webster259

My Aimed Shot and DPS Woes

5 posts in this topic

I was looking over my logs from our raid last night, specifically the M Ursoc fight.  I then went on to look at the logs of the ranked MM hunters in the same gear range as me and I saw a disparity in my Aimed Shot damage that I am not able to explain. 

Here is my Damage Done log and Check My Wow log for the fight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dCVMZw8LfJxBcv3D#fight=5&type=damage-done&source=56

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/dCVMZw8LfJxBcv3D/180071802/5

Here is the Damage Done log and Check My Wow log for the #2 parse for the fight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gac1QPVBMJGHW3Dt#type=damage-done&source=19

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/gac1QPVBMJGHW3Dt/126082204/8

With all of this information there were two things that stood out to me.  Their Aimed Shot damage is quite a bit higher than mine and the damage that the do during Trueshot is a lot higher than mine.  I do see that there was a perfect 77/77 for Aimed Shot casts where I was only 68/75 and if that is the cause of an almost 100k DPS difference that I will accept that and work on it.  However, in these reports we both have the same Legendaries and comparable gear with my Agility being about 2k lower and Vers 900 lower but with higher Crit, Haste, and Mastery.  If anyone has anything to point out as to what I might be doing wrong or missing, I would be incredibly grateful.  Thanks

Dude, this shaman in your party, using old t18 set bonus to do these incredible numbers in ilvl 858! This "aproach" would work with hunter´s t18? LOL

He has the Dominion deck trinket. His crits hit 10% more and for double the value of what your Aim Shots would crit for.. Mainly during his opener due to their hero at start vs yours @ 30%,

On 11/11/2016 at 3:26 PM, Diemocracy said:

He has the Dominion deck trinket. His crits hit 10% more and for double the value of what your Aim Shots would crit for.. Mainly during his opener due to their hero at start vs yours @ 30%,

That would explain quite a bit.  Thanks

On 11/11/2016 at 7:13 AM, GmLocke said:

Dude, this shaman in your party, using old t18 set bonus to do these incredible numbers in ilvl 858! This "aproach" would work with hunter´s t18? LOL

I looked at the shaman, he only has 2 T18 pieces (mythic).    

I'm not sure I'd go back and get mythic Battle Gear of the Savage Hunt for the 4-pc for the instant AiS.  There's already downtime in the MM rotation without having a 0 cast time AiS.  The Marked Shot critical proc for a haste buff from the might be an interesting try.  I guess if your item level is so high that rocking a couple of 735-765 pieces wouldn't hurt your dps...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By chizuko
      We're currently on a raid break until BFA launches. Trial periods will commence during the first raid tier of BFA

The Shadowstalkers are looking for dedicated members to join our raid team!
      Recruitment is currently OPEN. We will consider any strong applicant!
      We are a raiding guild with a long history on Argent Dawn, We are currently seeking new raiders to help us push our progression in BFA and aim to raise our rank as high as we can!
      Current progression is 10/11 mythic Antorus
      6/9 mythic Tomb of Sargeras
      10/10 mythic Nighthold
      3/3 mythic Trial of Valor
      7/7 mythic Emerald Nightmare
      About your trial:
      - You will remain a trialist for around two raid lockouts to allow us to get a feel for you as a player and see how you fit and preform.
      - We want trialists to join the guild during their trial period to see how they fit socially as this is an important part of our guild.
      About our raids:
      - We raid Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday 19:50 until 23:00 server time.
      - We expect raiders to maintain good attendance.
      - We expect raiders to keep us informed if they can't attend a raid.
      - All raiders must be willing to use voice chat and speak English.
      You can find our Wowprogress page at:
      [http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/argent-dawn/The+Shadowstalkers]

You can find our Warcraft Logs page at:
      [https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/id/3311]

You can find our Discord server at: 
      [https://discord.gg/AGhh8sd] 

Use our discord server to find out more information about us. 
      You can apply to us on discord as well!
      If you would like to discuss the guild further please poke Hucknell or any of the other officers Rugnus, Jacob, Eubert, Saltyshot, or Chleo in-game who will be glad to chat!
      Feel free to add my battletag for a chat
      WhiteLorne#2575
    • By Babblet
      Location: Horde, US Connected Realms: Aegwynn, Bonechewer, Daggerspine, Gurubashi, Hakkar. 
      Raiding Times: Mon/Tue 7:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us:
      We are former nolife raiders who now enjoy spending time outside our basements in the real world. Our total play time has decreased slightly but we still strive to meaningfully progress our characters through end game raiding. Currently we are recruiting new members to help us progress in the upcoming expansion. Join us and lets slay Dragons together!
      Apply if you are:
      interested in end game content; M+ Dungeons and Heroic/Mythic Raiding capable of critical thought and willing to contribute when discussing strategy a self-starter who plays to improve and keep up to date with latest theorycraft always on time and reliable  
      Recruitment Status: currently recruiting Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, Healing classes.

Contacts/Battle Tags:
      Shig#1825 (Guild Master)
      Silvadine#1273 (Officer)
      Discord:
      Shig#8835
      Silvadine#1277
    • By Bubbleskank
      Guild: <Nocturnal>
          Server: Zul'jin(Horde)
          Raid Times: Tue, Wed, Thur 10:30-1:30 PST (1:30-4:30 EST)
          Progression: 9/11M ABT 4/9M ToS 5/10M NH
          Current Needs

**RANGE**
      Boomkin - HIGH
      Elemental Shaman - HIGH
      Warlock - Closed
      Shadow Priest - Low
      Hunter - Closed
      Fire Mage - Low
      **MELEE**
      Fury/Arms War - Closed
      Surv. Hunter - Low
      Ret Pally - Low
      Frost DK- HIGH
      Havoc DH - LOW
      WW Monk - LOW
      Enh. Shaman - HIGH
      Feral - HIGH
      Rogue - Closed
      **HEALS**
      Resto Shaman - Closed
      Holy Pally - Closed
      Disc. Priest - HIGH
      R.Druid - Closed
      MW Monk - Closed
      Any Exceptional DPS
          Expectations
      1. Good Attitude – Our raids are high-pressure situations a lot of the time. Mistakes can and will be made by anyone in the raid. Your attitude must allow for identifying such mistakes, the willingness to admit failure, and the drive to correct such failure. Criticism can and must be met with a level head and the determination to amend your play accordingly. Nobody is above being called out for a mistake. Getting angry at your fellow raiders for pointing out errors during farm or progression will achieve nothing except the re-opening of recruitment.
      2. Awareness – Encounters in this game will consistently find ways to kill you, ranging from simple fire mechanics to meteor strikes to sonic discs. If your awareness is lacking in any department, it will become readily apparent. We do not want people that cannot adapt quickly and efficiently to the challenging Mythic encounters of this tier and beyond.
      3. Performance – Every boss fight is different. How quickly you are able to form a solid, consistent DPS (or HPS) strategy around the challenges of the encounter means everything. Maximizing output is a must. People who can adapt to any encounter, old or new, on the turn of a dime, are the people we want.
      4. Attendance – The same players consistently showing up is one of the greatest keys to fast progression and reliable farm. Our final roster will be under 30 players, and we only raid 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week, so our schedule should be easy to make with 100% attendance, barring real life circumstances that can and will happen to everyone from time to time.
          Trial Period
      Once accepted into the guild, you will be placed into a trial period that lasts 2-4weeks. During this time, you will be evaluated and see how well you perform in our raid environment. Once we see how you play, we will have a brief talk with you and let you know if you passed your trail or not.
          Contact Info
      Bubblesmitey - Bubbleskank#1537
    • By terence
      <Disconnect> [US, Area 52, Horde] (11/11M 9/9M) is a 2-day, late night, weekend Mythic raid. We are looking for progression minded players interested in a friendly yet competitive raiding environment.
      We just realm transferred to Area 52 from Stormrage in May 2018. Guild used to be called <Shattering>. Pardon the messed up Wowprogress/Raider.io data.
      Recruiting exceptional Tank, Healer and DPS.
      Raid times:
      Friday & Saturday
      9:45pm-1:45am PST
      10:45pm-2:45am MST
      11:45pm-3:45am CST
      12:45am-4:45am EST (server time)
      Apply at:
      https://disconnectwow.enjin.com/recruitment

What you can expect from <Disconnect>:
      Strong Guild leadership focused on progression Fair loot council with progression in mind A very easy going and friendly atmosphere not commonly found in most progression guilds Dedicated and skilled core team A group that understands that WoW is a game, and is meant to be fun
        What we expect from you:
      Consistency Raid awareness Accountable and responsible Experience and knowledge to play and excel at your respective class/spec Desire to progress and push yourself every raid
        Apply at:
      https://disconnectwow.enjin.com/recruitment

Discord contact: @char *#7024
      Battle.net contact: Lamat#1220
    • By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a mythic raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of three within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.
      We are always looking to add players with a friendly personality and lots of passion for the game. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      We are 7/11 Mythic Antorus, Heroic AOTC.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid. We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders. You must be able to take constructive criticism and have ownership over your level of play, and be willing to put in the effort to be a contribution to the team.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for farming the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      DPS: We are now recruiting mythic level DPS for Battle for Azeroth.

Interested? Next steps: 
      Please check out our team's wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit.
      Read the Guild Code of Conduct
      Complete and submit a New Raider Application
      Join the guild's Discord server
      Add the Raid Leaders on bnet:  joat#1832 & lambkill#1856  
      Looking forward to hearing from you!