FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Skyrge

Need a little help on H-Tortos

Ok, I'll admit it, Tortos has always been my worst fight. It seems like all I do is run from turtles. Well now we're doing heroic progression again after missing people for a few weeks and I need to step it up because we're not moving on til he dies tonight. Here are the logs for last night, can any of my fellow locks with a better grasp on this fight give me some pointers?

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=8737&e=8834

my armory:

http://us.battle.net...n/Skýrge/simple

Some changes I think I should make (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Save GoServ:FG for 1st bats, was force of habit to use it on the pull.

2.After double HoG on the opener, hold off till turtles are under boss then HoG,HoG,Meta,Doom all 3.

We're not getting past the first bats, will my damage pick up as the fight goes on? I've had a top 60 ranking on Iron Qon, http://www.worldoflo...3320#Skýrge��so I know I'm capable of real damage, I think I'm just kind of running amok with all the chaos of this fight. (Sorry for the epeen, but if I have to show a bad one why not a good one too? Posted Image )

Just FYI on some early pulls I had some major lag, including a full DC, I would say the last 6 or 7 pulls are pretty legit.

P.S. Where is the best spot for portal? I'm currently putting it near the left wall but after using it to escape I was having some range issues on turtles.

I guess it would help to give you our bats strat as well. Our OT is kiting them around the middle of the room while we try to AoE them down.

Edited by Skyrge

Before I say anything, is anyone specifically on slow duty for the whirling turtles?

Edited by Omaric

We have a new mage who filled in and was rolling frost to keep them slowed, not sure if she's permanent or not.

I ask because you say all it seems you do is run from turtles. I go Affliction on this fight because if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. I've got the turtles moving at the speed of a sloth on Nyquil. I recommend giving it a shot and see how your raid adapts to the very managable speed the turtles move with the Curse of Exhaustion glyph. The trick is, when the turtles are making their way through Tortos, to use SB:CoEx on Tortos at that moment. That will hit all the turtles with your 70%, 15 second slow. Thing to remember is that SB:CoEx is on a separate CD from your non-SB version. If they spread out you can weave that in. You can also Drain Soul on a bat that's about to keel over for a full Soul Shard boost.

If healers are getting disrupted constantly by the turtles and can't heal the tank (thus making getting past the 1st bats a pain), then this may be a solution for you.

Also, your group doesn't seem to be, but our group lusts before the 1st set of turtles come out so that we can get them down super fast so we're ready to kick the breath. That will also help you get the other 2 turtles down fast, giving you the option of kicking one of the turtles through the bats when they're all grouped up. The bats will take increased damage from the debuff of the kicked turtle, which gives you a huge advantage.

Don't forget to have a stun rotation on the bats going as well. Weave in Capacitor Totems, Shockwave and Shadowfury whenever possible. It appears that you've got your pally tank on the bats, but I think the monk may be a better choice. Does the disorient from Flame Breath affect them? If so, that will give you an insane amount of disruption and damage mitigation. Goes without being said too, but make sure your raid continues to refresh their shields.

Edited by Omaric
  • Like 1

Thanks Omaric. Our Monk was originally on bats, they just wanted to try switching it up and see if it was any easier. I bet they switch back tonight. I will try to give affliciton a shot, seems like I'm using it a bit more recently Posted Image , anything for progression i guess. Bummer, I was finally getting good at Demo. On that note, would glyph of shadowflame (i think thats it, the 70% move debuff one) have enough uptime?

Edited by Skyrge

As affliction , if they're kiting the bats just use imp gosup (switches targets faster) and use SB:SoC on one of the bats each round , to prevent getting aggro just put the portal near the middle on both ends , as close as you can. have your healers use the portal if they somehow manage to get "healing aggro".

If you do manage to get corruption up on all those bats being kited your dps will skyrocket , from that point on just dot tortos + turtles , you'll have 4 shards 24/7 =p

If one of your tanks is monk as you mentioned I highly suggest kiting the bats and ignoring them. Great place holders for crit doom's, SB:SOC, F&B Immolates.. for unlimited resources regardless of spec. As mentioned, Afflictions glyphed CoEx is superior to all slows and really makes things a lot easier for your raid. You should lust at the start IMO to ensure the first wave of whirlturtles are down in a timely fashion for first breath. I also personally sacrifice opening burst and don't blow Darksoul until a few seconds before first wave comes out so that I have extra dps where it matters on that first wave.

I've never used teleport in this fight, just never seemed needed.

If you do continue to kill bats each wave, make sure you get a stun off on the bats before stomps so that your bat tank doesn't get gibbed while stunned.

Edited by Soulzar

Many thanks to Omaric, Khaos and Soulzar. Unfortunately we had to pug a hunter and his 80k dps was too small for us to carry.Omaric, I did like the fight much better as affliction, and all of your advice is well received. Soul you are right, with the bats properly slowed porting was not an issue and Khaos that gateway idea is great, will be using that for our healers.

Edited by Skyrge
  • Like 2

I do demo.. With UVL's you can get your crit dots on the Crystals/Bats/Boss.. And your imps go UP UP UP

Immo/C. Swarm/HoG or Chaos Wave (Bats Dead)

The imps you get are retarded high with crits all around.. i don't bother with doom on crystals unless it's just like.. NO WHERE ELSE FOR CRIT DOOM.. you get it like 40 seconds or something

We've done it kiting bats before too.. Sometimes it's bad rng because FOR SOME REASON are fucking Shadow priest will get aggro.. and fade is obviously stupid... idk.. our monk kites though

Againnnnnnn... use the demonic gateway if someone gets aggro , works perfectly!

Hun it's not the issue with him getting aggro.. HE is too stupid to click abilities to stop himself from dying.. he's getting treat over tanks and resto druids.. (only idea is he's haloing or something) I was more venting about him, not the fight.