FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cryptor

Fury DPS advice

Hello guys, I am trying to get better playing fury and would like some help.

This is my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Cryptor/advanced

Log for Heroic Ursoc : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qLK6NJAdYcrVwb2p#fight=5&type=damage-done

Ilvl : 860

My stats :

-Critical Strike : 23%

-Haste : 28%

-Mastery : 27%

-Versatily : 1%

My Opener : Prepot → Charge → Dragon Roar → Avatar/Battlecry →Bloodthirst →Raging blow → Odyn →Raging blow

On that log I only did 267k ( recount said 272k dps ) , but I feel I am doing way less than I should be doing.

A little help would be much appreciated .

Edited by Cryptor

Try switching from Dragon's Roar to Reckless Abandon and instead start off battle with

Leap > Battlecry/Avatar > Rampage > Odyn's Fury > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst

with this you get Enrage again after the end of the opener.

I usually open up single target 310k~ with the build i do and with the opener i just showed

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Irontager/simple

Edited by Irontager

Swap as much crit out for haste if you can, and upgrade your gems to Quick Dawnlights, and your ring enchants to Binding of Haste (money allowing, of course); enchant your  cloak. You parsed at 50% compared to other fury warriors at your item level, so right in the middle of the pack.

You'd probably see a DPS gain with Massacre over Carnage, especially with how Execute benefits from Heroism. 

Edited by Corbuusier

13 hours ago, Irontager said:

Try switching from Dragon's Roar to Reckless Abandon

With the way these talents currently sit, Reckless Abandon is not a viable choice. Dragon Roar is the go-to talent in this tier.

3 hours ago, Sajakain said:

With the way these talents currently sit, Reckless Abandon is not a viable choice. Dragon Roar is the go-to talent in this tier.

I do way more damage with Reckless Abandon because you get more Enrage uptime which means more Auto-Attacks which is where the second most of our damage comes from, Raging Blow being first, and deal way more damage during Enrage due to Mastery which is our second most important stat.

39 minutes ago, Irontager said:

I do way more damage with Reckless Abandon because you get more Enrage uptime which means more Auto-Attacks which is where the second most of our damage comes from, Raging Blow being first, and deal way more damage during Enrage due to Mastery which is our second most important stat.

The problem with Reckless Abandon is it has a high probability to waste rage. While your reasoning is accurate, it's not the case in practice.

Dragon Roar has no potential to waste rage, it offers a regular 20% increase in all damage done - that ignores armor- and stacks with your other cooldowns all while being a mere 25 second CD.

=========================

If you're coming out ahead with Reckless Abandon over Dragon Roar, I would consider reviewing your rotation and cooldown management. If you want further evidence of the preferred talent, just review the Fury Warriors who all rank in Mythic content. Every single boss, every single warrior, Dragon Roar is the talent of choice.

11 hours ago, Irontager said:

You have No Idea what you are talking about, please stop spreading misinformation.