FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
dlhak

7.1.5 Talents changes

Hi, I have logged to the 7.1.5 PTR and boy those talents changes ! I already like Felblade being in tier 1, so we can have it along with bloodlet and fury regeneration is awesome ! plus I missed clicking a fury regen button ... also the synergy between felblade procs and vengeful retreat ! oh boy the spec is getting even better than I thought ... 

while for aoe scenarios, Blind fury combined with demonic does huge damage.

My opinion is that it really looks good, especially for those still without the Anger of the Half-Giants.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#gWx

I highly disagree with this. We're getting nerfed into the ground in both AOE and single target damage while we already sim around 5th to last. This patch will have us resource starved even more so than we were before. I'm a highly competitive DPS in mythic raiding and, although I am not the best or claim to be, I understand the mechanics of this class on a deep level. I've put many hours into log analysis for myself and many other DH's. I can assure you, the number's we're seeing in 7.1.5 as of now will absolutely not be favorable. It may change how the DH play style/niche goes, which some may like, but it will be in a way that will make you feel much more static. You'll be moving much less, which is a boasted niche of the Havoc spec, and standing still a lot more.

• Like 2

Also here are my logs for Mythic Ursoc for credibility purposes. I'm Xemnas. Again, not the best, relative top 4%, top 6% overal, but I still believe I understand this class very deeply.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.50.20 PM.png

Edited by Procyon
  • Like 1

Considering the recent buffs on the new build on the ptr, demon hunters seem to be in a very good spot now (specially with the chaos cleave talent, mastry buff and the chaos strike buff which directly also buffs chaos cleave)

what buffs? Chaos Cleave will be nerfed from 50% damage to 25% damage, Demon Blades will be nerfed from 75% to 65% crit chance and fury generation, Soul Rending (our main deff talent) will be brought down to 70% leech... Can it get any worse? Oh, wait it can: instead of moving [Prepared] (which gives 40 fury when Vengeful Retreat is used) to a different tier, so it won't be on the same with the nerfed Demon Blades, they switched 2 talents that in raiding most of us find useless... Why create a new class and expect everyone to be hyped about it if you are going to ruin it with nerfs not 4 months into the expansion? Yes, nerf the new class so that nobody plays it anymore and then wonder why there are no Demon Hunters around as much as before, and buff to broken OP some other classes.... NO MY FRIEND, WE ARE GOING TO BE NERFED BIG TIME... and that is a shame because DH is fun to play with all that jumping around :)

You my friend need to start reading PTR stuff properly. First of all Chaos Cleave didn't get nerfed it got changed, it didn't just went down to 25%, but actually deals ADDITIONAL damage to ALL nearby enemies in, which is a huge buff on AoE/Cleave(With more than 2 targets) obviously, but actually it beneficial on single target since it basically increases Chaos Strike and Annihilation by 25% which are further increased by our mastery, since it increases our chaos damage. Demon Blades nerf is not so bad. Next, Soul Rending getting nerfed to 70% leech? Oh rly? Maybe then you should read what Meta itself gives on PTR? Meta have base 30% leech in it now, so thats basically unchanged. Actually Felblade and Chaos Cleave can become USEFUL now, especially with changes to Chaos Cleave. So stop exaggerating so much please and read all changes thoroughly with cool head.

Edited by Hexred