Scoopaloop

Dot Addon

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First time posting. I played a Hunter until T10 and decided to take a break to finish up school and get settled. I'm back now and rolled a lock. I've been really enjoying it, but I've been having a little bit of difficulty managing my dots on multi-target encounters.

I was wondering if anyone here uses or knows of a good multi-target dot timer addon that will allow me to see which targets have which debuffs/dots and a timer to see when they expire or something along those lines.

I was using Ellipsis Multi-dot timer for a little bit, but it hasn't been updated in a while and it wouldn't show the targets if I did a Fire and Brimstone Immolate on a big group.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

i use ElvUI in combination with Aff dots.. that'll show your dots over the health bars of the enemies and if you've them targeted your current targets dots on affdots addon..

ElvUI has an inbuilt DoT timer, but it doesn't show multiple Targets.

NugRunning shows multiple targets but doesnt have an in-game config (except for /slash commands)

Raven has a DoT timer, and shows multiple targets I think.

WeakAuras have an option to show DoT Timers, but it doesnt show multiple targets, and you'd have to setup every spell yourself.

Personally I've never tried AffDots so can't say anything about it.

Classtimer, dont know if it shows multiple targets.

ButtonTimers, again don't know about multiple targets.

Timers, which hasn't been updated since 5.2

NeedToKnow, no multiple targets.

Personally I think your best bet would be Raven, Nugrunning or maybe affdots.

Edited by Hareikan

I just linked my UI in another thread. Check that to see if you like the way each dummy tracks Corruption (one has Shadowflame on it to show multiple DoTs). Personally, it's all I'll ever need.

Most nameplate addons can track DoTs (i know Elvs and TidyPlates do)

For multi-dotting purposes I use ForteXorcist

For multi-dotting purposes I use ForteXorcist

Same here. At the beginning, ForteXorcist didn't feel to good to me because it kind of overwhelms you with information. But I played around with it a little bit and now I love it. I basically have DoTs grouped by target with the target name on the bottom, and I also increased slightly the size of the bars to make very visible what is going on. Works like a charm, although no matter what, it requires some practice and concentration do keep your DoTs working in fights with more than 2 targets :)

It is awesome when you do it right, though, so keep on trying!

Same here. At the beginning, ForteXorcist didn't feel to good to me because it kind of overwhelms you with information. But I played around with it a little bit and now I love it. I basically have DoTs grouped by target with the target name on the bottom, and I also increased slightly the size of the bars to make very visible what is going on. Works like a charm, although no matter what, it requires some practice and concentration do keep your DoTs working in fights with more than 2 targets Posted Image

It is awesome when you do it right, though, so keep on trying!

can we get a screen shot of this in action with multiple targets. I'm curious to see how much room this takes up.
  • Like 1