FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Keiida

DK Frost - Jeweled Signet of Melandrus

Hi there,

I'm facing a dilemma with this ring which i have at ilvl840 and new rings i have with a higher ilvl (860)
In a Frost DK perspective, are the 10% auto-attack increased damages better than any upgrade to other stats (mastery/CC/ ...) ?

Here is my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ysondre/haege/advanced

I'm playing more MM+ dungeons than Raid

And, 2nd question : While playing with Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr, should i focus on Mastery more than Versality ?

Thanks

Edited by Keiida

Linking the rings will help us help you out a bit more. So, if you can link the other choices we can help you more. 

Running more mythic + dungeons than anything, certainly makes perspectives interesting. The short of it is the head legendary isn't a dramatic overall dps gain even though it may appear to be so. The shortest answer is no don't change your stat priority as you sit. There are a couple build choices for mythic + however, none of them are particularly spammy with howling blast. You still prioritize rime procs and such.

So while the legendary is fun to get, its power isn't substantial enough to heavily augment your rotation or stat priorities.

Hi, 

Thanks for this 1st reply

here are examples of rings i have :

twice warped azsharan signet (865) = CC / Haste
grasping tentacle loop (855) = Haste / Mastery
band of twisted bark (850) = CC / Mastery

I've looted a new chest, so i'll have to rebalance my stats, but generally speaking, do you think the 10% increased auto-attacks is "always" better than another stat upgrade or not ?

Edited by Keiida

1 hour ago, Keiida said:

Hi, 

Thanks for this 1st reply

here are examples of rings i have :

twice warped azsharan signet (865) = CC / Haste
grasping tentacle loop (855) = Haste / Mastery
band of twisted bark (850) = CC / Mastery

I've looted a new chest, so i'll have to rebalance my stats, but generally speaking, do you think the 10% increased auto-attacks is "always" better than another stat upgrade or not ?

not necessarily always no, just because of icy talons, with all 3 stacks you are sitting at 30% increased attack speed which is pretty good. So while more attack speed certainly has good synergy with frozen pulse its not necessarily the end all be all. So give me a bit to look at your stuff and i'll get back to you :D 

However, early first glance at your stats are pretty good, so we have to venture into the realm of tertiary stat analysis. You don't really need that much more crit, you are fine on haste, you could use a touch more versa but that's not in play with your rings, So it comes down to more mastery versus attack speed, which as we sit my gut is saying you would get more mileage out of the attack speed, in this case but i need to do a bit more digging. 

*edit* I dug more and its ugly this probably will come down to an individual sim. However, more mastery would actually be good for you. Bit we are talking small small differences here between the two. Your stats are so close to being ideal thats its really hard to say, I'd put on the two 10% attack speed rings and smack a target dummy around then I would equip your grasping tentacle loop and band of twisted bark. See which setup does you better. Its going to be a close difference but it will come down to your playstyle. Using glacial advance though I think the mastery will end up giving you a tad bit more room, plus the ring combo will cap out your crit. So, i think the two rings listed previously are your best bet, but i'd play around a bit to be 100% certain. 

tldr  grasping tentacle loop  and band of twisted bark will give you the best raw stat setup. You'd have to play with your attack speed rings to see if there is a noticeable difference. However, with attack speed really only benefiting frozen pulse, i think the tentacle and bark will do you best, but do play with it

Hi,

I'm now using the "Twice-warped Azsharan Signet" with my "Ring of Frozen Magic". I don't have the 10% anymore but my dps has increased because of the others stats. I'm now 300+ Kdps while i was 290 before

Thanks again

23 minutes ago, Keiida said:

Hi,

I'm now using the "Twice-warped Azsharan Signet" with my "Ring of Frozen Magic". I don't have the 10% anymore but my dps has increased because of the others stats. I'm now 300+ Kdps while i was 290 before

Thanks again

thumb-up-terminator+pablo+M+R.jpg