FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Evailya

How can I further improve (AP Assassin)

Hello, I am looking for advice on how I can further improve and help my guild push a bit farther. 

Here are my logs from our Tuesday night raid: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xGaknQW6721ymzCg#fight=1&type=damage-done

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Evasap/advanced (currently in pvp gear sorry, will update when I'm off work.)

Edited by Evailya
Broken link

Hey dude,

The largest stand-out point I saw between you and the other rogue in your party is rupture and garrote uptime (looking at the Odyn fight you linked).  His is much higher than yours, and rupture is still the largest source of your damage even as AP so that will hurt your parse pretty badly.

Also, he/she is running MP and you are running EP, but you only had 50ish percent uptime on it.  That is very low.  I have not done the Odyn fight in ToV yet, but you need to pump up that EP uptime somehow.  Your ruptures are going to tick significantly weaker when it is not up.

Your artifact is under-leveled for this point in the expac; I would guess that you only recently made the switch to Assassination?  If so, it may just be an issue of you needing more practice with the spec and more artifact power pumped into the Kingslayers.  EP/AP is the most demanding of all the Assassination specs stat-wise, particularly with regard to crit, because you have no way to "turbocharge" your energy generation and recover from a string of bad rolls like you do with Exsanguinate.  It is the single target king on paper currently, bu if you are target switching at all, it will suffer harder than the other options.  Again, I haven't done the fight so I don't know what goes on during it.  If it's anything like Odyn from HoV, though, there's probably a fair bit of target swapping which is not good for you.

Yeah there's a fair bit of swapping. I am also pretty far behind, I made the switch back to rogue since our guild was having dps issues. Thanks for the info though I'll definitely look into improving those. Also here is my Guarm kill if that looks any better. It's a pretty straight forward fight. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xGaknQW6721ymzCg#type=damage-done&start=3814376&end=4067688

Edited by Evailya
Added log