FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JKGaming

Guardian Druid vs Prot Pally threat issue

I am an 865 bear and my GM is an 866 Prot Paladin. During ToV Normal Helya we had many issues with him pulling threat from me without taunting. The reason this was a problem is because I was taking all the breaths in a specific location. Breath would be incoming and I would taunt, then she turns back to him breaths then comes back to me. I have an addon that alerts at taunts and he most certainly was not taunting her. Why is this happening? My growl should generate enough threat to hold aggro until at least the breath ends. It did ok if he did not do any attacks to her prior the first breath. After that, it all seems ok. Do prot pallys just have retarded burst that generates a shit load of threat? 

My first guess: you move out of melee range.

Remember: moving out of melee ranges drops your agro instantly by about 20% (which you get back instantly if you move back into melee range).  This is due the thread behaviour of melee vs range.

If you’re sure that you don’t move out of melee range just tell the other tank to lay low and to not overagro you

Download a threat meter addon and run it. It will tell you exactly how much threat you and your tanking partner are generating.