FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
theline93x2

Whats Wild Next?

Well, we have the new expansion coming out next month, and as I am a newer player, this will be my first experience with a new expansion being released for Hearthstone. The way I had understood it was:

New card pack = Oldest card pack goes wild

or New adventure = Oldest adventure goes wild

But I can't seem to find any solid information out. And everything I have seen suggests that BRM will be next to go wild and not TGT. And if thats the case then the way I thought it would work is wrong. I own BRM but i guess my biggest concern is investing dust in TGT if its just going to go wild. Please let me know what you guys think, or maybe know about what is to come after the new expansion is released and maybe how long we have until something goes wild or if it will be right away.

Thanks in advance!

Hope this helps

Also per http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Standard_format

Standard format is updated annually when the first new expansion of the year is released, marking the start of the new "Standard year"

And https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearthstone:_Heroes_of_Warcraft

Shows the next rotation as 2017

So if i decipher it correctly, the first expansion/ adventure in 2017 will rotate out BRM/ TGT and LOE. 

I'm also a new player to Hearthstone (2 months) and made the mistake of crafting older cards that will get rotated out. I suggest not making any new cards from BRM/ TGT and LOE until the new expansion hits early Dec 2016 (Mean Streets of Gadgetzan). In hindsight its tough to play in the Standard Meta for new players because of the obvious lack of cards but remember cards that get rotated out can always be used in Wild.

If your primarily going to play Standard format then I suggest not crafting cards from BRM/ TGT and LOE.

• Like 1

@ zinfandel - From the same post

When we release the first new Expansion each year, every set that wasn’t released in the same year or the year prior will cycle out and no longer be part of the Standard format.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I actually have ONLY bought classic packs, because i figured not only are those not going anywhere, but as i get more and more Classic Pack cards the more dust i net in the end from continuing to  buy them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theline93x2 said:

I actually have ONLY bought classic packs, because i figured not only are those not going anywhere, but as i get more and more Classic Pack cards the more dust i net in the end from continuing to  buy them.

Well, this is not actually bad. More dust you get, more cards you can craft from other expansions,  that you think you need really, especially legendaries.

Just get the adventures as soon as they are released, and dont disenchant them until they rotate out, and try to complete the classic set by packs. As close as you are to finish the set, more dust you have to craft legendaries from other expansions. 

Also ıf you want to craft something, I suggest you start with some staple cards from classic set, ıf you just cant find those in packs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theline93x2 said:

Yeah, that's the way I see it too.