FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dreadshyn

Help with updated FDK stats

Looking for some help from my fellow DK brothers. So I read the stat weights here on Icy-veins then when I ran AMR its pumping Crit then Mastery like a mofo. What should I be looking at stats wise to get the most DPS i can 

I know this question has been asked a million times and I apologize for it but in need of some help

Edited by Dreadshyn

Could you link armory? would help in diagnosis.

eg; I stack Mastery due to having Frost centric Legendaries and using a hybrid cleave/AoE M+ build rather than pure raid single target builds.

As stat targets go, I'd make sure you have 25% Crit, 20% Haste as minimums for any build... after those are reached, it's down to your particular needs. (some may go lower on Crit, but that will be easy to test for yourself if you have sufficient gear/trinket swaps)

Edited by Browed

On 11/18/2016 at 4:41 PM, kowalski said:

To be honest the sim results for rebalanced stats are less than mind blowing... for my own testing I experimented with reducing 40% mastery by half to redistribute points into crit/haste and found the results only vary by 2 - 3k, which is nothing.

Even putting all those points directly into versa only takes simmed dps up by 3k.

So as you can see, even a drastic rebalance has little effect unless you are going too low on one of the core stats (crit/haste) both of which are fine on your setup.

Just putting my 2cents here..

I was always going for the 25 crit 20 haste vers mastery, but as I got more gear I started adapting to the rolls my gear had in terms of secondaries and have ended up at the following:

17.17% crit 31.xx% haste 31.25% mastery - This is simming the highest for me atm with the trinkets that I am running (875 command, 865 memento). I also have the darkmoon 855 crit, which brings me to over 25% crit but it sims lower than the 865 memento.

Once I get 10 stacks on the command trink, which is a few seconds with my haste and icy talons, i end up around 22% crit. Currently simming at 410k DPS.

Its interesting because I can change my gear around to 25% crit 23% haste 30% mastery but it seems to around 405k.

Looking to replace some of the haste mastery gear with haste crit, to even the crit out a bit which I am prtty sure will be  dps increase as long as I stay above 30% haste.

SIDE NOTE: Higher haste seems to work a lot better with the legendary belt I have as I have less issues triggering FP.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Bládes/simple

Edited by Cuvandk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cuvandk said:

Just putting my 2cents here..

I was always going for the 25 crit 20 haste vers mastery, but as I got more gear I started adapting to the rolls my gear had in terms of secondaries and have ended up at the following:

17.17% crit 31.xx% haste 31.25% mastery - This is simming the highest for me atm with the trinkets that I am running (875 command, 865 memento). I also have the darkmoon 855 crit, which brings me to over 25% crit but it sims lower than the 865 memento.

Once I get 10 stacks on the command trink, which is a few seconds with my haste and icy talons, i end up around 22% crit. Currently simming at 410k DPS.

Its interesting because I can change my gear around to 25% crit 23% haste 30% mastery but it seems to around 405k.

Looking to replace some of the haste mastery gear with haste crit, to even the crit out a bit which I am prtty sure will be  dps increase as long as I stay above 30% haste.

SIDE NOTE: Higher haste seems to work a lot better with the legendary belt I have as I have less issues triggering FP.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Bládes/simple

I have a tendancity to pay attention to posts like these because when guys are using sims and refining their builds down to 1.3% dps, it reveals (and confirms) a lot.

It seems that when you reach a certain gear lvl, and higher amounts if haste is obtainable (without sacrificing too much) it can make up for a lot.

good info.

6 hours ago, Sniz said:

I have a tendancity to pay attention to posts like these because when guys are using sims and refining their builds down to 1.3% dps, it reveals (and confirms) a lot.

It seems that when you reach a certain gear lvl, and higher amounts if haste is obtainable (without sacrificing too much) it can make up for a lot.

good info.

Thanks man, just looking to perform at my  characters best. Frost dk is in suxh a interesting spot where stat prio chanhe everytime u get a new piece of gear. Only way to check is to hit a dummy and sim haha

example: i just got new 880 bracers with main stat crit, it dropped my haste below 30 and i simmed less hence going to a diff build which requires less than 30% haste, gg

Edited by Cuvandk

18 minutes ago, Cuvandk said:

Thanks man, just looking to perform at my  characters best. Frost dk is in suxh a interesting spot where stat prio chanhe everytime u get a new piece of gear. Only way to check is to hit a dummy and sim haha

example: i just got new 880 bracers with main stat crit, it dropped my haste below 30 and i simmed less hence going to a diff build which requires less than 30% haste, gg

how do you determine what build needs what? for example what build were you running with 30% haste and what build are you running now?

18 minutes ago, Cuvandk said:

Exactly my experience.  Pawn string changes with every gear combination.

all i can say is save every ring or trinket you find, cuz you never know when you might need a stat stick. :)