FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Xunii

Looking for help

Hello all was wondering if you may be able to help me. Im looking to start on an alt what would be my go to DPS. Looking on simcraft and what not i have been trying to see what classes would be good for dps. (Though dont know how good that site is now) but just wondering what would be the best melee dps to go with. so far i have tried and lvled war, dh, shaman  and lvling a rouge and dk. all i have alot of fun with all of them. and im sure i would have fun with others im not saying just looking for input and some advice on  what good dps classes in raids are and what groups are looking for.

Raids break down in to 4 Categories typically.

Tank

Healer -

Melee DPS - Forgot Pally, Hunter, Monk

Range DPS - Lock, Hunter, Mage, Shaman, 

If you enjoy the class you will do more DPS because you are going to play that class more have better gears and work on your rotations.  With LFR you can be horrible and still raid.    You want survive-ability.  Yes you can go through logs and figure out what the best spec is.  But honestly, find something you like.  You can always raid in off nights till you get where you need to be. 

Never pick a class or alt depending on what they do currently. Just because they are top DPS now, they could be bottom tomorrow. Blizzard have stated they want to push out regular changes as much as possible, so it's entirely possible things can change a LOT, frequently.