FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Sombra Live on PTR Now + Patch Notes

JfaIUrW.jpg

Update 2:  And it's Live! Sombra has arrived on the PTR!  The PTR patch notes are also in!

We also get to see all the skin options, Victory Poses etc. courtesy of Fraxxxi on reddit.
http://imgur.com/a/Ghbde

lxJBTLy.jpg

lFU6cCf.jpg

Blizzard LogoPTR Patch Notes

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

New Hero: Sombra (Offense)

One of the world's most notorious hackers is stepping out of the shadows: Sombra, a mysterious infiltrator who uses information to control those in power.

Sombra is a master manipulator who can hack her enemies, temporarily blocking their abilities. In addition, she can hack health packs and Torbjorn's turret, making them useless to her opponents. She uses her fully automatic Machine Pistol to take out her enemies, getting into position using her Thermoptic Camo, which allows her to become invisible and move more quickly for short periods of time. This gives her the ability to slip past enemy defenses undetected, but she's instantly revealed if she takes damage or attacks an enemy. She also has a Translocator, which can be tossed like a grenade. When it’s activated, Sombra is teleported to its location (even while it’s in flight).

Sombra's ultimate ability, EMP, discharges electromagnetic energy in a wide radius, hacking anyone caught within range and destroying enemy barriers and shields. To learn more about Sombra, click here.

New Feature: The Arcade!

Discover brand new ways to play Overwatch in the Arcade. Choose from a variety of regularly rotating game modes, maps, and rulesets that don't quite fit into Quick Play or Competitive Play. Whether it's 1-on-1 duels, 3-vs-3 skirmishes, our alternating selection of brawls, or special rulesets like “no hero switching,” you should have no problem finding a game that fits your mood. Experience is earned just like any other mode, but you can also earn Arcade-specific rewards, like Loot Boxes!

New Arena Map: Ecopoint: Antarctica

Bundle up for a journey to Ecopoint: Antarctica, the former Overwatch installation where climatologist Mei-Ling Zhou was once stationed. While researching severe weather anomalies in the region, the station was hit by an intense polar storm. Running out of options and low on supplies, the team decided to cryogenically freeze themselves until the storm passed. They believed that it would only be for a few months, but Mei awoke nearly a decade later.

Ecopoint: Antarctica is a compact new Arena map that features multiple new game modes, including a 3-vs-3 battle and 1-on-1 duel. Check it out in the Arcade.

Season 3 of Competitive Play

Competitive Play's second season will end on November 23 at 4PM PDT (November 24 at 0:00 UTC), and the third season will begin on November 30 at 4PM PDT (December 1 at 0:00 UTC). During the week-long off season, you'll still be able to queue for matches using the Competitive Play ruleset, but your skill rating will not be affected and no Competitive Points will be awarded.

We've also made a few adjustments to the skill rating system for season 3. Players will be distributed more broadly across the skill tiers, which means that your season 3 rating will probably be lower than the previous season.

Developer Comments: When season 2 started, we had more players in the Gold and Platinum skill tiers than we originally intended. This meant that skill levels varied widely for players within those tiers, and some players were achieving inappropriately high rankings during their placement matches. These players typically began the season by having their skill rating adjusted downwards after their first few matches. For season 3, skill ratings will be slightly lower after your placement matches, allowing them to increase as the season begins. After you play enough matches, your skill rating changes will return to normal.

GENERAL UPDATES

General

• Made several adjustments to the amount of experience needed to level
    • The amount of experience needed to reach levels 2 through 13 remains unchanged
    • The amount of experience needed to reach levels 14 through 100 has been slightly reduced
    • The amount of experience needed to reach levels after 100 is now constant (20,000 XP) and will no longer reset after each promotion

Developer Comments: With the way our experience curve works right now, players move fairly quickly through the first 23 levels of each tier (1-23, 101-123, 201-223, etc.). This is because when a player is promoted after 100 levels, the experience curve resets. While this reset has worked pretty well so far, it’s also encouraged some people to stop playing the game after they’re promoted—hoping to save those first 23 levels for a seasonal event. To help address this, the experience needed for all post-promotion levels (any level after 100) is now consistently 20,000 and will no longer reset. The total experience required to gain 100 levels after a promotion is roughly unchanged, but the total experience required to earn the first 100 levels (before the first promotion) has been slightly reduced.

• Made several adjustments to the amount of experience needed to level

Developer Comments: We’ve been monitoring your feedback to the 1-hero limit in Competitive Play. Overall, we believe the game is in a better place in terms of balance and stability with the hero limit in place. For this reason, we have decided to add the 1-hero limit to Quick Play. We understand that there are a lot of players who enjoy the ability to play multiples of the same hero, so we have introduced a new mode to the Arcade called “No Limits.” This mode uses Quick Play’s original ruleset, which allows for hero stacking.

HERO BALANCE UPDATES

We’re making a number of significant hero adjustments this patch and will also be experimenting with different balance tweaks throughout the duration of the PTR.

If you’d like an up-to-date rundown of these changes as they’re implemented, click here. We’re going to be iterating on hero balance quite frequently over the next few weeks, and we’ll be sure to share the latest information as the PTR progresses.

BUG FIXES

General

• Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented the PC client from closing properly, making the Battle.net application think the game was still running
  • Fixed a bug preventing players from receiving credit toward the Most Healing Done commendation
  • Fixed a bug that caused the columns on Recent Players to slightly overlap each other
  • Fixed a bug preventing the fourth column on the friends list from being displayed properly
  • Fixed a navigation error that could occur when attempting to adjust video options using a controller

AI

• Fixed a bug that caused McCree bots to Combat Roll into the well on Ilios
  • Fixed a bug that could cause bots to get stuck in a wall near objective B on Temple of Anubis
  • Fixed a bug that prevented bots from moving through certain locations on Volskaya Industries

Competitive Play

• Fixed a bug that could cause overtime to continue indefinitely on Assault maps
  • Fixed a bug that could cause matches to begin with only 11 connected players

Heroes

• Fixed a bug that prevented Ana's healing stats from showing up in the Career Profile page
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Ana's custom crosshairs from displaying while zoomed
  • Fixed a bug causing irregular placement of the pumpkin on Genji's "Pumpkin Carving" highlight intro with certain skins
  • Fixed a bug preventing Mercy's staff from showing up in the "Guardian Angel" highlight intro with her Cobalt skin equipped
  • Fixed a bug preventing Reaper's "R.I.P." victory pose from animating correctly when the game client isn't in focus
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Tracer to use Blink while rewinding with Recall
  • Fixed a bug preventing some of Tracer's voice lines from activating with her Punk skin equipped
  • Fixed a bug preventing Zarya from gripping her gun's handle in the "Deadlift" highlight Intro
  • Fixed a bug causing Zarya's Graviton Surge to eject Reinhardt at high velocity

Maps

• Fixed a typo on the bakery blackboard in Eichenwalde
  • Fixed a bug that allowed certain heroes to stand on unintended pillars on Ilios
  • Fixed a bug on Lijiang Tower that allowed heroes to reach unintended locations
  • Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on Nepal
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to contest the payload from a protected area above the gas station on Route 66
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Pharah to reach unintended locations on Volskaya Industries
  • Fixed a bug on Watchpoint: Gibraltar that allowed players to reach an unintended location near the final objective

Sombra is almost here! After all the BlizzCon news and hackings we heard she'd be here this week, but she may be a little early and bring with her the Arcade and the new map! Unless of course, this is just another ARG and BlizzCon was a big hoax and we'll just get some more code to decipher on the PTR and cry.

Blizzard LogoJeff Kaplan

Our hope is sometime today or tomorrow, assuming things are stable. If we run in to some issues, it might take a little longer. But we're shooting for today or tomorrow for Sombra, The Arcade, and Ecopoint: Antarctica.

Oasis will be on the PTR in December with a hopeful release date of early 2017.

Source.

• Like 1

I just started playing Overwatch this last weekend and was surprised to see that you could have more than 1 of the same character in Quick Play... Glad to see that change and glad it was already a non-issue in Competitive Play. Going against 4-5 Bastions or Reapers isn't fun.

3 hours ago, OptikRise said:

I just started playing Overwatch this last weekend and was surprised to see that you could have more than 1 of the same character in Quick Play... Glad to see that change and glad it was already a non-issue in Competitive Play. Going against 4-5 Bastions or Reapers isn't fun.

This. As someone that played LOADS of comp, then went back to Quick Play to play with friends I have outranked, it was just horrible. Playing against 5 torbs can be dealt with, sure, but with random pugs that don't know how to deal with it, it's just a huge cluster of sadness.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Blizzard have announced that the Overwatch hero McCree will be renamed and they will no longer be using developer names for the game's characters. This follows Overwatch developer Jesse McCree being let go from the company, without a specific reason being given, which happened amidst the Activision Blizzard lawsuit situation unfolding.
      Here is the full statement from the Overwatch twitter:

• By Staff
      Cross-Play between consoles and PC is coming to Overwatch! Blizzard have detailed this excellent new addition, which will connect all platforms and regions (aside from China) and everyone gets  a golden loot boy to celebrate! This is also very likely in prepration for Overwatch 2, which still doesn't have a solid release date.

There's a developer update video, more info and a huge FAQ below:
      Crossplay (Source)
      Cross-Play is coming to Overwatch soon, allowing players to group up and play together. Powered by the latest global Battle.net update, players from around the world can team up, regardless of their preferred platform*. With the release of cross-play, all players will need to make a Battle.net account and link their appropriate console accounts. With the launch of Cross-Play, everyone who logs in to Overwatch by the end of 2021 will receive a Golden Loot Box to celebrate.
      Check out our resources below to get all of your questions answered.
        Prepare Your Account
      All console players will be required to make a Battle.net account and link it to their console (Xbox, PSN, Nintendo) account. PC players do not need to take this step – You already have a Battle.net account. Upon launching the game, you will be prompted to link your console account to a Battle.net account. Follow the steps below to create a Battle.net account, then link your console game account to your Battle.net account.
        Creating a Battle.net Account
      Visit Battle.net Create a free Battle.net account Once you create your Battle.net account, go to your Account Settings Click on the “Connections” section under Account Settings and link your console   Linking Your Console Game and Battle.net Accounts
      These instructions apply to the in-game steps console players will need to take once Cross-Play is available.
      Launch the game on your system Press the confirmation button to progress through the Overwatch welcome screen You will be presented with an alpha-numeric code and a QR code The alpha-numeric code can be entered at blizzard.com/link The QR code may be scanned with a mobile app to take you to the linking webpage, which will be pre-populated with the code provided in-game Log in with your Battle.net account credentials to finalize the connection between your console game and Battle.net accounts You will receive a message in-game that notifies that your account is now successfully connected Exit and relaunch Overwatch  
      Cross-play Frequently Asked Questions
      Account Linking
      How do I link my Battle.net account to my console?
        Step 1: Visit Battle.net Step 2: Create a free Battle.net account Step 3: Once you create your Battle.net account, go to your Account Settings Step 4: Click on the “Connections” section under Account Settings and link your console
        Will I need to create a Battle.net account even if I don’t plan to use cross-play?
        Console Players: Yes. With the addition of the cross-play feature, all players will need to setup a Battle.net account or connect to an existing Battle.net account. PC Players: No, you already have a Battle.net account.
        I play on PC, what do I need to do? Nothing! Keep enjoying Overwatch and welcome your new console friends by grouping up and playing matches.
      What systems are supported with the cross-play feature? Cross-play is coming to all systems where Overwatch is currently available: PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and the Nintendo Switch.
      Will I receive the Golden Loot Box on just one system? Players will receive one Golden Loot Box everywhere they play Overwatch (PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch) even if they’re associated with the same Battle.net account.

Progress and Leaderboards
      Will my progression carry over between systems? No. While cross-play will allow you to group up with friends using other systems, no progress and collection content will carry over between sessions on different systems.
      Will stats be reset when cross-play launches? No.
      Will ranks (SR) be reset at cross-play launch? No.
      Will top 500 leaderboards include players from other systems? There will be separate leaderboards for PC players, cross-play enabled console players, and cross-play disabled console players.
        Social Features
      Will I use my console handle (Xbox Username, PSN ID, etc) or my Battletag during console matches? Once you’ve linked your console and Battle.net accounts, you will display your Blizzard Battletag during matches. There are specific cases where your console handle will be displayed such as friend lists and top 500 lists.
      Will other players be able to see my Real ID after I link my Battle.net account? Being able to see another player’s Real ID (real name) is contingent upon account settings. To learn more, visit our support page at https://battle.net/support/article/23686
      If I add a friend on the same console, will they be my friend on both PSN/Xbox/Switch and Battle.net? Adding a friend through the Overwatch game will make them your Battle.net friend. If you wish to add a friend on the same console without them also being a Battle.net friend, you can use your console’s native social menus.
      If I opt-out of cross-play, will I still see Battle.net friends on my friends list or only PSN/Xbox/Switch friends? No, if you choose to opt out of cross-play, you will not see your Battle.net friends on your friends list.
      How will bans work? For example, if my game account is banned on PC, can I no longer play on other systems? Can I link banned game accounts? Account bans are determined at the game level (for clarity’s sake, we’ll refer to this as a “game account”). For example, if a player’s game account is banned on PC, they will still be able to use game account(s) tied to their Battle.net account to play Overwatch on console unless they have been banned for a more serious offense. If a player’s Battle.net account has been closed due to repeat or severe offenses, they will not be able to log-in and will need a new copy of Overwatch and Battle.net account to play the game.
      Can I add friends, report, mute, avoid, and block players from other systems? Yes.
      Can I use voice chat to talk to players on other systems? Yes.

Matchmaking and Game Modes
      Will cross-play be enabled for all game modes? Cross-play is enabled for all game modes with an exception for Competitive games. Competitive players will be split into two pools depending on the system that they are playing on: 1) Console players, and 2) PC players. For balance purposes, PC players and console players will not be mixed in the same pool for competitive matches.
      Will competitive matches include players from other systems? Competitive players will be split into two pools depending on the system that you are playing on: 1) Console players, and 2) PC players. For balance purposes, PC players and console players will not be mixed in the same pool for competitive matches.
      Can a console player (controller) group up with a PC player (mouse & keyboard) and play together? Yes, but only in non-Competitive game modes. Any group consisting of both PC and console players will be placed into the PC player matchmaking pool. Mouse & keyboard players will not be able to join the console player matchmaking pool, regardless of who is in their group.
      How will cross-play impact the current (Season 28) Competitive Season? When cross-play goes live, there will be some time left in season 28. SR and leaderboards will be preserved when we patch and continue as normal for the rest of the season. Cross-play for competitive won’t be enabled until season 29 – meaning console players will only play with others of their specific platform for the remainder of season 28. When Season 29 goes live, players on different consoles will be able to group together to play ranked. Competitive Season 29 is scheduled to begin on July 1, 2021.
      I’m a PC player who uses a controller. Can I play in the console matchmaking pool? No. PC players will play with other PC players regardless of their input method.
      Will console aim-assist be enabled when I match up with a PC player? No. Console aim-assist will be disabled by default if you group up with a PC player to equalize play during the match.
      Will aim-assist be enabled when I play in the console-only pool? Yes. Aim-assist is enabled for all console vs. console matchups.
      I only want to match against players on the same console. Is that possible? Yes. Disabling cross-play features will ensure that you only match with other players on your same system who also have cross-play disabled.
      Can I disable cross-play? Cross-Play will be automatically enabled by default for all users. If you decide that you want to opt-out of the cross-play function, you may do so through the Overwatch in-game menu, or within your console’s system settings for Xbox. PC players cannot opt out of cross-play.
      Will disabling cross-play increase my queue times? Most likely, yes. We expect there to a be a smaller pool of players on each console who have opted out of cross-play.
      Will cross-play be available for custom games? Yes, cross-play is enabled for custom games.
      Is cross-play in Beta? Will there be more changes to this feature in the future? Yes, cross-play is currently in the beta phase. The Overwatch development team will be monitoring feedback and will look to make improvements on the feature moving forward.

Overwatch League
      Where are my OWL tokens delivered? PC/Console? Both? OWL tokens purchased by players are delivered to the system on which the player makes their purchase. OWL tokens earned through the Overwatch League Viewership Rewards program are rewarded at the Battle.net account level and therefore delivered to all systems associated with the linked account.
      *Excluding China, which will remain its own separate region.
    • By Starym
      You can now play Overwatch for free until January 4th, and even buy the game permanently for 25-50% off! There's also the Winter Wonderland event currently active until January 5th to check out as well, with new skins and activities to be had.

• By Starym
      Today's PTR brings a lot of Hero tweaks and will be a pretty large download when it goes live, as it's a remaster. We're getting changes to D.Va, Orisa, Roadhog, Sigma, Winston, Baptiste, Lucio, Mercy, Moira, Doomfist, Sombra, Symmetra and Tracer, of varying significance.
      PTR Patch September 24 (source)
      ANNOUNCEMENT
      Patch 1.41 is a remaster and will require a relatively large download for all platforms. HERO UPDATES
      D.Va
      Defense Matrix
      Regeneration rate increased from 12.5% to 16% per second Delay before regeneration begins lowered from 1 second to 0.75 seconds Orisa
      Protective Barrier
      Cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds Roadhog
      Scrap Gun
      Ammunition increased from 5 to 6. Sigma
      Kinetic Grasp
      No longer blocks Chain Hook and Whip Shot Gravitic Flux
      High gravity effect duration reduced from 1.2 to 0.9 seconds Experimental Barrier
      Regeneration rate reduced from 175 to 150 per second Now has a 1 second cooldown after recalling the barrier Initial 0.2 second cast time removed Winston
      Barrier Projector
      Duration increased from 6 to 9 seconds Health increased from 600 to 700 Baptiste
      Immortality Field
      Health decreased from 250 to 200 Lucio
      Crossfade
      Speed boost’s effect increased from 20% to 25% Amp It Up
      Speed boost’s amplification increased from 50% to 60% Wall Ride
      Speed buff reduced from 40% to 30% Mercy
      Valkyrie
      The extra beams created by Valkyrie now ignore enemy barriers Moira
      Biotic Grasp
      Self-healing reduced from 30 to 20 health per second Doomfist
      Rocket Punch
      Time to reach max charge increased from 1 to 1.4 seconds The Best Defense…
      Shield health gained per hit reduced from 35 to 30 Sombra
      Translocator
      Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds Cooldown now begins immediately upon deploying the beacon or if it is killed by an enemy Symmetra
      Photon Barrier
      Duration reduced from 15 to 12 seconds Health reduced from 5000 to 4000 Sentry Turret
      Damage per second reduced from 50 to 40 Photon Projector
      Players impacted by the primary fire beam should now hear a louder impact sound Tracer
      Pulse Pistols
      Damage falloff now starts at 13 meters, up from 10 meters BUG FIXES
      General
      Fixed a player profile issue preventing hero win percentages from being displayed for competitive arcade mode seasons Heroes
      Brigitte
      Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Rally checking line of sight from her feet instead of from her head Fixed a bug with Inspire’s position being affected by the player’s aim pitch Doomfist
      Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to use Meteor Strike before taking impact damage from Sigma’s Gravitic Flux Sigma
      Fixed a bug that allowed Sigma’s Gravitic Flux to ignore line of sight through some ceilings Sombra
      Fixed a bug with EMP’s position being affected by player’s aim pitch Winston
      Fixed a bug that caused Winston’s Barrier Projector to not consistently play its destroyed visual effects
    • By Starym
      Update: You can now also pre-order the game and get a free golden loot box, with a guaranteed legendary inside, as well as Widownmaker's Noire skin.

The Nintendo Switch will be receiving its second Blizzard game soon, as Overwatch will be arriving on the console on October 15th! It will come bundled with 15 skins and 3 months of Nintendo Switch Online membership, which is required to play the game.
      October 15th will see the Heroes arrive to Nintendo's console.