FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
meditate

Des, lock damage help

57 minutes ago, meditate said:

when i open with immo , my dps dropped drastically  to 120k , im not doing immo openers

Why ask for help if you're going to reject/ignore 80% of what we say?

4 hours ago, meditate said:

when i open with immo , my dps dropped drastically  to 120k , im not doing immo openers

and no i dont have lord of flamesm but if i get it , i will give infernal a chance as you have advise

thanks 

Hi Meditate,

I'm not saying open straight away with Immolate, a pre-casted Incinerate is better and then I part pre-cast Immolate, but either way as your 6th cast I believe that it is way too late. One minor change in your opener will not make the difference between the 210-220 you said you were getting above and 120k. However, you want the best overall opener you can get as that will carry your DPS much later into the fight (especially if BL/Hero is on pull).

Just to check are you talking about the max you see you get to on your damage metre or your sustained damage result after 1/3/6 minutes each time etc? With your amount of mastery and probable inexperience with the spec I imagine that your results can vary somewhat too over multiple attempts.

I am not a top player (only 3/7 mythic) or a number cruncher so I do not know what the perfect opener is and hence I did not suggest one. Ultimately use what you thinks works for you however, I will say though a very high majority of top players, SimulationCraft and top theorycrafters believe openers with a very quick Immolate are far more optimal.

Edited by spikeysquad
Spelling error

12 hours ago, meditate said:

and no i dont have lord of flamesm but if i get it , i will give infernal a chance as you have advise

thanks 

You should really consider following the artifact progression as listed in the Destruction Icy Veins page. I did that and I noticed a serious increase in my dps.

On 11/21/2016 at 9:03 AM, spikeysquad said:

Hi Meditate,

I'm not saying open straight away with Immolate, a pre-casted Incinerate is better and then I part pre-cast Immolate, but either way as your 6th cast I believe that it is way too late. One minor change in your opener will not make the difference between the 210-220 you said you were getting above and 120k. However, you want the best overall opener you can get as that will carry your DPS much later into the fight (especially if BL/Hero is on pull).

Just to check are you talking about the max you see you get to on your damage metre or your sustained damage result after 1/3/6 minutes each time etc? With your amount of mastery and probable inexperience with the spec I imagine that your results can vary somewhat too over multiple attempts.

I am not a top player (only 3/7 mythic) or a number cruncher so I do not know what the perfect opener is and hence I did not suggest one. Ultimately use what you thinks works for you however, I will say though a very high majority of top players, SimulationCraft and top theorycrafters believe openers with a very quick Immolate are far more optimal.

I did a log of my fight with Heroic Eye

look how bad my dps is 

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/duikdvdhwpkcfow9/details/15/?s=2224&e=2504#tab-dmgspell

Heya, my newly alt is a destro lock, maybe a comparison with my fresh lock helps u out (and maybe u guys help me out aswell).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackmoore/Solsticé/simple

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Vba!1020112

24h played 850 and didnt raid yet.

No logs, but @ ST mythic or ST raid dummy I start out with 300k without flask/food/bl.

Startin Rota:

Imp

Infernal

Immolate

2x conf

chaos bolt

3x portal

chaos bolt

then startin the normal rotation.

I'm not sure if thats good tho, or if it is worth using a chaos bolt opening first for the dmg buff?

anyways, I average around 230k after that - sometimes i drop a lil under 200k if i have to move a lot.

Went for conflagration of chaos > immolate(into infernal) traits first, the icy veins guide.

(Dmg: 30% chaos, 28% incin, 21% immo, 15% conf)

^did like 5 raid dummy tries, will post logs if I raid @weekend.

My dmg seems alright for 850 to me. dropping to 110k seems impossible to me tho.

This is a log of mine from my last LFR run, this could help you if you want to look at your rotation:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nyXqgWK7jftwaQrp#fight=11&type=casts&source=35&view=timeline

(the boss was unexpectedly repositioned between 6.5 and 11.5, so i had to slightly adapt there)
Because it was LFR i was a bit lazy/afk on most fights, but i did try to get some good numbers on nyth/ursoc and the inside of eye, because they're good bosses for that.

I pick blaze over backdraft because of personal preference, i'm not sure if it's better, but i like it more.
I pick entropy because it's easier than mana tap.
I pick circle.
I pick eradication because harvest is only useful if you need to get a quick damage boost, which is almost never.
I shouldn't have picked burning rush, but i didn't wanna use a tome, i think dark pact would be best for ursoc.
I used soul conduit because it's easier than demonfire.

The logs sadly won't help you much with solving your movement issues, since i kinda skipped the bosses where stuff like that matters.

Instead I'll give you some theory:
You have a gateway (2min cooldown), you have demonic circle (45-talent) and a choice in 75-talent.
You also have 1 big demon summon, maybe Go-serv, 3-stack portals and 2-stack conflagrates you can cast while moving.

Conflagrates need to be used at specific times (depending on your 15-talent).
Big demon needs to be "kinda" cast on cooldown.
Go-serv needs to be "kinda" cast on cooldown.
Portals should always be able to recharge so should be used before they hit 2 stacks (3 if you dont have the last golden trait), but try to save 1 for times of movement.
You could wait with any of these for future movement, but you'd have to decide for yourself if that's worth it, i can't help you much with that here.

There are 4 types of movement:
1- you need to move out of the fire (or whatever kind of shit you can stand in).
2- boss is repositioned so you need to follow.
3- there is a knockback effect and you need to run.
4- you need to soak something.

1- you need to move out of the fire.
place your circle somewhere and move away from it. Whenever you need to move out of something blink to the circle and you're usually fine. The next time you're in a spot in your rotation where you can move (for me that's right after an immolate cast or when a portal needs casting) move away from your circle so you can blink to it again next time. If your circle is in the fire aswell, that's too bad then you just have to run and maybe lose a bit of dps if you needed more than the 1 portal you're saving. Sometimes the damage is survivable, then you could decide to just soak it instead of moving by using damage reduction and shields etc, but this is generally not adviced.

2- boss is repositioned so you need to follow.

usually these kind of movements are planned ahead so use your gateway and circle to make the trip easier. Also, you're ranged, so by proper positioning you can make this a lot easier for yourself. Save a few more portals or summons if you don't have a gateway or circle for it.

3- there is a knockback effect and you need to run.
Fuck it, so be it. Save portals, save summons and just accept it's happening and it'll cost you dps. Maybe a circle or a gateway can help here a bit, but usually they just confuse me instead of helping, but if they work for you, use them.

4- you need to soak something.

If you know where the soak will happen place a circle there, if not, save some portals and accept the dps loss.

I forgot the 5th "rot" stuff movement on Nyth/Ele.
I think those a best treated the same as nr 3 and just run and accept some dmg loss.

@the OP

Found logs from 11/25 for you on Warcraft logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vGb4LkVCDZRy93gJ#fight=4&type=auras&spells=debuffs&hostility=1&target=352

Not understanding, what you are expecting if you don't do everything you can for an encounter.  Like, Pot/Flask...which really aren't expensive anymore. 800g for a flask, and 20 gold for Pots of prolonged power.

Odyn:  Talents are wrong.  Sac is for Aoe, not a spread cleave.  Coil is pointless in Raiding Environment.  Portal or the Stun is more useful.  The adds aren't going to be grouped up enough that Sac would overtake Service. 

-Looks like you Died towards the end, but never resummoned/sac'd pet. 

-Your Uptime on Immolate is bad, 68% of the fight. You are missing out on Shards/damage etc.  Should be close as possible to 100%, there really is no down time in that fight. 

-On a 7min fight you should have been able to summon Doomguard a third time.

Garm - Zero adds, so using Havoc talent is actually hurting you.

Woceht,

Roaring Blaze is better DPS when used correctly. Have a read here or over on MMO Champion. Though it is not very clear it does say to double cast Immolate for a full duration one so you can get in 3 Conflags on each one. Good luck!