FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Koriandyr

Celestial Blessings

I finally collected all my Titan Runestones, and set off for the Yu'lon challenge at the Temple of the Jade Serpent. I'm an arcane mage with a 527 ilevel, I can pull easily 150k dps, but this challenge has me stumped. Toe to toe with Wrathion in the beginning, not a problem. BUT....as soon as the adds start to spawn, the writing is on the wall. Ring of Frost doesn't slow them down. They have too much health to one shot them. And once they touch me, it's over. Any suggestions for add management?? Any tips to beat this fight?

I finally collected all my Titan Runestones, and set off for the Yu'lon challenge at the Temple of the Jade Serpent. I'm an arcane mage with a 527 ilevel, I can pull easily 150k dps, but this challenge has me stumped. Toe to toe with Wrathion in the beginning, not a problem. BUT....as soon as the adds start to spawn, the writing is on the wall. Ring of Frost doesn't slow them down. They have too much health to one shot them. And once they touch me, it's over. Any suggestions for add management?? Any tips to beat this fight?

After wiping repeatedly on my Shaman I did the healing one which was very easy once I realised the secret to that one was to use my damage mitigation talent and stand next to it and just heal through the damage while the Fire Nova totem took care of the adds.

When it was time on the hunter I found http://www.wowhead.c...ents:id=1872526 which explains how you can completely take the adds out of the fight. This worked last night with feign death so it still a workable tactic

Enjoy!

Edited by grautod
  • Like 1

Well, I don't know.. I did it 1 week ago as a frost mage on my second try without the trick mentioned above. (which you should definitely try, before it gets hotfixed)

Anyway, as a Frost mage, kiting the adds, rooting them then bursting them down was so trivial and meant no difficulty at all. Pet Freeze, Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Frozen Orb, Frost Bomb/Nether Tempest Shatter combo are you friend.

It is important to have as many mobility spells as possible, like Blazing Speed. Engineering belt also helped me significantly.

The whole fight is about avoiding deadly abilities and deal damage on the move. You can always move out to the balcony to get air, heal yourself up.

Cauterize is an awesome "OH SHIT" ability followed up by an Ice Block.

You can spec into Frost as an arcane easily, just reforge into haste and you should be fine.. :)

• Like 1

Alternatively, you can try fire, by reforging into crit and it is extremely easy with a big combustion at the start.

I uploaded a video of me doing it here:

Remember that attacking him from behind increases the damage he takes by something like 300%. Hence the huge pyros.

• Like 1

Alternatively, you can try fire, by reforging into crit and it is extremely easy with a big combustion at the start.

I uploaded a video of me doing it here:

Remember that attacking him from behind increases the damage he takes by something like 300%. Hence the huge pyros.

Dat combustion! :D Good job. :)

537 at the time of doing this, as frost, dying repeatedly from those blasted sneaky adds.

I will note having the blessing of the celestials give 10% intel, which is handy.

Little did i realize that i was striking him from the front the whole time until i came here.

THANK YOU for mentioning the 300% or whatever buff from behind. after finding this out i just stood behind him every time he did the smash, lusted, potted and blew all of my cooldowns and nuked him in about 25 seconds.

doing your homework is good, kids!!

• Like 2