FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Reoz

Your personal "proper use of soulfire"

Hi guys,

i just wanted to know, what the proper use of soulfire is for you?

In a normal fight i start with the default opener for the Unerring Vision of Lei Shen.

If everthing went fine and i got as much proccs as possible i still ignore the molten core proccs until i can refresh corruption with touch of chaos for the last time with all maximum proccs (about 3 or 4 touch of chaos) and then i start using my molten core proccs and spam the hell out of soulfire until im out of demonic fury.

Some friend of mine suggest, that i should spam Soulfire from the begin but i got the feeling it works better this way.

After that i try to spend every molten core procc in metamorphosis, yet without looking at proccs. If i remind right, i read that you should prioritise touch of chaos over soulfire in metamorphosis without proccs but i don't know. What do you guys think?

Sometimes it happens to me, that i accidentally hit soulfire without molten core proccs while spaming it in phases where i look more at boss abilitys then my rotation. I know that i should learn to watch my proccs but when it happens, should i cancel the cast immediately? I got the feeling that it is not much of a problem if my legendary metagem proccs but has to be canceled if i accidentally cast it without haste-buffs?

How do you handle our precious soulfire in special situations or normal rotation? What do you ignore from the optimal rotation or do you try to keep it 100% the way it has to be on the paper?

Thanks again for any answers and sorry for my english. ;P

Don't bother optimizing Corruption's damage. Buffing it even 200% still makes it almost negligible. Your Corruption servers one purpose and it's to generate Demonic Fury. Don't bother worrying about buffing it.

Soul Fire takes absolute priority over Shadowbolt in caster form. If you have MC charges in caster form, you shouldn't be casting Shadowbolt ever. You can check to see if your priority is correct with a World of Logs parse. If you have more Soul Fires than Shadowbolts, you did it right.

Your Demonic Fury generation at the beginning doesn't allow for multiple Soul Fires because the DF cost of Soul Fire will drop you out of Metamorphosis at the beginning and make you lose Dark Soul uptime. Don't let this happen. Personally, if RNG plays into my hands and I get another Unerring proc in that initial burst, I'll use Soul Fire to get a meta 700-800k crit and accept the drop out of Metamorphosis. In that case, I immediately use Hand of Guldan and one Soul Fire and pop back into Meta and use the rest of my Demonic Fury. It's a feel-for-the-spec type adjustment.

You'll maximize Metamorphosis time by prioritizing Touch of Chaos over Soul Fire when you don't have a trinket proc or Dark Soul up. Soul Fires are better spent in caster form to get you back into Metamorphosis. However, if you have 8k bonus Intellect from Cha-Yes or Breath or have 6+ stacks of Wushoolay's, start slapping out some Soul Fires.

Never ever ever cancel a cast you've started. This violates the two fundamental rules of casters: ABC (Always Be Casting) and DCC (Don't Cancel Casts). When you cancel a cast, you've lost full time, no matter how much time it is. This also, in turn, makes it so you weren't always casting. If you start a cast, even if it's the wrong cast, finish it. The way you decrease that is to have some Molten Core tracker.

When burst is needed for a particular whatever (Ra-den's Essence of Anima), I will use Meta Soul Fire without procs. It just hits harder and the extra damage is needed. Anytime you need something to die right now, use Soul Fire in Meta as long as you have Molten Core procs. Winning fights isn't always about maximizing your overall damage. It's about putting the right amount of damage in the right place at the right time.

• Like 2

Soul Fire takes absolute priority over Shadowbolt in caster form. If you have MC charges in caster form, you shouldn't be casting Shadowbolt ever. You can check to see if your priority is correct with a World of Logs parse. If you have more Soul Fires than Shadowbolts, you did it right.

back into Meta and use the rest of my Demonic Fury. It's a feel-for-the-spec type adjustment.

What is your opinion on situationally banking MC procs? While I as a rule use MC:SF over SB, if my Dark Soul is nearing being off cooldown I will usually save some MC procs to use during the start of DarkSoul while I wait for Imp Swarm imps to charge more up.

It's always been a life long mistake to write Ghost Writer instead of Ghost Rider. You can't change me because I don't want to be changed.

You mean, this one doesn't go to 11?? lol

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

Edited by Soulzar