FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Auyssaelre

DPS help with Horridon

I did Horridon Wednesday night, and we never got the kill. Kept wiping on the 3rd or 4th gate. But I have a question regarding my DPS. On Horridon, I did around 50-70k on adds and the tank kept beating me on the dps charts. I am a 515 Feral Druid with mostly LFR gear but I just replaced some of it the day before the raid and I enchanted, reforged, etc. I'm just wondering if Feral is good on adds even though they do have good AoE. I will post a link to my gear and I used Spellflash and DBM for the fight. Do you guys think that Feral druids don't do good DPS on adds? Because i know I do WAY more than what I just mentioned. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Auyssaelre/simple

Edited by Auyssaelre

well ask away then.

well, maybe you should post it in your class forum. Players playing the smae class can help you much better than I can if I dont know your class.

well ask away then.

well, maybe you should post it in your class forum. Players playing the smae class can help you much better than I can if I dont know your class.

well ask away then.

well ask away then.

Sorry, I pressed the backspace before I was done typing and it posted. I edited it

Exactly what I was afraid of. I can tell you very little about dr00ds. wait and see, someone clever will answer in no time. Such is the way of IV

P.S. Gotta love the triple quote

Edited by Shine

It is, this is a case where both are fine really. Please dont think Im shooing you away or something. I just thought since your question is mostly about your DPS, the Druid forum might be more of a help to you.

• Like 1

Your gemming and enchanting looks proper. I believe BiS for the hands is Strength (even though it's not your "main stat," still the AP is more valuable than anything else). Unfortunately most of the drops you've gotten are better suited to a Rogue (haste heavy) than a cat (Mastery/Crit heavy), so your Mastery is fairly low.

Get your LW to 575 so that you can put some extra Agi on your bracers and save some gold long-term on leg enchants as well.

What I usually do as a Feral on this fight is go after the high-priority target (usually a caster), interrupt its casts, and cleave the rest of them with Thrash when I get an OOC proc. You can also use bear Thrash but be careful because keeping aggro is hard enough for the tanks on this fight. Unless Berserk is up or you're really getting overrun with adds, it's not the best use of your energy to try to Swipe everything.

Edited by Tarazet

Horridon is a trick fight to measure DPS. Generally, you should enchant your gloves and up your profession fast to get the perks of LW.

Regarding your DPS in the fight is hard to say something without a log... but if your group have trouble with the 3rd door, consider using bloodlust/time wrap when the 2 Frozen Warlord arrive. This is not the more effective way of using it, but this is the more stressfull part of the fight. If you could destroy all the doors, the last phase is easy with a proper tank swap... We used to do this way some time ago.

Tyrendorf

Thank you for your help and yes DPSing adds is a tricky part of the fight. Also, I want to mention that there was a boomkin in my group, I didnt see what iLvl he had and the Horridon DPS requirement is 80k+ on each gate. He did between 60-90k on each of the adds. So I guess that Boomkins arent good at single targeting adds either.

Edited by Auyssaelre

Warlock checking in. My melee usually struggle with this fight as well. I normally see our melee in the 130-140k range, with us ranged all hanging out in the 190-230k range. We used to lust on the 3rd door, as between the adds running rampant on everyone and the orbs wreaking havoc, it was best for us to group them as well as we could and have everyone go AoE nuts to try and get them all down.