FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
DynamicDave

Aspect of the Beast question

So over the weekend I was messing around on my BM hunter I have all 3 gold traits. I was messing around trying out different builds on a single target fight. I didn't have any food buffs or any flasks or potions. But I did a 3 minute fight using stampede I can in at around 230k dps, I tried again with Killer Cobra with that I got like 234K. But then I tried it with Aspect of the Beast I got like 254k. I didn't have a lot of time to do much more testing but I was curious if someone on here has and why Icy says its not worth it in any situation? 

1 minute ago, DynamicDave said:

So over the weekend I was messing around on my BM hunter I have all 3 gold traits. I was messing around trying out different builds on a single target fight. I didn't have any food buffs or any flasks or potions. But I did a 3 minute fight using stampede I can in at around 230k dps, I tried again with Killer Cobra with that I got like 234K. But then I tried it with Aspect of the Beast I got like 254k. I didn't have a lot of time to do much more testing but I was curious if someone on here has and why Icy says its not worth it in any situation? 

A single test/iteration is vulnerable to large variances in RNG, or rather, RNG can swing your dps up/down by a lot over a small number of tests.  The reason it is not chose over Killer Cobra or Stampede is that across tens of thousands of iterations, where the effects of RNG are smoothed out by the large sample size, Aspect of the Beast does less damage on average than Killer Cobra or Stampede.  

Ok I was curious if I was just missing something... I will not even slightly try and claim to be a WoW expert. That is why I like Icy Veins. So that people can figure this stuff out and tell me how to play my class lol. Thanks for the reply.