FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Thewar

Need help

Can someone please explain all this crit mastery gear that i keep getting? do i just have terrible rng luck? what should i be doing when the gear is 20 ilvls higher with nothing but crit and mastery. currently im close to 20 percent crit and over 50 percent mastery while my haste and versa suffer greatly. im currently specd prot.

Edited by Thewar

Yeah, that really sucks. But there is basically not a simple answer. To make it easier, i personally recommend to have 20 - 25% haste and not more than 12% crit. So you can use some items with crit on it. This is a personal feeling and not based on any (wrong) simulations.

Well you can have more crit, it's not that bad if you can "handle" with. It will basically give you more randomness in incoming dmg...what is often not really comfortable for your healer(s). So you have to manage your and your healers dmg-reducing-coooldowns better.

I decided to forego ilvl and adjust the weights. got my haste up from 12 to 23 percent and my crit down to 15 percent. my mastery took a dive from 50 to 38 percent but i got a slight increase on versa, from 4 to 7 percent. i really only lost a few ilvls from 863 to 858 so i dont think its too big of a loss. i havent tried it out yet in dungeons so we shall see.

1 hour ago, Corbuusier said:

That's a much better balance of stats. Vers and Crit trail far behind everything else. Aim for 24-26% haste at minimum to squeeze an extra GCD in during Enrage.

Your talking about fury, he's talking about prot.

1 hour ago, Thewar said:

I decided to forego ilvl and adjust the weights. got my haste up from 12 to 23 percent and my crit down to 15 percent. my mastery took a dive from 50 to 38 percent but i got a slight increase on versa, from 4 to 7 percent. i really only lost a few ilvls from 863 to 858 so i dont think its too big of a loss. i havent tried it out yet in dungeons so we shall see.

If it's possible, try to slightly reduce your haste if you get a boost in mastery instead. Same for Versatility. In most situation you're doing better with more mastery. Versatility is great in some specific situations, but then you really should go completely for it.

There are prots who really liks to play in max. versatility gear. It's is a viable way but i personally don't like it =)