Stan

Hidden Artifact Appearances Update

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

7vfSyWl.jpg

In an effort to dispel rumors about the hidden Arms Artifact appearance, Ornyx talks about the region-wide daily chance for the quest and we finally get to know the source of the hidden Frost Death Knight appearance!

The Arcanite Bladebreaker Appearance

We wrote earlier that some Warrior players were able to claim the hidden appearance - The Arcanite BladebreakerThe Arcanite Bladebreaker. Blizzard has unveiled now that the Secrets of the Axes quest has been in-game since Legion launch and it wasn't "hotfixed in". The quest has a daily chance to be offered in the Warrior Order Hall. Once active, it applies to the whole region throughout that day.

Frost Death Knight Appearance

As this is the last appearance to be discovered, Blizzard hinted that it's tied to a specific World Boss that hasn't spawned yet

Blizzard LogoOrnyx

We’d like to take a moment to dispel some rumors and give some insight into certain “hidden” Artifact Appearances, as well as some general notes on how this system (and similar systems) has worked out so far in Legion.

For starters, we’ve seen some rumblings around the community that the appearance for Arms Warriors was “hotfixed in.” This is not the case. The quest for that particular appearance has a daily chance to be offered in the Warrior Order Hall, and when it's active, it will be active throughout an entire region for that day. Our initial setting for that chance ended up being too conservative (and was increased in Patch 7.1), but the chance has been there every day since the expansion launched. 

Many of you have also been asking about the hidden appearance for Frost Death Knights. We’ve been trying to avoid giving out too much in the way of spoilers for these, but as it’s now the last one to be discovered, we figured we might as well give you guys a hint. This appearance is tied to a particular world boss, which hasn’t spawned yet. Once that boss is available, we expect the appearance to be found pretty quickly.

We’ve learned a lot of important lessons about hidden content and these sorts of varied and discoverable unlocks over the course of Legion development. Some of our efforts were clearly far more successful than others. We’re going to take these lessons to heart and apply them going forward. Additionally, we’re working on a few tweaks to how the hidden artifact appearances are acquired, which will be released in a future patch, with the goal of reducing the frustration that can come from trying to chase down some of the more elusive ones.

(Source)

If the frost appearance comes from a world boss not yet spawned why was it not discovered in beta? I had a 110 dk for several months on the beta and did the world bosses with not a hint of a hidden artifact. I  find this very odd. I have heard rumors swirling around  ana mouz but no specifics. I am also disappointed that artifact appearances are tied to random spawns and quests. They should have implemented a fail safe. For example if you reach a certain knowledge level with no appearance found then a perhaps you can get a quest to spawn a bonus world boss or a chance to activate the quest. I provided a lot of feedback on issues like this in the beta. I dont want to sound too critical, i have had a great time hunting down these appearance and learning the lore both new and old.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, breck said:

If the frost appearance comes from a world boss not yet spawned why was it not discovered in beta? I had a 110 dk for several months on the beta and did the world bosses with not a hint of a hidden artifact. I  find this very odd. I have heard rumors swirling around  ana mouz but no specifics. I am also disappointed that artifact appearances are tied to random spawns and quests. They should have implemented a fail safe. For example if you reach a certain knowledge level with no appearance found then a perhaps you can get a quest to spawn a bonus world boss or a chance to activate the quest. I provided a lot of feedback on issues like this in the beta. I dont want to sound too critical, i have had a great time hunting down these appearance and learning the lore both new and old.

To be entirely honest I think that's a bad idea.

The artifact weapon system is good to allow for a steady progression throughout Legion albeit it comes with alot of frustration in terms of 'I need to switch but threw all of my AP into a single spec' but that's genuinely just going to affect the so called "1%" of the playerbase on any meaningful way. Everyone else will still have a kickass artifact weapon that can do what they want it to do.

The hidden artifact appearances that you can find I think they are good to be elusive. Sure its cheap that some of 'em are tied to random spawns but there's a question one needs to ask oneself at that point: do I need this or do I want this?

I think everyone can agree that one doesn't 'need' it per say but alot of people want it. So I say that it is a natural progression to find and attempt to get these elusive appearances through Legion.

As someone who loves transmogification I know the pain of struggling to get that 'one' item I need to finish off my set but... a failsafe for gear? No. That would make it less fun because it would make it more accessable. Its not fun per say to run after the item alone but if one decides "I want this item no matter what" then I believe one should be prepared to put in some effort for it. That or be lucky. So I think it would be a bad idea to implement failsafes just because one didn't get something one didn't want; I don't like when gear is removed from the game willy-nilly and I would agree if that was the case with these hidden apperances but... its not. So...

Play the game and enjoy it and find enjoyment when you get it is what I would say. Otherwise find other things to do in game and see it as a good bonus once/when the appearance drops for yer'.

2 hours ago, ArgentumEmperio said:

I think everyone can agree that one doesn't 'need' it per say but alot of people want it. So I say that it is a natural progression to find and attempt to get these elusive appearances through Legion.

I couldn't agree with your point more.  These hidden item appearances aren't actually effecting the way that the weapon works, so everyone has the same badass weapon.  The hidden appearances shouldn't be handed out to players.  I've been playing WoW for 8 years and still don't have the Headless Horseman's mount, but I don't think it should be handed to me because I've killed him 100+ times. 

I'll probably never get the weapon appearance that requires you to do pvp.  At least not on my main character, but I'm ok with that.  The people that earn it will have something that I don't and it makes it more special.  My warswords will still be just as effective though.

I really agree with your comparison to getting that final piece of transmog gear, because that's exactly what this feels like to me.  I feel the same need as I do when I run a dungeon every single day just to get a drop.

7 minutes ago, ghostdeini said:

I'll probably never get the weapon appearance that requires you to do pvp.  At least not on my main character, but I'm ok with that. 

Agreed.  I absolutely love the gold Truthguard Hidden appearance for PVP.  I rather detest pvp.  I'll probably never get it, even though I have the hidden appearance, I don't want to do 1000 kills for pvp.  Even though I know, unless they fixed the "bug", other players dying on Nythendra counted towards your total if you had hit them with debuff damage, but that would require me to leave Ret (primary) and tank, even LFR, or hope my guild lets me run as a tank on a normal clear sometime.  Also something I'd rather not do.

I'm not grinding gears with blizz because I won't have it, due purely to my own choice, given that there are multiple ways for me to get this appearance.  If I hated gold and loved the "green" (i think) that it comes to first, I'd be fine maybe pursuing it. 

42 minutes ago, PatrickHenry said:

Agreed.  I absolutely love the gold Truthguard Hidden appearance for PVP.  I rather detest pvp.  I'll probably never get it, even though I have the hidden appearance, I don't want to do 1000 kills for pvp.  Even though I know, unless they fixed the "bug", other players dying on Nythendra counted towards your total if you had hit them with debuff damage, but that would require me to leave Ret (primary) and tank, even LFR, or hope my guild lets me run as a tank on a normal clear sometime.  Also something I'd rather not do.

I'm not grinding gears with blizz because I won't have it, due purely to my own choice, given that there are multiple ways for me to get this appearance.  If I hated gold and loved the "green" (i think) that it comes to first, I'd be fine maybe pursuing it. 

The hidden PvP appearance doesn't actually require pvp.  I've somehow unlocked it on my monk and haven't set foot in a battleground or arena, nor done any of the pvp world quests.  I use the following macro to track how far along I am with each of the 3 hidden alternate skins:

/run local q,x,_,a,b = GetAchievementCriteriaInfo,0 for i=1,11 do _,_,_,a,b = q(11152,i) x=x+a end local _,_,_,c,d = q(11153,1) local _,_,_,e,f = q(11154,1) print("Dungeons: "..x.."/"..b) print("WQs: "..c.."/"..d) print("Kills: "..e.."/"..f)

This shows how many WQs, Dungeons, and pvp kills you've gotten out of how many are required.  Even though the pvp one doesn't necessarily require pvp.....

24 minutes ago, Orthios said:

This shows how many WQs, Dungeons, and pvp kills you've gotten out of how many are required.  Even though the pvp one doesn't necessarily require pvp.....

Super helpful - i will check it out.

ETA: I wouldn't mind ACCIDENTALLY acquiring my favorite Truthguard skin, either ;)

Edited by PatrickHenry

2 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

Super helpful - i will check it out.

ETA: I wouldn't mind ACCIDENTALLY acquiring my favorite Truthguard skin, either ;)

Haha, I mean its a natural progression system built into the game that will make it so you get it.

But you ain't gonna get the Prestige level 13 level of your appearance faster than folks who do run alot of PvP when they can and I think that's the important thing to take from it.

Its good that its ... 'an accessable availability' to them for everyone, but that they are more leniant for the folks who actually do 'hunt' for these things one way or another but that they still require you to 'ACTUALLY' hunt for them. And if its a case of a natural progression that takes you to it... Added benefit.

(This may sound like I am going against my point, I am just trying to say that my point still remains true but that its good that its possible for folks to attain these appearances in several different ways.)

9 hours ago, darkdreamer said:

The hidden appearance from getting the other ones and using it is pretty awesome! 

WoWScrnShot_111116_053420.jpg

Looks like there's an issue with the screenshot you uploaded. Maybe try again?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

The release date of Patch 7.3.5 draws close and our content hub contains all necessary information to guide you through it.
      The latest information about Legion's final content patch.
      Patch 7.3.5 is Legion's last content patch. The most prominent features are world scaling, Ulduar Timewalking and the Seething Shore battleground.
      Update: (January 17)
      Hotfixes for January 17 are out!
      Patch 7.3.5 is now live in all regions and the first bugs started to emerge. World scaling crippled soloing old content and Blizzard is currently working to fix the issue. We also reported about Orb of Deception transforming Pandaren into Allied Races characters. At this time we don't know if that's intended, but expect a round of hotfixes soon! We also compiled a list of undocumented changes in 7.3.5 that can be found below.
      Black Qiraji Battle Tank Model Update
      Scarab Lords rejoice! The Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal mount received a new model.

Legion Epilogue Cinematics
      Two new cinematics are available to all players that start the new quest line in Silithus.

Undocumented Changes
      A list of undocumented changes that were omitted from the official 7.3.5 patch notes.

Uuna Secret Scenario Hunt
      WoW Secrets Community Finding Discord is currently solving a mystery involving Uuna. Her drop rate has been significantly increased and Blizzard added a scenario for her in Patch 7.3.5.

Update: (January 15)
      Patch 7.3.5 goes live this week. Here are the official patch notes.
      Patch 7.3.5 Release Date Speculation
      Ruby Qiraji Resonating Crystal and Sapphire Qiraji Resonating Crystal are new Qiraji mounts that have been added to the game in Patch 7.3.5. They will be available only during Call of the Scarab micro-holiday. Call of the Scarab is scheduled for January 21, 2018, so Patch 7.3.5 should go live before the event.
      Possible Release Dates
      Extended maintenance is scheduled for this week. We'll update this hub with additional information as they become available (official patch notes, background download, etc.)
      January 2 January 9 January 16 New Qiraji Mounts (Call of the Scarab Micro-Holiday)

Allied Races
      Patch 7.3.5 contains files for Allied Races, giving Blizzard the opportunity to enable them at any time after the patch goes live. During PTR testing, we looked at unlock requirements, special Heritage Armor, racials, tabards, and unlock scenarios. Four Allied Races will be available before Battle for Azeroth launches. Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari Trolls are gated behind the new expansion's campaign. We still have no information about their class options, but in a Q/A, Blizzard mentioned they are exploring the option to allow Dark Iron Dwarves to be Death Knights and Zandalari Trolls will be able to roll Druids.
      Unlock Requirements
      You must purchase Battle for Azeroth and have an existing character of at least level 110 on the destination realm of your Allied Race character. Allied Races are also gated behind reputation and various achievements. All requirements are account-wide.

Heritage Armor
      Level up an Allied Race character from 20 to 110 and unlock special account-wide armor that's not restricted by type.

Highmountain Tauren Druid Forms
      Highmountain Tauren have unique Druid forms. In our preview, we looked at their travel, cat, bear and flight forms!

Mounts
      Four new racial mounts have been added for Allied Races. Check them out!

Racials
      Explore new Racial abilities and passives available to Allied Races!

Tabards
      We datamined four tabards for Allied Races and a new tabard from Pet Battles (Master Trainer's Tabard).

Alleria & Turalyon Reunion
      After a bittersweet victory on Argus, Alleria & Turalyon return back to Azeroth.

Dalaran Mailroom Quest Guide for Patch 7.3.5
      A new quest line is available in Patch 7.3.5. Pet collectors will be interested in the Mailemental pet and a portable mailbox (Katy's Stampwhistle) always comes in handy!

Flying Changes in Patch 7.3.5
      You can now fly in Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Pandaria, Northrend and Deepholm just by purchasing Expert Riding.

Legendary Items in Patch 7.3.5
      While there are no new Legendaries in Patch 7.3.5, you can now purchase an item for 175 Wakening Essences that allows spec-based Legendary item targeting.

The devs also posted additional clarifications for the Purified Titan Essence token.

New Companion Pets
      A new Pet Battle meta-achievement and two new companions can be earned in 7.3.5.

New Hunter Pet Tames
      Hunters can tame new pets in Patch 7.3.5. Find out more by visiting the link below!

New Zones
      Blizzard added new Allied Races Scenarios, faction embassies and there's even a scenario for Uuna! Please note that these Scenarios haven't been tested on PTR.
      Allied Races & Uuna Scenarios
      A preview of Fate's Veil, Forge of Aeons and other zones added in Patch 7.3.5.

Faction Embassies
      Faction embassies have been added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind. They serve for recruiting Allied Races; almost all faction leaders can be found there. Additionally, Baine Bloodhoof, Saurfang, Trade Prince Gallywix and Nathanos all received new models.

Faction Embassies Preview #2
      Our second preview focuses on changes to embassies throughout 7.3.5 testing.

Nightborne Hub (Uninstanced Nighthold)
      The uninstanced version of the Nighthold has been updated with new NPCs and portals. Pandaren are teaching the Nightborne the way of the Monk and more!

Legion Epilogue
      Both factions have established base camps in Silithus. Will the price of victory be the very lifeblood of Azeroth?

Ogmot the Mad Foreshadowing Riddles
      Ogmot the Mad is a new rare mob that can be found in Silithus. He drops Journal of Ogmot the Mad, where we learn how eager he is to become the vessel of the Old Gods. The journal has ten pages and covers interesting events.

Seething Shore Battleground
      The new battleground is located off the coast of Silithus. It's a resource battle and both factions need to collect Azerite nodes to claim victory.

Trial of Style Season 2 Rewards
      A couple of new items and rewards have been added to the Trial of Style micro-holiday. New sets cost Trial of Style Tokens.

Ulduar Timewalking
      Ulduar is the second Timewalking raid, available during Wrath Timewalking. Defeating Algalon now rewards both titles (Observed) and completing the Ulduar raid achievements both mounts (Glory of the Ulduar Raider). There are probably no plans to introduce a transmoggable Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings and the raid now has a single difficulty.

Vicious War Fox Mount
      The PvP mount datamined back in Patch 7.3 is finally available for 1 Vicious Saddle.

Zone Scaling
      A highly anticipated feature of 7.3.5 is the introduction of zone scaling. Zones have level caps, difficulty and quest rewards scale with your level. At level 58, you can choose between Outland or Northrend, at level 80 it becomes a choice between Cataclysm zones & Pandaria. Find out more about zone scaling below!

Zone Chapters
      In addition to zone scaling, all zones now have chapters and completing a fixed number of quests is no longer required for Loremaster achievements.

• By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a growing raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of four within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.

We care more about the people we play with than their item levels or progression rankings. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      We are 1/11 Mythic, Heroic AOTC Antorus progression.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid.
      We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for raiding the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      We have no immediate needs, but we will always consider exceptional applicants who match our progression goals and ability.

The Nitty Gritty
      If you're intrigued, please check out our wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit. This will give you a deeper dive into the raid team.
      https://www.reddit.com/r/FTH/wiki/tequilasundown

Contact Us
      You can reach us on bnet: joat#1832 & lambkill#1856
      or Discord: joat#6049 & saever#4432
    • By Starym

The inaugural hotfixes of patch 7.3.5 are here and there's a lot to cover: Assassination Rogues get some bugs dealt with by changing the Poison Knives trait temporarily, Shamans and Warlocks get some bug fixes, a lot of quest items have had their level requirements lowered after the level scaling, certain World Bosses now drop loot for players that were unable to loot them and more:
      January 17 (source)
      Classes
      Rogue Assassination The Poison Knives trait has been temporarily disabled, and Poison Knives currently adds 3% damage to Deadly Poison per rank. This change will be reverted once a bug with the trait is corrected. Shaman Restoration Healing Tide Totem is now properly affected by Mastery: Deep Healing and Cumulative Upkeep. Healing Stream Totem is now properly affected by Mastery: Deep Healing. Warlock Affliction Grim Inquisitor's Regalia 2P Bonus now properly increases the duration of Unstable Affliction by 2 seconds. Dungeons and Raids
      Gnomeregan Electrocutioner 6000 again drops Electrocutioner Leg for Hunters. Trial of the Champion All bosses again properly drop Champion's Seals. Items
      Many quest items that had incorrectly high level requirements have been adjusted. World Quests
      Fixed issues preventing Naz'ak and Ana-Mouz from dropping loot for players who have previously killed them. Quests
      Significantly increased the Spinal Dust drop rate on the Ghostlands quest “Spinal Dust”. Arluin has returned to Suramar and is again willing to speak with outsiders. He was just having a bad day. 7.3.5 patch notes.
    • By Stan

Community Manager Ythisens confirmed that world scaling impacts older raid content. The ongoing bug most notably affects Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor raids. As a result, the health of bosses within said raids will be significantly reduced in a future hotfix that Blizzard plans to implement before the weekend.
      Blizzard (Source)
      As many players have noticed, changes to how creature health is determined in Patch 7.3.5 had a meaningful impact on some older raid content. This has been particularly noticeable in Warlords of Draenor and Mists of Pandaria raids. We’ve been discussing this topic constantly since the first threads popped up after the patch.

We want to be clear: our intention was never to greatly increase the difficulty of soloing old raid content for transmog or mount runs, but a side effect of the creature health tuning we did for leveling players. We’re currently working on a fix that will significantly reduce the health of Warlords and Mists raid bosses.

Thank you for all of your feedback and discussion on this issue. We’re sorry for the frustration, and we’re working to have you all back in there beating down those old raid bosses as soon as possible (hopefully before the weekend).
    • By Starym

It seems each patch brings with it a new secret for players to explore, and 7.3.5 is no different. This week's patch brought with it a series of discoverable tidbits based around NPC/pet Uuna, including a whole scenario that was datamined. Since all of this is predicated on the fact that you need to have said non-combat pet, Senior Game Designer and secrets guru at Blizzard, Jeremy Feasel, today announced increased drop rates:
      She drops from rare elite The Many-Faced Devourer, who is similar to the Shackled Ur'zul mount that itself caused some controversy when announced, since it is "Formed from the tormented bodies and souls of fallen members of the Army of the Light, the Ur'zul is both fascinating and horrifying." After saving Uuna's ghost from a disturbing fate, we can now interact with her in several ways, as the Secrets Discord has found out, from emoting at her to being in specific places in order to trigger some of the datamined dialogue. The theme of the event chain is convincing Uuna to not move on to the afterlife by showing her around Azeroth and eventually unlocking the scenario where we presumably get to save and possibly revive her.
      Here are some images of the scenario itself, called "The Dark Place", that we already covered when looking at some of the new zones coming in 7.3.5:

Good luck to everyone trying to solve this one, and now that the drop rate has increased let's hope more join in the quest!