FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bearnisaa

Why are my FoF dealing no damage?

Hey friends,

I love playing my WindWalker monk and really like the way he plays.

But I think I am very underperforming in regards of my damage. Or more specificly in my damage from Fists of Fury. 

First of, here is my Armory link:
Click here

And here is a recent log:
Warcraftlogs

In this group the other WindWalker (Scixy) does more than double the amount of damage than me with his fists of fury. And I can observe that in any other random group as well. Their FoF damage is much much higher than mine.
But what can be the reason for it?
I always try to keep up my Combo, as well as having at least 6-7 stacks of transfer the power before using it.

I am therefore very disappointed by myself as I simply cannot find the reason for this :(

Can you help me?

Thank you!
BR
Bearnisaa

Well, first off Scixy got about 10M damage on the spiderlings from Fists of Fury in the Elerethe log you linked, and second he's got the Crosswind trait, which net him ~2.5M damage.  These two things combined is the reason for the large difference in yours and his FoF damage.

Orthios is mostly right, but also Scixy has Serenity and you're using Whirling Dragon Punch. His FoF will hit harder in logs because they benefit from the increased Serenity damage, and your FoF will reflect lower, because you also need to add your SEF FoF damage to your own for your true FoF value. 

1 hour ago, inderoath said:

Orthios is mostly right, but also Scixy has Serenity and you're using Whirling Dragon Punch. His FoF will hit harder in logs because they benefit from the increased Serenity damage, and your FoF will reflect lower, because you also need to add your SEF FoF damage to your own for your true FoF value. 

I accounted for that, and the difference is what I listed, the 10M damage to the spiderlings and the 2.5M from crosswinds.  His SEF FoF damage was ~3M damage, bringing his total to ~15M damage, vs. 28.5M for Scixy (a difference of 13.5M damage, 12.37M of which is accounted for by the spiderlings and crosswinds).  This last difference is the effect of Serenity reducing FoF's cooldown and the higher number of casts of FoF by Scixy.

On 11/9/2016 at 7:12 PM, Orthios said:

I accounted for that, and the difference is what I listed, the 10M damage to the spiderlings and the 2.5M from crosswinds.  His SEF FoF damage was ~3M damage, bringing his total to ~15M damage, vs. 28.5M for Scixy (a difference of 13.5M damage, 12.37M of which is accounted for by the spiderlings and crosswinds).  This last difference is the effect of Serenity reducing FoF's cooldown and the higher number of casts of FoF by Scixy.

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't account for it, I just wanted to be sure that Bearnissa explicitly knew that was also part of the equation :)