Fenodoree

(Fire) I need some help with my damage

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hello there.

I'm a 864 fire mage currently at 6/7H but i really think my dps is too low, maybe is it because i don't have the legendary bracers yet, but still i think it should be better, In my last run in H i started doing the rotation a bit better, (i wasn't doing the crit train as i should) and i improved my dps in 20k. Still i think i should do better.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks 

logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9822850/10/ 

Edited by Fenodoree

Talent Choices.  Conflag, Living Bomb, and Cinderstorm are situational.  Heavy Cleave/AOE.  I don't see a use for them on most boss fights.  With classes that have substantially higher AOE than Fire without even using talents for it, I find our mediocre AOE to be not as worth wild on a boss fight.  Therefore, in my personal opinion, you're hurting your DPS on boss fights.

On your wipe on Nythendra you had a cast efficiency of 76%.  You missed a lot of stuff.  You used 2 out of 3 possible Combustions, 10 out of 11 PF, 24 out of 34 Fire Blasts.  You failed to convert 3 Fireballs into Hotstreak for a total of 7 out of 10 crits.

You used 1 potion off the start with hero.

Your combustion phase consisted of 5 pyros.  You can get a steady 6 to 7 always.

On your kill you fixed your cast efficiency, but you still missed 7 Fireball crits converting them to Hot Streaks, 23 out of 30 crits.

You still only used 1 potion, on hero at the start.  You used 7 total Combustion phases, which is good, but you're lacking still with mostly 5 pyros and you've got 3 rounds with 4 pyros.

Looking at the details of your casts, it appears that you are using Combustion then casting ROP.  Huge No No.

Combustion phase needs to work like this.

Pre-pot: Pyro/Fireball Crit?  Hotstreak?  If yes  Then cast ROP then at end of cast immediately use Combustion then go into rotation.

Pre-Pot: Pyro/Fireball Crit?  No?  Continue casting Fireball Crit? Yes Continue Casting Fireball, Crit?  Yes > Go into ROP+Combustion as you entered a hot streak.

If you fail to get a hot streak using Fireball after 10 or so seconds, use a single PF to proc your next Fireball into a Hot Streak.  Then enter Combustion+ROP.

Remember, Hot Streak is REQUIRED BEFORE putting down a ROP and using Combustion.  However do not waste your Fireblasts and more than 1 PF to get into a hot Streak prior to burning ROP and Combustion!!!

So again. Hot streak > Cast ROP, at end of cast use Combustion > Pyro (use that hot streak up) FB > Pyro > FB > Pyro > Flame On > FB > Pyro > FV > Pyro > PF > Pyro.  Guaranteed 6 Pyros during Combustion.

Most of your fights you seem to not know what to even do with combustion at all.  You have a couple fights where you burn it over 1 second before casting a ROP, then try to get some Pyros out of it, but then there are plenty of other fights where you don't use it at all.  There are fights where you do use it but it's haphazardly placed.  Literally looking at logs where you dont use Combustion at all until mid way, you use it once, and you don't even use anything to benefit it.  You literally wasted it.

That's all I can say right now, you have a lot of improvement to work on.  You need to hammer out the basics of Combustion.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your help i really apreciate it :) 

1 more question, If i've il'gynoth trinket should i use Kindling?

Once again thank you for your help :)

Edited by Fenodoree

Wiggling Sinew and Devilsaur Shock Baton are considered BIS.  There are a couple others that could be interchanged with Devilsaur Shock Baton that could be better depending on ilvl.

Kindling should be used with Pyromaniac talent, period.  Has nothing to do really with your trinkets.  You're stacking crit as a fire mage, therefore the "should I use kindling if I use a crit trinket"is moot.