Morachnus

Choosing a spec post first legendary.

5 posts in this topic

So right after I hit 100 and while I was still doing some quests as destro, the spec I leveled as, I got my first legendary. Sweet right? One right off the bat! But it's made me wonder, as demo has proven to be the top performing spec, if that's turned out to be a drawback. Mostly because this Magistrike Restraints is the one I got. It has a very spec specific benefit, and I'm wondering if it's worth sticking to destro because of it. I've played some demo, and I worry that if I get a second legendary in demo, it's going to spread out the power I could gain by having two for the same spec. Also I wonder if that 30% chance of the extra chaos bolt is going to increase my damage enough to be competitive with demo at my ilevel (855 right now). Or I could always get one in demo that benefits all specs. But I don't know. So I'm mostly just working with what I have now and under the impression that I will, at some point get, one more. 

So tell me what you think. Is that 30% chaos bolt worth sticking with the spec? Is the possibility of having two destro legendaries really going to push my damage output higher than demo would be with no legendaries for it? Or just one?

First, Demo hasn't proven to be the top spec. It is the best ST spec and has reasonable cleave/aoe, but that doesn't really make it the top spec. Destro is still VERY strong and is much more widely used in mythic, mythic+, and mythic raiding.

If you want to min/max in mythic raiding you need to play both destro and demo, but if you want to be average then you can play either one but playing demo really handicaps you in a lot of situations.

Those bracers are great for basically everything that destro is great at, but if you don't want to play destro then forcing yourself into a spec you hate isn't viable long term.

• Like 1

Morachnus,

To me it sounds like you need to decide what your main spec will be. Your main spec being the one you do the most fights with. For me it is Destro. We are barely into mythic but the only fight I have and probably will play with Demo is on Nythendra. Hence loot spec for me is Destro until I go hunting for Sindorei Spite.

Spikey, I've always been horrible at settling with one spec. I like the different flavors of warlock too much, haha. 

Locky, you make some good points. I guess I just need to focus less on sims and other people's numbers and focus on my own. Destro is a good spec, and I like the feel of the rotation. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

Morachnus,

Thanks for the reply. Well there's nothing to say you can only play one spec. Even go for all 3 if that is what you want. 

I have the Feretory of Souls belt and 29 points in Destro. In Demo I have 20 points, the belt doesn't proc and I am still at only 34% haste. So it is close but Demo is still better ST damage for me. However, if I have to move a lot then Destro eventually takes over. Up until now I have done better with Destro on Ursoc heroic. This is due to the fact that the guild makes use move a lot, much more than you will see on any top lock video and yeah I am a lot more experienced with Destro and hence can get more from that spec. I know this is a complete jumble but do you get what I am trying to say?  Play around and see what works and what doesn't for you. Yes sims show the max DPS but that doesn't mean it is achievable by the majority of people. 

Otherwise I echo everything that Locky has said. 

P.S Edited to add it also depends on what your guild needs. Mine seems ok on ST damage but adds dying can be a problem hence Destro wins again.

Edited by spikeysquad

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Caldyrvan
      A few days ago I posted a cheap priest deck. I have no idea how many actually have been interested in it but maybe we had some none registered visitors who knows. So here another deck. Again inspired by Chump but I had a similar deck before. Compared to Chumps' version I replaced 2x Twilight Summoner with 2x Spawn of N'Zoth (beause Epics are not budget :D) and I didn't want to craft Forbidden Ritual myself so I've put in 2 commons instread, Mortal Coil and Zealous Initiate.
      It's technically a Zoo but it plays differently which is a nice change to the "we know it all" stuff :)
      Total Arcane Dust Cost: 1500
      2x Flame Imp 1x Mortal Coil 2x Possessed Villager 2x Sanguine Reveler 2x Voidwalker 1x Zealous Initiate 2x Dire Wolf Alpha 2x Volatile Elemental 2x Darkshire Councilman 2x Devilsaur Egg 2x Spawn of N'Zoth 2x Unwilling Sacrifice 1x Void Terror 2x Ravenous Pterrordax 1x Cobalt Scalebane 2x Despicable Dreadlord 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAf0GBMQIxQmNrQLKywINMNkHwgi0rAL2rgKNrwLnwQKrwgK0xAKXywL3zQKmzgKJ4gIA
      Guide:
      This deck is basically a Zoo, you can find a well written guide here, but maybe somewhat slower and less reliable due to the fact that you need to combo with your deathrattle cards but the value you get out of them should make up for it. As with any Zoo deck you want to put early pressure on your opponent and establish board control with cheap minions and playing on curve.
      In your starting hand you want to see a couple of 1 mana minions and a 2 (and/or maybe a 3 mana cost) mana cost to put something on the board and plan for your next turns. Flame Imp is always a good choice as well as Sanguine Reveler and a 1, 2 or maybe a 3 mana deathrattle minion to combo with. Against more aggressive decks a Voidwalker could be a good choice as well, against slower decks you might consider to keep a Devilsaur Egg. To be able to play a Darkshire Councilman on turn 3 is great too.
      You have good tools to maintain board control (besides the minions you already have) like Volatile Elemental which has great synergy with your cannibal cards like Ravenous Pterrordax. Unwilling Sacrifice is a bit like Deadly Shot and needs accurate play to be not a waste but the potential value you can get out of it is great. And later in the game Despicable Dreadlord helps a lot to maintain board control.
      Have fun :)
      -> Budged Aggro Priest Deck
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By RaiTaebeck
      So, I'm currently maining Blood DK and that's the spec that I've gotten my 4 legends on. I do occasionally use UH and was wondering which of my legends would be most effective for it. Just a foreword, all of the gear that the legends replace is about equal; all 915-920 and don't cause any major stat changes so its not like using one legend over another causes me to use a bad piece. I have Soul of the Deathlord, which is the one I use most on UH, and I have  Shackles of Bryndaor, Archimonde's Hatred Reborn, and Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus. Does the Shackles passive work on UH, if so, could that be a better boost for Val'kyr[Dark Arbiter Talent] (b/c you can cycle more RP)? Other than that I'm just wondering which out weighs the other, STR or the secondaries?
      Edit: and just in case it makes a difference, my talent build is; http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/unholy/c75z
    • By Deydoridra
      Hi I'm looking for an active raid guild. I am not a hardcore raider but would like to continue with normal/ heroic progression. 
      I'm looking for raid time around 6pm PST / 9pm EST start. Will consider faction change for the right fit. 

9/9 Normal 9/9 Heroic - Multiple kills

Battletag Ravenblack69#1619
    • By Dobr
      Hello everyone! I got hooked by the Heathrstone and want to get better at it, but could anyone tell me how to craft more cards? Like I got tired of selling low cards and they dont give me a lot of credits. So far I have build the Secret Mage deck and love it. Could anyone suggest any other hero to begin with? Thank You!