Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gorship

Back into WoW, need some basic helps

5 posts in this topic

Hi IV folk!

Question for you.. Sorry if these kinds of questions arnt aloud I do apologize.

I have started playing wow again and i just have a few random questions i need help with.

1) Is there a top DPS spec for PVE right now that us locks should be using? I have always been an affliction guy (i love rolling dots) and im being told that Destro is best, then i read charts and and its all over the map. Just confused on whats strongest.

2) is PVP speccing a matter of preference?

3) what ilevel is best for the green fire quest

Those are all I can think of... I tried looking these up via google and other places - nothing was concise so i just wanted to ask and see for sure. Thanks :)

1) there's no strongest atm , "strongest" is demo in BIS gear but not my a huge margin , also in some fights you'd rather play smt else , so really go for what you feel you would perform the best in.

3) 480+ if you're not comfortable with it.

2) IDK if you're talking about actual spec, or talents, but as always the best spec matches your team comp.

Depends on your comp for some talents, for others they're pretty much always better than the rest.

I've seen a lot of different stuff in terms of the sac'ing pet, double demon, supremacy tier.

Dark regen and KJC are almost always taken.

Depending on enemies, Unbound Will and Blood Horror are taken.

Your second tier (CC) depends on your comp's needs.

Your third tier (defensives) I would assume mostly you'd wanna use Sac Pact, but against certain teams I can see Dark Bargain definitely being better.

If talking about RBGs/BGs, IDK which is best, but I'd assume you'd be able to figure it out after farming up some of the honor gear since you just started playing again.

This is all just based on what I see, I don't play a warlock but my 3s partner does, so this is mostly what he has done. Again, I don't personally play a lock, and would suggest you find a warlock to ask specifically, this is just holdover info until someone comes that is more knowledgeable.

EDIT: Definitely would suggest just playing which spec you most enjoy, but making sure to dabble in the others and give them a chance so you at least know if you like them or not.

Edited by Mit213

2) IDK if you're talking about actual spec, or talents, but as always the best spec matches your team comp.

Depends on your comp for some talents, for others they're pretty much always better than the rest.

I've seen a lot of different stuff in terms of the sac'ing pet, double demon, supremacy tier.

Dark regen and KJC are almost always taken.

Depending on enemies, Unbound Will and Blood Horror are taken.

Your second tier (CC) depends on your comp's needs.

Your third tier (defensives) I would assume mostly you'd wanna use Sac Pact, but against certain teams I can see Dark Bargain definitely being better.

If talking about RBGs/BGs, IDK which is best, but I'd assume you'd be able to figure it out after farming up some of the honor gear since you just started playing again.

This is all just based on what I see, I don't play a warlock but my 3s partner does, so this is mostly what he has done. Again, I don't personally play a lock, and would suggest you find a warlock to ask specifically, this is just holdover info until someone comes that is more knowledgeable.

EDIT: Definitely would suggest just playing which spec you most enjoy, but making sure to dabble in the others and give them a chance so you at least know if you like them or not.

For sure man - Im going to take the same approach to the pve specs - i levelled with demo just out of habit, trying destro for a bit, then affy then back to demo with better gear and just see, ill do the same approach to pvp depending on what im playing

Appreciate the responses. thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding. We cleared through Nighthold heroic a number of months ago and need some more people in order to jump into mythic. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. At this time we are full on tanks and healers.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - MM Hunter, Warlock and Shadow Priest but all classes will be considered
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By Leturoa
      Just a quick question about the affliction guide. Why does it say to specifically sacrifice the felhunter? I haven't seen anywhere on why to sacrifice a certain minion. I haven't noticed anything different with the buff you get from it. 

Page in question - https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/affliction-warlock-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 50+ traits.
      - 8 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM.
      Mage: Frost.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Discover Grinder Mage Standard Un'Goro Deck.