Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gorship

Back into WoW, need some basic helps

5 posts in this topic

Hi IV folk!

Question for you.. Sorry if these kinds of questions arnt aloud I do apologize.

I have started playing wow again and i just have a few random questions i need help with.

1) Is there a top DPS spec for PVE right now that us locks should be using? I have always been an affliction guy (i love rolling dots) and im being told that Destro is best, then i read charts and and its all over the map. Just confused on whats strongest.

2) is PVP speccing a matter of preference?

3) what ilevel is best for the green fire quest

Those are all I can think of... I tried looking these up via google and other places - nothing was concise so i just wanted to ask and see for sure. Thanks :)

1) there's no strongest atm , "strongest" is demo in BIS gear but not my a huge margin , also in some fights you'd rather play smt else , so really go for what you feel you would perform the best in.

3) 480+ if you're not comfortable with it.

2) IDK if you're talking about actual spec, or talents, but as always the best spec matches your team comp.

Depends on your comp for some talents, for others they're pretty much always better than the rest.

I've seen a lot of different stuff in terms of the sac'ing pet, double demon, supremacy tier.

Dark regen and KJC are almost always taken.

Depending on enemies, Unbound Will and Blood Horror are taken.

Your second tier (CC) depends on your comp's needs.

Your third tier (defensives) I would assume mostly you'd wanna use Sac Pact, but against certain teams I can see Dark Bargain definitely being better.

If talking about RBGs/BGs, IDK which is best, but I'd assume you'd be able to figure it out after farming up some of the honor gear since you just started playing again.

This is all just based on what I see, I don't play a warlock but my 3s partner does, so this is mostly what he has done. Again, I don't personally play a lock, and would suggest you find a warlock to ask specifically, this is just holdover info until someone comes that is more knowledgeable.

EDIT: Definitely would suggest just playing which spec you most enjoy, but making sure to dabble in the others and give them a chance so you at least know if you like them or not.

Edited by Mit213

2) IDK if you're talking about actual spec, or talents, but as always the best spec matches your team comp.

Depends on your comp for some talents, for others they're pretty much always better than the rest.

I've seen a lot of different stuff in terms of the sac'ing pet, double demon, supremacy tier.

Dark regen and KJC are almost always taken.

Depending on enemies, Unbound Will and Blood Horror are taken.

Your second tier (CC) depends on your comp's needs.

Your third tier (defensives) I would assume mostly you'd wanna use Sac Pact, but against certain teams I can see Dark Bargain definitely being better.

If talking about RBGs/BGs, IDK which is best, but I'd assume you'd be able to figure it out after farming up some of the honor gear since you just started playing again.

This is all just based on what I see, I don't play a warlock but my 3s partner does, so this is mostly what he has done. Again, I don't personally play a lock, and would suggest you find a warlock to ask specifically, this is just holdover info until someone comes that is more knowledgeable.

EDIT: Definitely would suggest just playing which spec you most enjoy, but making sure to dabble in the others and give them a chance so you at least know if you like them or not.

For sure man - Im going to take the same approach to the pve specs - i levelled with demo just out of habit, trying destro for a bit, then affy then back to demo with better gear and just see, ill do the same approach to pvp depending on what im playing

Appreciate the responses. thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Furtivvo
      *Affliction Lock - Orc, ilevel 885, 38 artifact traits*
      1600-1700 2's rating: with a Resto Shaman
      1800+ 3's rating: with a Resto Shaman/DH
      Pets: Fel Hunter (Permanent) then: Inferno stun / Fel hunter

My question is how do you play with your lock in 2's vs 3's strategy?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (1). Do you just outlast and wait for dampening? spread pressure, UA+Drain when you can, and try and outlast with:

Talents: Writhe / Absolute / Howl / Siphon / Demon / Service / Phantom ?

Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (2). OR do you try to set up burst windows? with some what spread pressure    (its hard to get dots on both healer/dps) but CC chain the healer and burst with UA + Drain on the DPS for a kill window? with:

Talents: MG / Absolute / Howl / Siphone / Demon / Service / Phantom?

Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      For 3's I do the (1) for the spread pressure since its hard for the healer to maintain, but for 2's I keep trying (1) and (2), I just cant seem to find the right way to climb in 2's
      Any advice on talents/honor talents or play style for Affliction in 2's or 3's? or anything you try with your healers? I'm open for suggestions and talent changes

thank you.
    • By Furtivvo
      *Affliction Lock - Orc, ilevel 885, 38 artifact traits*
      1600-1700 2's rating: with a Resto Shaman
      1800+ 3's rating: with a Resto Shaman/DH
      Pets: Fel Hunter (Permanent) then: Inferno stun / Fel hunter

My question is how do you play with your lock in 2's vs 3's strategy?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (1). Do you just outlast and wait for dampening? spread pressure, UA+Drain when you can, and try and outlast with:

Talents: Writhe / Absolute / Howl / Siphon / Demon / Service / Phantom ?

(2). OR do you try to set up burst windows? with some what spread pressure    (its hard to get dots on both healer/dps) but CC chain the healer and burst with UA + Drain on the DPS for a kill window? with:

Talents: MG / Absolute / Howl / Siphone / Demon / Service / Phantom?

For 3's I do the (1) for the spread pressure since its hard for the healer to maintain, but for 2's I keep trying (1) and (2), I just cant seem to find the right way to climb in 2's
      Any advice on talents/honor talents or play style for Affliction in 2's or 3's? or anything you try with your healers? I'm open for suggestions and talent changes

thank you.
    • By Devkarin
      Hey to all my warlock-collegues,
      i´m playing aff since vanilla now and it is still my prefered spec (maybe try once Demo to see how it flows) but im always trying to improve my performance.
      I´m not aiming a "orange performance" at Warcraftlogs but purple oder upper blue shold be targeted. SO i just ask here to get some tip where i can improve my performance, cause many eyes and brains work better than just a single one and just using SimCraft is not the best way i think-
      So feel free to get some informations what you think about could work (talents, rotation, gear/stats etc pp).
      Following my armory an some logs of our "Twink&Community-Starter Raid" where we are mostly using Twinks and carrying non-riders out of the Community to show them every raid that is available. Normaly i´m raiding NH HC 9/10.
      Armory Link - Laneana
      Warcraftogs - Twink&Carry nhc
      Thanks for any support.
    • By krisdamx
      Hi im Lock 882 4 pieces of tier +2 Legendaris  this is my armory
      http://us.battle.net/wow/es/character/drakkari/Yizux/simple
      and this is a log by thrilliax encounter
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tk1jfRNyva4GgVXd#fight=11&type=damage-done&source=3
      thx for the help :3

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 1/10M NH, 10/10H NH 6/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild