FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Melchom

Macro help

Hey guys, Im just recently starting to try out demo and since Destro didn't really need many CD macros I was wondering if there was a way to macro DS+ Imp Swamp + GoServ in one button? I know they are off the GCD but Im a complete macro noob so i was wondering if there was a way around that.

DS is off gcd and goServ and Imp Swarm on gcd. I wouldn't recommend one button because I use other spells between those 3 on opener and there is some situations I use 3 different buttons for these 3 spells but if every DS should line up with goServ, I macro DS with goServ as first button and keep Imp Swarm in a second button because in some rare situtations you can use one Imp Swarm while Dark Soul is on cooldown.

What is the macro for DS and goserv ive tried it and it seems like it isnt working? is it just /cast ..... or ? as of now i just have

/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge

/cast Blood Fury

as one macro

/use Dark Soul

/use Grimoire: Felguard

This should work, you can add Blood Fury too if you like, I'm not an orc myself.

I don't recommend using Dark Soul and Grimoire together. You can often use your Dark Soul + Blood Fury/Berserking/Synapse Springs/etc together between globals of other spells. Tying a GCD to Dark Soul will make using it activate Dark Soul but not Grimoire if you use it between abilities. For example, you should open with Grimoire to get your Felguard out and running around. Slap Corruption up and in the time between Corruption's GCD and Hand of Gul'dan, you can use Dark Soul + whatever as long as none of it is on the global. If you tie it to a global, you'd have to spam it to make sure both abilities went off which defeats the purpose of the macro.

Yeah that's what I finally figured in the end.... Also I put my felguard's felstorm attached with my HoG....Do you think that's a bad idea? It seems to be working okay for now...I mainly do it because Im so used to destro and not really having to use observer's ability too often.....Also i'm having a real hard time with AoE for some reason....I keep re-reading your AoE thread on the main page but for some reason I can't do as much DPS as I'd like.... i can get up to like 250k+ sometimes and shit the next....whereas when i was destro i could easily get to 200+k every time depending on how many targets....what is your exact rotation when it comes to 2-4 targets..... 4-8 targets....then 8+.....I know it's depending on burst but I cant seem to get enough dark fury to complete the rotation as well as I'd like....when im in caster form i twiddle my thumbs not knowing what to cast lol

Felstorm can be necessary at some points like Lei Shen, but otherwise, using it on CD is very wise. Just don't get caught up casting it at inopportune times.

2-4 targets is not AoE. That's 2-4 single target situations. Corruption on all, Doom on all if they will live 15 sec, Hand of Guldan maximization to get sweet Shadowflame damage, Felstorm, and single target ToC tabbing.

5+ targets is when AoE starts. At this point, channeling Hellfire for AoE after getting all DoTs up in caster form is more beneficial than single target. It will also generate heaps of DF rapidly to let you shift back into Meta. Use Hellfire until you get a Hand of Guldan charge and some DF...then use HoG, shift into Meta, flip up Immo Aura, and use Void Ray. You really should be beating the snot out of sustained Destro AoE as sustained Demonology AoE.

So with 5+ targets....even if its at 10 you want to HOG...corrupt as any as possible...HOG...switch to meta...switch back out and start hellfiring for DF....then wait for your HoG charges to come back then immo aurua and VR?...im assuming you HOG in the beggining since you said "wait for HoG charge"....what about those like 15+ mob pulls? i feel like everything would be dead by the time im done corrupting em all lol

Edited by Melchom

It's a judgment call. What 15 mobs are you talking about in a raid encounter? If you're looking to pad on trash, I don't have any advice for that as it's meaningless. Fight with the most junk to hit with a spell is Dark Animus, and carelessly flinging damage around is going to get you in trouble. Know what I do on trash? I check Icy-Veins on my other monitor or watch an episode of Arrested Development/Dexter/Breaking Bad. Secret's out.

If you want to show off your OPness on that trash pack before Iron Qon or the opening trash pack in the whole raid, pop Grimoire:Felguard, Imp Swarm, Hand of Guldan, Hellfire until Unerring procs, Hand of Guldan + Felstorm -> Metamorphosis, Doom as many things as you can before Unerring wears off, Immolation Aura, then spam Void Ray. When/if you run out of Demonic Fury, channel Hellfire until you get a HoG charge. Use HoG -> Meta, Immolation Aura then spam Void Ray. Then kindly ask everyone to wait 3-5 minutes for your trinkets to fully reset.

• Like 1

LMAO! .i think i just need to get the feels for demo a bit more to make the calls....i've only been playing it for a few days now.....I quit for a couple years and came back to not having to be affliction all the time for raid dps! So all these new spells are somewhat new to me lol. Thank you so much for the help tho I appreciate you taking the time.

No way! Immolation aura right before UVoLS fades so it crits the entire duration. NOM NOM! :D

I'm thinking purely Iron Qon trash though. We pull it all at the same time. If you're able to catch the 2 big dudes with crit dooms and then Immolation Aura before it fades, then more power to you. I wish I could find out what DPS I spiked for, but I ended up around 1.3 million DPS when they were all dead. So fun! Only the DK tank gets close.