FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pringols

Need some help with Demonology

Hello everyone,

Im the raid leader of my core and since the 5.0 im playing blood DK, but since the last week i started playing demon lock and i feel that my performance is quite low at the moment.

I would ask for some help about how im going and what i need to focus to be better.

Some log from this week : http://www.worldoflo...lola/?s=5&e=369

Armory: http://us.battle.net...ingöls/advanced

Thanks!

Edited by Pringols

1) Demonology isn't strong without the Unerring Vision of Lei Shen trinket. You're not going to see great numbers without it.

2) Wushoolay's and the Volatile Talisman are pretty terrible for Demonology as well. These trinkets are much better suited to Destruction or Affliction.

3) Only used 1 potion on Durumu.

I don't see the legendary meta gem and you have bad trinkets. Demonology is going to be difficult to perform well this way. Your spell usage, DoT uptime, and other relevant information is very good, so once you acquire a couple of trinkets and get your meta gem, you're going to be on your way. Your burst looks good, so I'd say you're doing just about everything right short of being held back by not having UVLS and your LMG.

• Like 1

Bad luck with drops.. only trinkets i got until now =(

Anyway even with some difficult im trying to adapt to demon myself, i like the spec already, just i dont have some luck with drops.

Thank you Zagam, i really apreciate you advice.

2) Wushoolay's and the Volatile Talisman are pretty terrible for Demonology as well. These trinkets are much better suited to Destruction or Affliction.

Wush is far from terrible. :P The hit itemization isn't optimal on a trinket, but you can still do wonders with it when it lines up with with Dark Soul and other trinkets for massive Soulfires. I've been pulling very respectable numbers with it, though I finally rolled a TF Breath last week (yay!).

Wush's optimiziation comes from snapshotting or using Meta during high stacks (more than 5). You get the 6th through 10th application for only 50% of the trinket's proc duration, so you're essentially wasting the first half of the trinket. Granted, it makes up for it, but in a growing fashion, so it really requires careful monitoring. It also gimps your opener quite a bit because all of your other procs will be gone when Wush hits 10 stacks. It's not TERRIBLE persay, but it's not great compared to Breath and UVLS.