FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Diaak

Logs comment

Hello fellows warlocks, i have got a log here, don't look at qon for me please, giga fail cause stacking on spear in phase 2.

The raid hasn't the best setup ever so you should consider even this.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rmepbqgptlix7r4c/sum/damageDone/?s=6437&e=6950

i'd like to have comments about our warlocks and their performances, we would appreciate any tips to improve our performances ^^

I hope to see many answers!

Just a few quick notes from what I can see, Diaak used Chaos Wave, which is generally not advised, as its a waste of DF. However, I will say this may be excused if it was for very quick burst aoe. His Shadowflame uptime also seems a bit low, but I can't say if that's due to transitions or not. Teranu's Immolate uptime seems low, and Slargafia's Immolate uptime is very low. 49.2% is way too low, so he needs to refresh it more often. I'm sure some of our other locks will have more to mention, but that's my little bit.

Oh, I'm going to look, and I'm going to look hard. Here comes the analysis:

Iron Qon - 9:23

Teranu - Destruction Supremacy

-Terrorguard - 7 Doom Bolts. Missing 10 casts. Cast him at the beginning or earlier in the end of the fight to ensure all 17 Doom Bolts.

-Immolate uptime = 89.1%. This can fall off during P2 Wind Storm or maybe P3 Barrier. Decent.

-Rain of Fire uptime = 36.4%. This is pretty bad. Bring this up.

-Only 1 Potion of Jade Serpent used. Make sure you use 2.

Slargafia - Destruction Supremacy

-Terrorguard - 3 Doom Bolts. Boy, you guys sure are shy of your massive demons of Terror, eh?

-Immolate uptime = 65.0%. Um, yeah. Bring that up.

-Rain of Fire uptime = 45.5%. Bring that up.

-Potion of Jade Serpent uptime was 30.9 seconds. So for one of your potions, you only got 5.9 seconds out of it.

Diaak - Demonology Sacrifice

-Doomguard - 6 Doom Bolts. Oy. USE YOUR DOOMGUARDS!

-Corruption uptime = 81.0%. Bring this up.

-Doom Crit ticks = 31/48. This is pretty bad considering you had 10 procs of Perfect Aim. Learn to utilize this buff better.

-no potions?! NO POTIONS?! Use some potions, particuarly 2 per fight.

-4 Dark Soul uses...Iron Qon took 9 minutes. This is enough time for 5 uses. Missed an entire burst window.

I'm not even going to look at Twins or Lei Shen. These are all pretty significant mechanical errors in the play of your Warlocks.

Summary:

Use your Doomguard early or make sure he gets his 17 casts in before the end of a fight (these take 60 seconds).

Use potions correctly.

Increase the uptimes of your DoTs.

Use your procs and cooldowns correctly.

The whole point of these three fights is they all have gimmicks where uptimes of abilities can be skewed in data. Twins have a period of time where two targets are up and not attacking one will lower your DoT uptimes. Lei Shen has phase interchanges that skew this as well. Iron Qon was the best option to give a pure analysis. Given that I found so many mechanical flaws during Iron Qon, further analysis would very likely expose similar things. After going back and doing a spot check, yeah, same problems, different bosses.

Asking me to look at the other logs is like asking me to inspect a bridge you built. I immediately notice that one of the legs of your bridge is cracking, not attached, and very likely to buckle. There is no need to look at the other legs. Make sense?

Maybe you should take a look please, i know perfectly the Qon fight was one of my worst performance in the whole tier, just got the debuff in phase 3 and speared 2 times with 100% movement debuff and cast time, unable to move and the debuff continued to stack, that's my big fault, and the void zone on the quillen don't let me to target many times, i make all the phase 3 and the beginning of 4 casting nothing but istant. Just need any advice about the two other kills, i can assure you that are not so bad as qon, at least, i hope this.

Maybe you should take a look please

After going back and doing a spot check, yeah, same problems, different bosses.

So, i have to realize that i failed hard even to lei shen kill and twins? I mean, too low corr uptime, doomguard didn't cast all bolts and not correct use of dark soul? And how i could use a proc of perfect aim during intermissions? And finally, how i could use gul'dan correctly? i find i can stack 2 times but should i enter demo even if i'm low on fury and spam til go out to get the buff or should i simply stack and be ready to enter meta next time i could stack?

(i'm asking for my self this time, even for the other 2 perfomances except qon of course)

Edited by Diaak

For HoG I would make sure you're always pooling enough DF to be able to go at least 7 seconds in Meta form for your 2 stacks. If you pop in and out you run the risk of getting a Perfect Aim proc when Meta form is on cooldown.

Otherwise, Perfect Aim procs during intermissions happen. Nothing you can do about that, it sucks. :(

But yes, what Zagam said overall about your performances in Iron Qon is true throughout. Work on those elements and you should see some improvements.

Nothing you can do about those procs. I'm contemplating not having any DoTs on Lei Shen during intermissions as my recent heroic kill gave me 4 Perfect Aim procs, and 3 of them were during intermissions. Just an unintended effect you have to live with.

The initial point is that you should fix your pure ST rotation before starting to get into what-ifs on multidotting fights or LS (phases with long downtimes, add spawns, balancing HoG usage for ST with AoE, etc).

Hence:

Summary:

Use your Doomguard early or make sure he gets his 17 casts in before the end of a fight (these take 60 seconds).

Use potions correctly.

Increase the uptimes of your DoTs.

Use your procs and cooldowns correctly.

So, i have to realize that i failed hard even to lei shen kill and twins? I mean, too low corr uptime, doomguard didn't cast all bolts and not correct use of dark soul? And how i could use a proc of perfect aim during intermissions? And finally, how i could use gul'dan correctly? i find i can stack 2 times but should i enter demo even if i'm low on fury and spam til go out to get the buff or should i simply stack and be ready to enter meta next time i could stack?

(i'm asking for my self this time, even for the other 2 perfomances except qon of course)

I usually poot my HOF until 5-4 seconds left on the 2nd charge then HOG > 2 soul fire / shadowbolt >Hog then enter meta as the 2nd HOG lands , spam ToC for 7-8 seconds (to make sure that if perfect aim procs you always have enough time to use it) then go back to normal rotation.

yes, i know that; but i am wondering if sometimes it's more benefical to stay in caster form instead of enter in demo, if i m low on fury (<200) of course!

If you are low on DF I'd just use the 1st charge and wait for the next time around. Just don't sit on 2 charges.