FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zikavirus

Resto Raid Numbers

Hello everyone. I've been healing as various different classes, including Druid since late vanilla/early BC. While I've always maintained a resto Druid alt, this is my first expansion maining one. Coming from a HPally perspective, I feel like my HPS is a bit low, and would love some feedback and advice below are my parses for the last logged raids I did with the guild (Fleasz is my toon) and also I've linked my armory. I know that I'm fairly mastery heavy which isn't optimal for raids, and I'm working on fixing those pieces, though RNGesus apparently hates me. Any feedback would be welcome! Thank you in advance! 

hhttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pVCf1ZwDTjJy2m4a#fight=1&type=healing

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Fleasz/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Z8hXbN3xtRfP4LwV

Hello,

I looked at your Armory and saw that you have the Ancient Priestess enchant on your neck. I wouldn't recommend it - the healing it does is negligible (about 1% during a standard 6 min raid fight). It would be better to use Mastery enchant and drop the Horn trinket - it is the worst of the raid trinkets that have healing part because you have to 'use' it but it takes time for the wisp to travel to the target so many times its healing is not required anymore.

You don't have an enchant on the ring as well but I believe it's because it's a fresh drop.

I saw that in the raid logs you linked, you had a Mark of Claw enchant on your neck. This enchant does not trigger from healing.

Now, your Artifact level is extremely low - 19 traits? Is resto your off spec? In this case it's understandable but still affects your healing numbers. I'm not sure either why did you go for Power of the Archdruid before the Tranq Gold. The PotA is a great trait but for the raid healing Tranquil Mind had to be taken before it.

It's even become worse for you specifically because while you invested into PotA, you hardly cast WG - 7 casts vs 18 casts of your other resto druid in the same fight.

You didn't cast Florish even once while having the talent.

You didn't cast your Artifact ability even once.

You took Inner Peace that decreases the CD of Tranq but you don't have Tranquil Mind Gold trait and used Tranq only once during the fight. Inner Peace is worth taking in 2 situations: if you are the only CD healer in raid or if you are planning to use Tranq at least 3 times, otherwise you should take Spring Blossoms.

You definitely shouldn't take Inner Peace in your raid healing comp when all the other healers have raid healing CDs and the other druid already took Inner Peace - you wouldn't be able to benefit from the talent.

TL;DR:

- look into your enchants

- change Horn trinket to whatever else you have, literally everything would be better (if it's not Agi+Vers^^). If you have a Int+Haste or Int+Crit stick from WQ, it would work.

- work towards your Artifact, 19 traits is not enough for a comfortable raid healing.

- change Inner Peace to Spring Blossoms

- cast Wild Growth much more - I didn't see you struggling with mana. Try to pair WG casts with Florish and Artifact ability when possible.

- you have to cast Florish and Essence of G'Hanir literally on CD but pay attention that you have enough HoTs and Efflo rolling on the raid before the cast.

Hope it helps :)

PS: you linked another log too but it wasn't taken with advanced logging option on, so it's not very useful - I can't see your talents, artifact traits, mana usage, gear, etc. Your healing looks better but I really can't say a lot without advanced logging.

20 hours ago, Pandacho said:

[...]

Thank you for the reply! I was doing mythic+/Kara last night, so some of my gear is more mastery focused for those runs, which might have been a little misleading. For raids, trinket wise, I run chrono shard and the vers, int/haste proc trinket for raids. I recently got both of those recently so the log might have showed me wearing that abysmal trinket haha. 

I didn't realize I hadn't cast the artifact ability, so I'll definitely improve on that. As far as the artifact, I swapped some talents around so I have  dreamwalker and tranquil mind now, for one of those logs I'm certain I didn't have tranquil mind. My AP is low because this is technically my 4th reroll this expansion. Guild I was raiding with prior to my current one needed a DH tank, then a guardian Druid, then a boomkin before I finally said "fuck this, I'm leaving and going back to healing". Crushing WQs to finish out my 3rd as we speak. 

I really have a love/hate relationship with spring blossoms. Is a wonderful talent, but unfortunately it seems that most every fight requires a shitload of movement and efflorescence ends up being a waste of mana and a global. I do swap it out depending on the fight though. 

I'm pretty sure the log you viewed had me running the traits for mana conservation, which probably accounts for the fact I didn't have any mana issues. Since I've swapped artifact talents up, I'm typically running oom fairly often. A lot of that has to do with me running two throughput trinkets, and not having the cost reduction/regent talents I used to have access to. Would you suggest taking a modified build for the mana, or just stick with what I have?

Thank you you for the advice and I'll definitely work on improving it all. 

Edited by Pandacho
clipped the quote

Hi,

I'm not exactly agree about wasting mana and GCD on Efflorescence because of high movement. Actually I can't even think about any fight in EN that requires constant movement for all the raiders. Nythendra - the dragon and melee stay in place most of time, Elerethe - she switches place once in a while, but definitely not every 10-20 sec, Il'gynoth - maybe on this one I'd rather go with Germination on HC and Inner Peace on Mythic. Efflorescence still may be cast on melee camp though it wouldn't tick for the full duration. Ursoc - a big yes: while you will have to recast Eff a lot, you will always have 6-10 people stacked to benefit from Eff+SB.

I wouldn't go through all the bosses but the idea is that there's always a melee camp that would benefit from Eff+SB or 4-6 ranged you can put into Eff circle but you have to know and understand every fight so you wouldn't cast the ability right before the raid have to move.

I can imagine though that in your raid comp with another resto druid and a resto shaman, it feels like you have too much ground AoE healing on the same group of people. What I can suggest is to try Eff with SB during one raid and then to check the logs for its healing+overhealing. Maybe it's just your feeling that something is wrong - 'normal' Eff+SB should make about 10% of your Total healing, maybe more. Though if you see in the logs that it does more than 50% overhealing, you should consider taking another talent or talking to your fellow healers and dividing the areas of ground AoE.

Regarding mana conservation vs throughput playstyle: I think it's a personal choice. I personally always go for throughput, finding it much more engaging and fun but it requires knowing every fight, timing for every raid wide boss ability and planning ahead your healing so you'd never 'waste' mana for unnecessary casts like Efflorescence before movement, blanketing people before a raid CD is being popped or taking a talent that you are not going to use. Again, you have to be fully aware about throughput potential of your spells and their combos like for example SotF+WG+Florish+EoGH, and well, you'll have to change the talents between fights ^^

PS: you will go OOM a lot as a resto druid, but remember that our 'goal' is to come to the end of the fight with 5-10% of mana after using a mana pot, so no need to be afraid of it :)

One thing to consider : 4 healers among 15 players is too much, there is simply not enough damage for all healers to be around 260 hps.

In normal you can heal a 15 or 20 man raid with 2 healers.

In heroic, 1 healer for 5 players is a good ratio, for mythic I don't know.

You can raid with 4 healers, but your hps will be lower, and it's not an issue until the group wipes.

Just to add what the others have written - knowing the synergy between your spells and talents (for example, don't bother with Prosperity if you don't intend to grap Soul of the Forest, take Cenarion Ward instead), remembering your CDs and timing them accordingly to the encounter will help quite a bit. For instance, once the tank runs away with Rot on Nythendra, the raid is inbound for a chunk of damage. Make sure you have some rejuvs rolling to boost dreamwalker and remember your Essence of G'Hanir and Flourish.

Cultivation has been buffed, which gives mastery more value in raiding as well - I don't think you're sitting on too high a value. On your Nythendra logs, however, cultivation was a very small percentage of your healing which you might want to (re-)consider.

When I'm on new content, I usually stop by Warcraftlogs and check up on talents used during the enconters - and swap my gear about to optimize stats. Mastery and mythic Dragons go quite well together, for example.

One thing; Claw neck enchant DOES in fact work with healing spells (as of 7.1) - so it's valid to use on raid gear.

1 hour ago, Gwen said:

One thing; Claw neck enchant DOES in fact work with healing spells (as of 7.1) - so it's valid to use on raid gear.

Can you please link a source of your statement? I wasn't able to find any mention of a change in 7.1, all the official forum posts and wowhead comments I found still state that it doesn't proc from healing spells.

On 11/16/2016 at 2:58 PM, Pandacho said:

Can you please link a source of your statement? I wasn't able to find any mention of a change in 7.1, all the official forum posts and wowhead comments I found still state that it doesn't proc from healing spells.

Can't give you a Blizz source, but I just tested it at the training dummies in Dreamgrove. It won't proc unless you're in combat, so you'll have to engage the tank dummy, but once you've got aggro it'll proc from your heals.

WoWScrnShot_112116_112152.jpeg

Edited by Sighelm
attached wrong screenshot

On 16/11/2016 at 8:58 PM, Pandacho said:

It was mentioned on the druid Discord channel after 7.1 was released.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Xr7nPpjZHt216cDy#fight=14&type=auras&sourceclass=Any&target=20

supports this :)