FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zeroaphex

Subtlety Help Please (with logs)

HI, i've been racking my brain with why my dps just does not seem to be where it should be and I've hit a wall with where to change. I seem to be 50k off of where i should be (according to simcraft sims) 

Armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Aetherhelix/simple

Logs from this evening ( I am "Aetherhelix" on the logs)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JPXtGy4KF6QLAZM9#fight=10

I've looked at other posts also asking for assistance, i noted that my uptimes on NB should be higher, i worked on that this week and saw about a 10% uptime improvement. I'm also having trouble maximizing on specific fights, expecially M ER, what we are working on right now. 

As far as rotation. I usually get 4 SS in during SD, unless refreshing SoD. I am a bit hazy on when to backstab in teh rotation, as well as why one would pool energy for a backstab set or builders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What I usually do is when pooling with backstab, I pool until I get 2 combo points so I ensure that I get a 6 CP finisher so I don't have to relly on RNG to get 4 SS  and 2 finishers in 1 Dance, thought I only do that when I only have 1 Dance left, otherwise I will just have a big dead time where I cannot dance if RNG isn't on my side. I also backstab when relentless strikes proc and cap me at 100 energy so I don't start dancing with 100 energy and waste master of shadows energy.

Side Note: I have the same legendary as you with an ilvl of 875 and my dps can be from 310k upto 390k depending on fight, unless it's Il'gynoth, The Heart of Corruption where my dps is around 275k~.

Could you explain what you struggle with more specific on when it comes to M ER?

I don't know if this helps but if you have any questions I will try my best to help :)

Edited by timmpah

Well as you do know too you need to increase your nightblade uptime. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to have it at 98-99% at HC Nythendra. Also I don't quite understand the Shuriken Tosses. I see that when you're away from the boss to leave the rot you want to get some extra dps, but combined with a feint doesn't really feel that you will recover all the energy when you're back at the boss. Other than that, the shadow dance/shadowstrike ratio. At 114s is a common mistake and you've pulled less shadowstrikes than usual. You should always leave the symbols of death refresh after the first finisher in shadow dance. So you shadow dance, 2 shadowstrikes, finisher then you symbols and one more shadowstrike.

Hey dude,

Others have addressed some of your more general questions, but with regard to backstab use and energy pooling, I can tackle those for you.

The reason you want to pool energy before backstabbing is because of Shadow Techniques.  Imagine you backstab to apply your 6th combo point, but you spend all your energy to do so and now have to regen to at least 25 before you can fire off a finisher.  In that regen time, you could miss potential shadow techniques procs and lose potential combo points.  Since our DPS as rogues is gated by energy availability/regen rather than APM, there's no harm in delaying your backstabs until 60 energy; they are inefficient generators anyway, and with any luck you'll ST-proc enough CP while you wait that you won't even need to backstab at all and can just go right back into shadow dance!

As timmpah mentioned, It is good to squeeze in 1-2 backstabs before you shadow dance if you are capped on energy going in so you don't waste the 30 bonus energy from master of subtlety.  If you pop dance right at 70 energy, you'll have no trouble squeezing in 4SS plus a finisher.