FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alierya

Inappropriate Comments?

Today I had an appointment for tests at the respiratory clinic (just routine, I'm steroids so they need to keep an eye on things) and the woman who was doing the tests was a complete nutter.

I am pretty interested in medical stuff. I do however think that telling me about all the things that could be wrong with my lungs, like them growing too big and suffocating you (that's really a thing), collapsing blood vessels and areas of them getting starved of oxygen due to blood clots (which I am at risk of) causing parts of them to harden and die MAY be very interesting, but I really didn't want to hear about them in great detail whilst getting a round of tests done. She clearly didn't have common sense enough to realise there is a time and a place Posted Image

On this note for a bit of a laugh I was wondering what the most inappropriate thing someone has said to you guys recently was... Something that has just made you think 'seriously?'!

Grandma called me bulimic because I finished packing on mass couple of months ago and I'm getting shredded for summer.

For a couple of seconds I was like what if she's right but then common sense prevailed... Posted Image

I can't think of anything specific at the moment, but stick with me on this one; your story reminded me of a mate I know from WoW but also know IRL now. He's a Doctor. He sounds a LOT like your doctor (though he can't possibly be) - tells me a lot of very "interesting" stories about diseases. Did you know there's a condition that swaps the sides of your organs? Well now, thanks to my friend, you do!

Anyway, if there was ever an inappropriate comment said to me, it was from him.

Edited by Stoove

I've had quite a few inappropriate commend from various people; family, friends and an ex-manager. Can't think of any I wish to share at the moment.

People genuinely amaze me from time to time with things they come out with. It's like they just throw caution to the wind or they lack common sense. Sometimes the comment made is funny after a while, more often than not it isn't. It always baffles me how people in certain professions manage to do their job at times. I witnessed a really bad scenario of this when I was a trainee nurse and I was just shocked the the thoughtlessness of the doctor.

• Like 2

I'm usually the one saying the inappropriate comments so...

At least give us some examples! I totally want to turn this into the gossip thread!

Yeah I agree, Neridae is a pleb!

Those are fighting words - I will think more on an inappropriate comment and return!!! I will even fulfil your wish to make this a gossipy thread :P

Aye you can't just throw arround insults because that's not always inappropriate!

For example a random jakey (fyi http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jakey) sat next to my friend on a bus and opened a conversation with 'so do you like the sex?'. That's about time to get off the bus at the next stop and run for the hill...

Gossip is good. It is why we have water coolers. Sooooooo did you hear what Peelyon said about Neridae???

• Like 1

Once, I was healing in a random heroic and I tried to explain the mage what he should be doing. I got told that I have no clue about mages.

• Like 1

Once, I was healing in a random heroic and I tried to explain the mage what he should be doing. I got told that I have no clue about mages.

Did Vlad write the mage guides? ;)

I don't remember any inappropriate comments made to me. The awesomeness of my replies has always blocked out anything prior to it...

I have never had this comment said to me personally, but one of the worst must be:

'So when are you due?'

when the woman is not pregnant. It is a kind of a ground swallow me up now, totally embarrassing I reckon. Sometimes people just need to engage their brain before speaking.

Mother in Laws are also good for inappropriate comments I find.

• Like 1

That happened to my friend at the bank! She was so upset. I think that if you don't know someone you should just keep stoom unless they mention it!

• Like 1

I have never had this comment said to me personally, but one of the worst must be:

'So when are you due?'

when the woman is not pregnant. It is a kind of a ground swallow me up now, totally embarrassing I reckon. Sometimes people just need to engage their brain before speaking.

Mother in Laws are also good for inappropriate comments I find.

Now, that raises the important question. How do you figure out whether a woman is pregnant when you are unsure?

Depends why you would want to know really! I'd go for asking leading questions Posted Image

Like "Twins?".

• Like 1