FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Daxter

Shadow Infusion vs Infected Claws

Hello there,

so I have always used Shadow Infusion, but right now with my current gear I am running at 38% crit (43% with 10 stacks from EoC) I was wondering if it would be worth switching over to Infected Claws since I am criting alot and bursting more Festering Wounds. 

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Daxtër/simple

I would really like to hear you guys opinion, can Infected Claws ever be a better choice if the player does not have the legendary bracers?

Simple answer no, long answer again no. with bracers yes.

Edited by Drtain

*side note, this is assuming you take sludge belcher, which you should:

Just of offer a bit more insight into the reason why, our little zombie bro lovingly referred to as "timmy" is rather useless in his default state. He's adorable, he's been with us for years, but he's rather weak. Once we use dark transformation however, timmy suddenly becomes exceedingly useful and quite powerful. He is actually a very decent dps gain when transformed, many logs have him as one of the top 3 damage sources. So it behooves one to keep him in super timmy mode as long as possible, hence the domination of shadow infusion. Now once you have the bracers, you need more help with generating wounds since you will be popping them at accelerated rates. In this case having timmy apply some for your is better than him doing more damage for you.

So in 99% of the scenarios Dark Transformation makes Timmy far too valuable of a dps component but with instructors 4th you need the extra wound generation. 

so basically exactly what Drtain said, just more long winded with humorous rhetoric. 

I see, was just wondering because the top UH DKs on logs for Mythic Nythendra that do NOT have the bracers still take Infected Claws. Thanks for the answers. :D

Claws can be very handy if your not as worried about taking a dip in dps. 

Your ghoul can refresh a stack to prevent it falling off, this can be good in movement heavy fights.  However lets say you get 3-5 more wounds per min from this, compare that to getting super Timmy alot more and its pretty clear to just roll with super Timmy. 

It's honestly way more complicated then that.
Most sims will put Infected Claws ahead of Shadow Infusion wether you have the legendary bracers or not (or even using bursting spores or not but that depends on your stats I guess).

The talent is pretty straight forward as it gives you free wounds (about 4 per minute). Aside for boosting your festering wound damage (which is boosted by bursting spores) it also changes the balance in your usage between scourge strike and festering strike and give you a tiny more runic power (just worth about one death coil every 2 minutes though).

In effect, to get the most of it you will have to cast about 3 more spells per minute (which gets harder once you get your 3rd dragon) mostly scourge strike as you can guess. In effect, if you can't get those spells off without screwing your different caps the claws is not an increase in DPS, if you do it is.

So, basically, Shadow Infusion is way more easier to use and does not not tighten your rotation which is the reason it is recommended.

Personally, I would still use Infected Claws whenever I spec for bursting spores (because if you spec for it it is not a single target fight) especially for dungeons as it gives you a great AoE burst potential but it's certainly not something I would recommend for single target fights unless you have the bracers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sogar said:

Most sims will put Infected Claws ahead of Shadow Infusion wether you have the legendary bracers or not (or even using bursting spores or not but that depends on your stats I guess).

The talent is pretty straight forward as it gives you free wounds (about 4 per minute). Aside for boosting your festering wound damage (which is boosted by bursting spores) it also changes the balance in your usage between scourge strike and festering strike and give you a tiny more runic power (just worth about one death coil every 2 minutes though).

In effect, to get the most of it you will have to cast about 3 more spells per minute (which gets harder once you get your 3rd dragon) mostly scourge strike as you can guess. In effect, if you can't get those spells off without screwing your different caps the claws is not an increase in DPS, if you do it is.

So, basically, Shadow Infusion is way more easier to use and does not not tighten your rotation which is the reason it is recommended.

Personally, I would still use Infected Claws whenever I spec for bursting spores (because if you spec for it it is not a single target fight) especially for dungeons as it gives you a great AoE burst potential but it's certainly not something I would recommend for single target fights unless you have the bracers.

very detailed response :D

the mythic + forum guide heavily recommends infected claws for the dungeon encounters for the burst potential but also for the aoe wound application.

the rotational viability is an interesting point you bring up because that is somewhat overlooked sometimes. things can sim as the best but realistically people will have a hard time doing it. many times in 7.0 necrosis simmed highest of all the talents, however, in realism the rotation became so convoluted and unforgiving no human could realistically do it. so with certain things having really high skill ceiling caps more accessible things can realistically be better

like me playing arms XD I can't make focused rage build work to save me life XD

On 11/3/2016 at 3:13 AM, sogar said:

Thanks Sogar! That was the type of answer I was looking for! Very well explained.