FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kbone1234

What is YOUR guys FDK rotation?

it comes down to your individual stats. For me FsC is just terrible, I can pair it with obliteration for some pretty brutal burst but otherwise because I run lower on haste than most the lack of KM makes it hit like a wet noodle, even on cleave. Another thing I have the frost legendary helm and I've fallen in love with it. I use a modified OBRA rotation with it and I cannot replicate it using FsC. FsC just requires more APM and takes more of my focus. Then for aoe with helm I use another modified rotation (pop rw, spam howling blast XD) and it does more dps for me than FsC does. I tested this on the Helya fight, and for my gear and such FsC just doesn't work. Now we have another dk who does well with FsC but its rather interesting, he out dpses me on single yet I win out on aoe (which one would expect the opposite).

So there is nothing wrong with pure machine gun or the wonky obliterate weave version, many people have success with it, it just requires you to arrange your stats differently, after that its just a matter of taste. I like frosts resource loop, I like my 900k crit howling blasts, and just spamming one ability for the most part isn't appealing to me. I realize there is more to machinegun but a majority of your time i just hammering FsC. 

So, your pick, whichever shoe feels good, wear it :D

2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

I like my 900k crit howling blasts

hooooo, i know this feeling (also have the helmet) xD

30 minutes ago, Scyn said:

hooooo, i know this feeling (also have the helmet) xD

:D

a lot of places where viewing it as a marginal dps gain from sims and such but in real play i love it :D def worth the slight delay to get RW running. Then for aoe its just glorious. RW, howling blast spam, and it gets fp running. Then while you wait for Rw to come off CD you get your frost strikes in.

love my helmet <3

I am running the single target build, albeit with GA over obliteration. It feels decently all-purpose and works solidly - on our mythic Nyth kill earlier tonight I topped damage done. 

I do not stack any particular secondary stat (as I have always picked what is best in item level) but in enchants I am going for haste as I really dislike downtime.

17 hours ago, riparooni said:

Due to luck of the draws on gear I have like 42% mastery (was as high as 50% at one point), so I like machine gun since it's nearly all frost damage

yeah i can see FsC working well for you :D plus it looks cool....... did you ....... did you see what I did there? i leave now.