FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shinigami

Unholy Dk Buff

Probably not a big buff per say but a series of smaller ones which will add up is my thought. Like addressing our scaling at higher levels or just buffing one or two key abilities or talents. 

Even a few small changes could be powerful if done right. Then again this is Blizz, so they will give with one hand and take with the other two :)

frankly you don't want to be in the top top dps because that is where the nerf bat slams hard, unholy does need a little love to be competitive with frost in raid content but you don't necessarily want it to be super high. the community had to work hard to call for the frost buffs so i'm not sure we'll see unholy ones immediately, however, every expac seems to ping pong between one of the two being dominant.

Won't see any for a while, considering we've just had the DC buff
One can hope but I'd surprised it anything was to change before next quarter.

Knowing what I know from past experiences with this, unholy will receive a buff, likely to something like fallen crusader i wanna guess, if not that Virulent plague, seeing how unholy has gone away from the bringer of plague into a let me see how many wounds i can blow up in one SS. All this being said i don't estimate these buffs to come until sometime in trial of valor, probably 2 weeks after it's release.

6 minutes ago, Drtain said:

Knowing what I know from past experiences with this, unholy will receive a buff, likely to something like fallen crusader i wanna guess, if not that Virulent plague, seeing how unholy has gone away from the bringer of plague into a let me see how many wounds i can blow up in one SS. All this being said i don't estimate these buffs to come until sometime in trial of valor, probably 2 weeks after it's release.

it seems what the unholy player base wants actually is a huge buff to death coil not just 2%. if death coil did any sort of considerable damage its felt that would be enough to help unholy, there is a sort of inherent rngness to unholy and a consistant damage source from death coil would even out things. 

If they're wanting to focus on buffing us with the easy way out in DC, then I'd even digress to having DC off GCD.

Edited by Skorn

I don't know what they are really on about personally speaking the reason they needed to buff deathcoil in my opinion was it was a dps loss to cast it during potions of the old war, and only doing 7% of our dmg on average, now it's been doing between 10-12% of my damage which is more than enough it's very close to my festering strike and scourge strike. Though all things considered i'd like to see a buff to our dot it use to do between 20-30% of our dmg not only doing sub 10% at best.