FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
boombasstic

moonkin need help with dps?

Hi there i have been playing the game for the while , the recent change in expansion with play stlye am still not getting hang of it which results in my dps being low.I have searched all over the net even talked to in game moonkin but still the dps is low.I am following the guide and stat with rotation.

Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dentarg/Boombasstic/simple

warcraft logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2984704/10/#

sunfire and moonfire are always active rarely one drops

i use 2x starsurge at 80 astral power

using the moon when ready

i use astral communication instead of blessing of the ancient usually after using 2x starsurge of cast 2 more

i use solar and lunar as filler but mostly use solar

my stats 16% crit, 30% haste, 43% mastery

plz  help as i want to do mythic progression which wont be happening if i dont improve the dps.

From what i can see from your warcraft logs it shows a couple of glaring issues. The first one is you were producing no DPS for around 2 minutes of the fight. You stopped producing DPS at the 4 min 30 second mark when everyone of the top 10 dps in that fight were still showing DPS output all the way through to 6 minutes 30 seconds. This also filtered down into your spell casts when comparing your output to the best balance druid in your group you were casting roughly half as many of every spell as they were. I think to get a better indicator for your dps you will need to do another fight were you are active for all the fight. It is useless to offer suggestions based of this log for those reasons alone :)

Edited by Starskreem82
grammatical error

I think you may have too much mastery, not enough haste and crit, especially your crit is rather low. I'd advise to use simucraft to confirm this.

using an odyn fight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4n18LawH9qKzD6Bv#fight=1&type=auras&source=7

Unless I misread the logs:

1/ You used only 1 deadly grace potion. They are very expensive, a cheaper alternative is to use 2 potions of prolonged power. Use 1 right before the pull as you are limited to 1 per fight.

2/ Be sure to time your incarnation with the BL, from what I've seen you used incarnation way before time warp.

3/ prefer blessing of the ancient to astral communion. blessing of the ancien scales way better with your haste value (which is boosted by the BL).

4/ good news: your CPM looks ok, you have very few downtimes, meaning you probably have a stuff/talent issue.

Agreed, you need more haste. At the moment, I run a little over 10k haste. Consider not using your legendary and try for the Karazhan neck piece off of shade. Basically 1100+ haste missing from the spot. Also, replace the helm with a haste piece, as well. Using a flask and 2 deadly grace pots along with azshari salad will help a lot too.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:58 AM, Starskreem82 said:

From what i can see from your warcraft logs it shows a couple of glaring issues. The first one is you were producing no DPS for around 2 minutes of the fight. You stopped producing DPS at the 4 min 30 second mark when everyone of the top 10 dps in that fight were still showing DPS output all the way through to 6 minutes 30 seconds. This also filtered down into your spell casts when comparing your output to the best balance druid in your group you were casting roughly half as many of every spell as they were. I think to get a better indicator for your dps you will need to do another fight were you are active for all the fight. It is useless to offer suggestions based of this log for those reasons alone :)

first of all sorry for late reply.

which fight in log the you are mentioning also next raid would be wednesday so i be sure that  the log will be correct.

On 11/18/2016 at 7:09 PM, bobifle said:

I think you may have too much mastery, not enough haste and crit, especially your crit is rather low. I'd advise to use simucraft to confirm this.

using an odyn fight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4n18LawH9qKzD6Bv#fight=1&type=auras&source=7

Unless I misread the logs:

1/ You used only 1 deadly grace potion. They are very expensive, a cheaper alternative is to use 2 potions of prolonged power. Use 1 right before the pull as you are limited to 1 per fight.

2/ Be sure to time your incarnation with the BL, from what I've seen you used incarnation way before time warp.

3/ prefer blessing of the ancient to astral communion. blessing of the ancien scales way better with your haste value (which is boosted by the BL).

4/ good news: your CPM looks ok, you have very few downtimes, meaning you probably have a stuff/talent issue.

sorry for late reply

The thing is that the gear i mosty get is eith haste/mastery or haste versitility plus the legendary with the mastery is the reason .

1/usaully use  2x deadly grace think i ran out of pot.Gonna use the prolonged power pot in next raid.

2/Will do use the incarnation to time it with bl

3/ I was using the blessing of ancient before but my dps was way worse so shifted to astral commucation but that was due to low gear got few upgrade so will switch to blessing of ancient again .

4/ will work on the fixing the downtime.

Did some simulationcraft here the result  with astral

stats 30%haste,16%crit,43% mastery

DPS DPS(e) DPS Error DPS Range DPR
327605.1 327605.1 163.9 / 0.050% 32182.2 / 9.8% 40580.6
Scale Factors for Boombasstic Damage Per Second
  Int Haste Vers Crit Mastery
Scale Factors 9.27 8.07 8.02 7.63 6.56
Normalized 1.00 0.87 0.86 0.82 0.71
Scale Deltas 1138 1138 1138 1138 1138
Error 0.21 0.21 0.21 0.21 0.20
Gear Ranking
Optimizers
Ranking
  • Int > Haste ~= Vers > Crit > Mastery

here with the blessing of ancient

stats are 24%haste ,22%crit, 43%master

DPS DPS(e) DPS Error DPS Range DPR
331754.2 331754.2 161.8 / 0.049% 31757.6 / 9.6% 39938.4
Scale Factors for Boombasstic Damage Per Second
  Int Vers Crit Haste Mastery
Scale Factors 9.27 8.14 7.42 6.83 6.76
Normalized 1.00 0.88 0.80 0.74 0.73
Scale Deltas 1138 1138 1138 1138 1138
Error 0.20 0.20 0.21 0.20 0.21
Gear Ranking
Optimizers
Ranking
  • Int > Vers > Crit > Haste ~= Mastery

On 11/19/2016 at 0:51 AM, Eviltenchi said:

Agreed, you need more haste. At the moment, I run a little over 10k haste. Consider not using your legendary and try for the Karazhan neck piece off of shade. Basically 1100+ haste missing from the spot. Also, replace the helm with a haste piece, as well. Using a flask and 2 deadly grace pots along with azshari salad will help a lot too.

i can get 10k haste but the my crit get low am trying to get better gear, no luck with karazhan neck yet,

I was finding I don't need as much crit but that might be less of an issue for me since I have Impeccable Fel Essence. My crit is at 2k (11%). If you need more haste/crit pieces, run mythic+ 2-5 as much as possible for specific pieces. You ilvl will easily get you in. If you want to min.max more, race change to troll for berserk too.

I'm using your last ursoc hc, seemed like a good one because you're using pre-pot there and lining everything up with timewarp.
It's also a short fight so easier to analyze.
You were at 79% of ilvl performance, which is higher then most of the others, so a bit of extra gear should put you higher in that list.
But you're not at 100%, so there is room for improvement.

a few things first:
Some people will have a better legendary.
Some people will have more points in their artifact weapon.
Your fight took <3:30 so you couldn't benefit from another incarnation.
This isn't something you can really change, but do influence your rating a bit.

now, to what you can change:
You have small downtimes, i assume due to charges (and a long one at 00:45, which i cannot explain). You could try to save some surges for the charges instead of refreshing a dot. You've also casted your dots 12 times each (while 4-6 should be enough), if you can replace any of those with a normal spell it'll give you extra dps.

Also, you still have quite a few solar/lunar casts, so maybe give blessing another chance, even though it's worse for burst.