FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Actuality

Havoc DPS tips/fixes

Hello all,

I'm middle of the pack right now, but would like to improve.  Any tips/tricks/rotation fixes you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to our recent ursoc kill where I finished at 304k DPS.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mbnXGrxk9KZCLTNt

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

Edited by Actuality

Hi Actuality,

Well, firstly, your dps is pretty strong - certainly nothing to be sniffed at! Just had a quick look and I'm sure others will be able to expand on my quick notes!

One thing I'd mention - try linking up your metamorphosis (and the annihilation that comes with it) with your group's TW. You'll only ever get to use this one; it's best to make sure you've got the additional haste in your ultimate burst phase. If you know your TW is coming in the last 30%, build up your rage in advance, just for that extra edge.

I think you've taken Prepared as your talent on the second row; if I remember, demon blades is seen as the preferred talent now that the fury is no longer "stored" between hits, and has become a lot more predictable for the fury dump.

Personally, I wouldn't use eye beam in single target, unless I could not get in melee range and HAD to use the fury. Chaos strike is usually preferred that way - even more so if it has a chance of triggering Inner Demons, although I didn't see this trait unlocked for you.

There's a few quick notes - hope that helps a bit, for starters!

On 11/8/2016 at 4:11 AM, Abandoned said:

Hi Actuality,

Well, firstly, your dps is pretty strong - certainly nothing to be sniffed at! Just had a quick look and I'm sure others will be able to expand on my quick notes!

One thing I'd mention - try linking up your metamorphosis (and the annihilation that comes with it) with your group's TW. You'll only ever get to use this one; it's best to make sure you've got the additional haste in your ultimate burst phase. If you know your TW is coming in the last 30%, build up your rage in advance, just for that extra edge.

I think you've taken Prepared as your talent on the second row; if I remember, demon blades is seen as the preferred talent now that the fury is no longer "stored" between hits, and has become a lot more predictable for the fury dump.

Personally, I wouldn't use eye beam in single target, unless I could not get in melee range and HAD to use the fury. Chaos strike is usually preferred that way - even more so if it has a chance of triggering Inner Demons, although I didn't see this trait unlocked for you.

There's a few quick notes - hope that helps a bit, for starters!

Thank you for the compliment. and the tips!

It's hard to think that i'm not severely lacking somewhere, being the 11th DPS on the log and ranking in the bottom 10%.  Possibly other people most of the others at that Ilvl have the ring?  I know that adds a significant amount of DPS.

That is a good idea on the Metamorphosis.  We were having DPS issues at times(115 wipes before we actually killed him) so I was trying to get two meta's in (by popping at the beginning so it would be up again later) to help out with that.  Tonight, it was normally coming up about 20 seconds after hero was popped.  I think I will just go with the one at the start of TW combined with a pot from now on.

I have been fighting Demon Blades so much, it seems very boring.  But i'm in a mythic progression guild and have to fight for my spot. so if that will truly boost my DPS I will have to swap.  I believe I may need significantly more haste though, i'm at like 5% right now.

The eye beam I was using whenever the second bear that leads to miasma spawned, since it would then hitting two targets and applying Anguish to both.

I'll include our logs from tonight with this post, hopefully I can get some additional insight.  I am very capable of learning and improving, I just don't know exactly WHAT I need to improve.  Unfortunately I died to a 1.5mill barreling charge on the kill, so my damage dps/damage on kill will be skewed a little lower.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tcnp9vWk6hx2GN47

Thanks again!

Edited by Actuality

Try to shoot for 10% haste, i'm no pro or even a mythic raider but i am an over thinker! So i have my stats at 48% crit, 10% haste, 10% vers, and 10% mastery (damn mastery on my weapon) and i feel like that is the most optimized my stats can be! My item level is only 861 but almost every piece is BiS and i average a soild 250k with spikes to 400k and im super bad im sure once i fully learn my rotations (i just made a macro to use my trinket when i chaos trike) i can easily pull 300k. Dont forge to use blur for the free fel rush and i just made a macro to cast blur as i cast veng and fury of the illidari.

Edited by TimeWiz67