FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hsgames

Frustrated Arms DPS

Uncommon Patron

From what I am being told for my ilvl I should be in the 250k+ dps range?  I am doing the rotation that Icy suggests.  I know I am missing a few enchants due to lack of gold funds.  Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Logs from Heroic EN

Hsgames

Well, i am sorry to break it to you, but with legendary gloves and 863, you should be doing atleast 350k+dps on a good pull of xavius. I am at 867, with no legendaries, a 89% mastery, and i am pulling between 300-350k dps on Xavius. Today i did heroic nythendra getting 325k dps despite getting rot 4-6 times. Anyways. My biggest way of helping you, is asking you these 2 questions. 

Do you always use CS+MS when up, remember even if you want to use FR before using your next MS, you will potentially lose another reset of CS+MS.

Other than this, do you always line up your CDS, so you have a fresh CS up on the target and possibly 3 stacks of FR if possible, if you dont have a CS debuff up, then wait with your CDS. Warriors (Arms and Fury) dps rely heavily on burst phases, doing these wrong will net in a huge dps loss. 

The guide here on Icy-Veins is a pretty good start and has a lot of good information, but if you're really looking for the most up to date, high level information, check out "The Arms Compendium" which is maintained by some high level warriors.  It can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e2yNSETe1RrFPe5upmuhGxi1-nF3wFyJYHGcgMlir0Y/edit

That being said, just looking at the first 20 seconds of your logs there are definitely things you are doing that are not in line with any guide!

1) You started the fight 3 seconds into the pull?  I don't see how that happens even with a ninja pull!  If you're truly wanting to be doing great DPS as arms, you'll need to pre-pot Old War.  Potion of the Old War is just INSANE for arms warriors as it scales with our CS debuff.  You mentioned you are short on gold so that may not be an option for you, just realize that on a 4 minute fight, double potting is about a 10% damage increase.

2) Along the same lines, in addition to starting 3s late, your opener is screwed up.  You NEED to open with Charge.  The rage is much more valuable than the minuscule damage heroic leap does.  Charge + FR -> CS + FR -> BC + Avatar + MS + FR is how your first 3 GCDs should look. (Note the FR is after the MS in the 3rd GCD as there's currently a bug where casting FR just before MS causes it to consume the buff but not give damage).

3) On your first Tactician reset during your initial Battle Cry, you reset after MS either on that MS or on your FR, and immediately cast MS.  There is only 1 situation where you would cast the MS before CS there, and that is if it was your last global inside BC.  As a general rule of thumb, always prioritize casting CS before MS unless you already have an active Shattered Defenses buff.

4) You went from 6.4s to 19.1s before casting your 3rd Mortal Strike.  You simply cannot be missing MS casts, ESPECIALLY with the gloves.  It just kills your dps.

I would really suggest looking at the guide I linked, and then just sitting on a dummy for 5 minute stretches practicing your "rotation."  Without potions/flask/food you should be able to sustain at least 275k dps with your gear.  Focus on not missing a single MS cast, not wasting SD buffs, and being prepared for BC to come off CD.