FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Luthixx

What alt should I roll?

Hey guys,

I currently main a BM hunter and have been a predominantly ranged player since start of cata, but have always had at least one max level melee toon to play around with.

Of all the classes, what would you say would be the most fun to have as an alt / to level with / to just have a bit of fun with.  If you want to help me out could you please just tell me what pros/cons you've experienced playing that toon in legion!

Thank you!

Every class has a pro and con. 

Demon Hunter starts at basically 100 that is a huge pro 

Death Knight starts at 58 so if you don't want to level from 1 - 110 those are a place to start.

This expansion I am liking the Protection Warrior.

I did A long Strange Trip with my Death Knight.

My Arcane Mage was my main last expansion. 

I just pick a class and play and figure out what I do and don't like and go from there.  It really comes down to a personal preference or what your raid group needs.

In Vanilla my first 60 was a Rogue, I couldn't raid so I rolled a Priest.  I play the priest for a long time.

This is the eternal question of so many people. Unfortunately, fun is completely subjective. Something I love, you might hate. 

Personally, I now have 7 110s and I find the Agility users the most fun - Rogue, Monk, Demon Hunter, Guardian Druid and Feral. That might just be my playstyle, but they are what I find fun.

Feral I would stay away from unless you feel like investing serious time into learning how to play it.

DH is fairly simple, easy to level, good fun. Playing with Momentum can get used to, though.

Rogue is just awesome. Same for Monk. Fluid, nice movement, good performance.

• Like 1

Just to back up Blainie and to show how much this choice is nothing more than a personal preference, I utterly hate leather dps: I wanted to throw my PC out of window after a couple of hours on feral druid. I made a demon hunter and found it boring, I leveled a rogue but had zero interest to play it after leveling. Though I love all the healing classes, leveling and playing all of them every expansion.

What I'm trying to say, there are so many "tell me what to choose to have fun/perform great" threads recently but unfortunately no one can really point you at 'the best'. There's no 'the best and most interesting' classes/specs in WoW but only your personal preferences.

Just as another example, I tried to level a priest in Vanilla. It was a horrible experience and I was done with it after 5-6 hours. Though in early MoP I was bored, and decided to give it another go. I totally fall in love with the disc priest, kept it my main alt during MoP and WoD and will definitely level her to 110 when have more time.

So, as most people are answering, the only way to find out what do you like is to try different classes and specs by yourself.

• Like 2

Panda hit the nail on the head its a personal taste, However, sometimes you don't get the full flavor of a spec without it being at max lvl and you may not want to invest the time or money to find out you hate something all of a sudden.

So one thing I do to try and get a feel is go to the guides here and read the rotation and study the various mechanics, if it sounds appealing then I go to youtube, find a streamer, and watch how it plays. If im like "yeah that seems fun" then i roll with it, if it looks unappealing well then. yeah. 

It's not a 100% guaranteed method to say you'll have fun, but it gives you an idea of what your gameplay will be like. Like i loved old combat rogue and going into legion i was uncertain about outlaw. Reading the guide and watching the videos made me think "hrm i think i hate this" so while derping on my rogue i switched spec only to find "i really hate this".

So i view it kind of getting that little sample spoon from the ice cream shop, gives you enough a taste to decided if you want to try and commit.

ice-cream-spoons-400x400.jpg

• Like 1

On 15.11.2016 at 1:07 PM, demonardvark said:

So i view it kind of getting that little sample spoon from the ice cream shop, gives you enough a taste to decided if you want to try and commit.

If you're lucky enough to be checking out one of the specs available, you can also do the class trial.