obliteration? Thanks.

Um but generally speaking glacial advance out dpses obliteration just because of it's long cd and such. Though if you set on that set up i'd advice ice cap, but doesn't needed to be used i guess cause if you don't have it every second obliteration will line up with PoF

On 10/30/2016 at 1:27 PM, Drtain said:

Um but generally speaking glacial advance out dpses obliteration just because of it's long cd and such. Though if you set on that set up i'd advice ice cap, but doesn't needed to be used i guess cause if you don't have it every second obliteration will line up with PoF

New to frost here, ive tinkered with obliteration over GA and its definately fun lol but I think GA is better for a well rounded dungeon build i think.  And you're right the cooldown seems long, and im not an expert at lining up the cooldowns yet so yeah if its easier AND does more dps, im switching back.

Obliteration is better on 100% pure single target, no cleave. So think Ursoc. Glacial Advance is better when there is something else to hit. Obliteration is rather strong though. So on longer fights obliteration is better, shorter ones like in dungeons GA is better.

Now ice cap is better with legendaries and for making burst windows. However avalanche is more generally used in raid scenarios. So, the shortest answer is without legendary its good to line them up, but don't wait for it. As drtain said every second one will line up anyways.