FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sloedjinn

BM Neckpiece

Wanted your opinions.  BM Raider.  Currently 861 ilvl.  Been wearing a nice 835 mastery neckpiece with a gem slot forever.  JUST got a 875 neckpiece with a gem slot from Xavius with Haste and Crit.  Pawn values them the same, it bumps me up to 864 ilvl, but obviously knocks my mastery down a spell.  I may sim it, but not there yet.  Would you make the change to the lower weighted stats for the ilevel?  I may just be honeymooning the piece.  Was thinking the haste may be real nice with spamming my AoEs.  Anyway, thanks in advance.

Dear Sloedjinn;

You should ponder about how much Haste it gives to you and how much mastery you'll lose by switching between necks. There is no other way. so simcraft it (askmrrobot ftw). In my humble opinion, since Necks give you no Agility, you should prioritize Mastery any day of the week!

Make no mistake, item level can make your eyes glow, but stick to your guns when it comes to stat priority. It's even better for you (having lower ilvl, but BiS gear), 'cuz, think with me,  if your raid leader has the habit of analyzing Logs; he'll see your results compared with Higher Ilvl hunters that do have BiS stats (thus will pull bigger numbers than you, that is equipped with the same ilvl, but no BiS stats), and the result will make you look bad :(

Cheers

Thanks for the reply Yuden.  We started mythics last night and I threw it on just to see how it worked for me in game, and I liked extra haste and crit that proc'd dire beast quite a bit.  20 man group where I'm not that high as far as ilevel goes and I was in the top 5 in overall deeps on Nethendra (sp?)...The first Dragon.   I think i'll run it for a bit and see how it goes.